PDA

View Full Version : Boat delivery time

mcmullmar
03-14-2017, 10:48 AM
Hi everyone. I have a question. I bought a new boat at the outdoor show in Abby a week and a half ago. I bought the boat they had at the show the on difference was i asked for a different motor which they had in stock. The question is what is a reasonable amount of time to wait before I can pick it up?
The only thing ibhave been told is the salesman say he should know this week when it will be ready. To me this is too long but it is the first new boat i have purchased..
Thanks for your insight

Ride Red
03-14-2017, 10:59 AM
Should of been completed in a week unless the motor had to be shipped from somewhere else.

mcmullmar
03-14-2017, 01:10 PM
Thats what i thought.

moosinaround
03-14-2017, 01:29 PM
Maybe should have got a delivery time on it from the salesman? If they do not deliver on the agreed time, some for of restitution should be given? If you left the delivery time open ended, I wouldn't get too pissed! Just my 0.02!

albravo2
03-14-2017, 01:43 PM
Lucky for you, weather has been lousy.

I'd call the salesman and get a firm date. You are the guy writing the check, not unreasonable to ask for good information.

mcmullmar
03-14-2017, 01:50 PM
I've been trying to get a firm date, he keeps saying he'll find out. Wonder If I tell him I'm going to cancel the purchase and ask for my deposit back if that would encourage him to get it done quicker

albravo2
03-14-2017, 02:10 PM
I've been trying to get a firm date, he keeps saying he'll find out. Wonder If I tell him I'm going to cancel the purchase and ask for my deposit back if that would encourage him to get it done quicker

100%. Your leverage is at its highest now. Tell him you aren't being unreasonable, just looking for a firm date so you can organize your life around your new ride. If he doesn't give it to you ask for his manager.

At some point you're going to start wondering if they sold that boat to more than one person at the boat show and now they are scrambling to fill the orders.

takla1
03-14-2017, 03:47 PM
Doesn't matter what you purchase now adays the majority of retailers don't hold inventory.Far to expensive to lay out funds ,then they have to pay storage until the items sold..."Just in time"delivery is the norm and of course the seller wont tell you that.
Adding on an engine change will add more delay
good luck

takla

Barracuda
03-14-2017, 04:10 PM
there could be all sorts of reasons the boat and engine combo isn't in yet have a talk with them and they might even throw in a few life jackets or tanks etc .
Any ways congrats on the new boat

lorneparker1
03-14-2017, 09:05 PM
It will be howling SE all week. Who cares if you get it right now lol

donny.brooke
03-15-2017, 07:13 AM
I worked at (Pace Marine) Olympic Boat Centres in Port Moody for 10 years and it wasnt uncommon to have to wait 2 months for the boats to get to there owners. Boat show season is the beginning part of the year and manufactures are pumping them out to fill orders and keep up. One year we had 305 deals on boats at the boat show with about 130 sticking, we were pretty busy let me tell you. Calling and ask for your deposit back may or may not work out as sometimes orders exceed production? Boat show pricing is usually the best prices of the season, a firm delivery date should be something they should provide. When show specials were on boats had to be delivered by end of March to get the good pricing.

03-15-2017, 09:52 AM
Well it's a crappy time of year to be using a new boat and motor any way. So think of it this way, for it to be delivered now, and sit, unused is eating your warranty away for nothing.
A later delivery date, and better conditions for boating and its use will work in your favour. For it to sit in the driveway or yard and await better conditions, just shortens your warranty any way.

Oh and remember buying a boat ....... BOAT ...... Bring on another Thousand. Get ready to spend big cash and get twofootitis every couple years.

enjoy your new craft when it comes.

CT

donny.brooke
03-15-2017, 10:10 AM
Just think you wont have to clean it after it sits in the driveway for 2 months lol.

mcmullmar
03-15-2017, 10:51 AM
Thanks everyone. Ill wait patently

donny.brooke
03-15-2017, 11:19 AM
So fill us in on the details of what boat your getting?

mcmullmar
03-15-2017, 01:10 PM
Looks like it will be ready tomorrow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
donny.brooke, it is a Hewescraft sportsman 160 with a 75 hp Yamaha.(color is Yellow) my truck is black so I think it will look cool
Have a Merc 9.9 to mount onto it, with a Trollmaster TM201DPRO
Helix 7 sonar with GPS
2 manual scotty downriggers.
Now I just need to figure out how to catch salmon!!! Had no luck last year, but this will be the year!

Ride Red
03-15-2017, 01:26 PM
donny.brooke, it is a Hewescraft sportsman 160 with a 75 hp Yamaha.(color is Yellow) my truck is black so I think it will look cool
Helix 7 sonar with GPS
Now I just need to figure out how to catch salmon!!! Had no luck last year, but this will be the year!

Pinks are in the Fraser river this year.

donny.brooke
03-15-2017, 03:59 PM
Nice boat, they still made in Arlington Washington? Buddy has a 1973 12 footer in mint cond.

SAKO 85
03-15-2017, 06:31 PM
My advice, upgrade to electric downriggers special if you going fish deep.
Enjoy your new boat. Winter chinook fishing is pretty good this year .

Edzzed
03-15-2017, 06:35 PM
Nice, About 50 feet of gill net would help.

mcmullmar
03-15-2017, 06:46 PM
Electric would be nice but after buying the boat, and a new truck this year, my manual downriggers will have to do. For now anyways.

bloody bellies
03-28-2017, 06:15 PM
Helix 7 sonar with GPS

85' down with white glow hoochie, 5 miles out from south point of Bowen island, troll towards markers

SAKO 85
03-29-2017, 06:34 PM
Recently the winter fishing is pretty quiet or maybe I'm fishing in wrong place . ��

mcmullmar
04-11-2017, 03:16 PM
Where have you been fishing? Took a course with Pacific Angler and learned a few spots to go. Grace Island, Hutt Island, Tunstall Bay, I caught 2 at Hole in the wall. Need to be on the bottom in most places. At hole in the wall I was at 93 and 103' on downrigger. What are you using? Make sure you charge your glow tackle before using it, Green glow flasher and Glow irish cream spoon with a 6' leader. Use sent paste not oil.

stella-artois
04-11-2017, 03:28 PM
Start playing with different depths as we get into spring the fish will start to suspend

Sunzuki
04-16-2017, 10:47 AM
Fish out the other side of the boat.
That's where the fish are.

REMINGTON JIM
04-16-2017, 05:16 PM

YUP or ask to speak with his MANAGER - theres LOTs of places to buy from ! Just like the Car Business ! and they CANNOT Keep your DEPOSIT - its ILLEGAL ! :wink: RJ