Thanks.

goinghunting
03-20-2017, 12:44 PM
Anyone use the Kuiu bino harness?

Likes? Dislikes?
Does if fit well with a back pack on?
For rain?

Thanks.

Its unreal, best bino harness Ive seen yet! Fits with packs, jackets and all your gear perfectly

Tuffcity
03-20-2017, 01:20 PM
Wife has used it for years. She wears it while back packing, and it even fit over her Canada Goose jacket while sledding and looking for bison this past week end.

RC

SR80
03-21-2017, 06:26 AM
I wasnt a fan of it, always seemed to fill up with pine needles etc, and when taking my binos out of the "box" that hold them, it would fall down to my waist, unless i had it cinched up tight as hell, which wasnt comfortable. Ive since switched to AGC, which is better for me.

Timberjack
03-21-2017, 07:55 AM
I've actually got SR80's old one. He's bang on with his comment that the box doesn't work that well, but if used with just with the harness it holds your Bino's nice and close to your chest and they don't bounce around. For me they're the best I've tried yet. Super comfy under a pack.

TJ

Seeker
03-21-2017, 08:00 AM
I own a Kuiu bino harness and it works well. It does fill up with needles, Just dump it out. No issues with comfort or box falling down. If you want a lot of storage the Kuiu is limited. The AGC would give you more options for lens cleaners, mouth calls, wind testers, etc.....depends on your preferences.

allan
03-21-2017, 08:28 AM
I prefer the cases that are completely closed to keep stuff from accumulating in them. I've tried badlands, nice but the magnetic lid could snap shut and was a bit loud.
Ive since changed my glass to 8x32 and now use a sitka harness. It's smaller and worked for what I need. Mine has a mesh on the straps to help with weight distribution and sweating.
just food for thought

Spokerider
03-21-2017, 09:22 AM
All good info, thanks guys.
I'm going to give the Kuiu a try.

GetLethal
03-21-2017, 09:44 AM
They redesigned for this year and the new one looks good, well priced too. If I didnt have a badlands already I would be strongly considering it... Then again the new badlands pouch looks friggen awesome.

AgSilver
03-21-2017, 12:08 PM
The Oregon Packworks one is pretty good as an alternative.

Rob
03-21-2017, 12:19 PM
AGC packs..are you guys taking the strap off the binos themseves as well and just keep the binos loose in the AGC?

BRvalley
03-21-2017, 01:14 PM
I like the kuiu bino harness for it's simplicity and minimalistic design, the other packs are too bulky for my tastes.....everything else I need already has a home in my pockets somewhere, so I want a chest pack to hold my binos and nothing else

the kuiu harness wears comfortably with my pack, and under raingear

I did modify the neck straps so they connect to the chest pouch, rather than the binos...this helps with the pack falling down while using your binos, but for me it just makes it easier to pass binos to my partner....I catch a few pine needles but not enough to call it a problem, I suspect that would depend on how loose you wear it

I'd buy it again, but I'd be tempted to try the kiss AGC model as well

JLsteel
03-22-2017, 02:37 PM
AGC packs..are you guys taking the strap off the binos themseves as well and just keep the binos loose in the AGC?

I leave the binos loose in the AGC but I have some paracord attached to the binos if i ever need to put them around my neck.

khoffnbud
03-25-2017, 02:51 PM
I like the kuiu bino harness for it's simplicity and minimalistic design, the other packs are too bulky for my tastes.....everything else I need already has a home in my pockets somewhere, so I want a chest pack to hold my binos and nothing else

the kuiu harness wears comfortably with my pack, and under raingear

I did modify the neck straps so they connect to the chest pouch, rather than the binos...this helps with the pack falling down while using your binos, but for me it just makes it easier to pass binos to my partner....I catch a few pine needles but not enough to call it a problem, I suspect that would depend on how loose you wear it

I'd buy it again, but I'd be tempted to try the kiss AGC model as well

do you have any pics of your fix? i've been thinking of doing this since it is my only complaint with it

Skull Hunter
03-31-2017, 04:24 PM
Just an FYI for anyone looking at this thread. Cabelas.ca has a bino harness on sale for $60 right now that is almost identical to the Kuiu. I wear the Kuiu and it's the best bino harness I've used yet, but would give this Cabelas model a try for the cost savings since it looks like it's pretty much the same design.