PDA

View Full Version : Shot Gun Wall Lock-- Legal in BC???

dwayne26
03-13-2017, 09:13 AM
http://www.hornady.com/store/RAPiD-Safe-Shotgun-Wall-Lock

I see that Grouse River have these on sale. Will these meet the requirements for having your guns locked??? These look great. By the time I go to the basement and unlock the gun safe it may be too late to confront an intruder. And yes, if I bought one I would not keep ammo in the chamber. I would think it would follow the "Displaying Firearms Safely" in the regulations. What are your thoughts?
Thanks

sawmill
03-13-2017, 09:20 AM
Should be O.K. Do you live in Surrey? If so GET ONE.

Gateholio
03-13-2017, 09:49 AM
Not just legal in BC, but legal in all of Canada for complying with non restricted firearms storage or display.

Ammunition must be kept separate to comply with regulations.

whitlers
03-13-2017, 10:33 AM
http://www.hornady.com/store/RAPiD-Safe-Shotgun-Wall-Lock

I see that Grouse River have these on sale. Will these meet the requirements for having your guns locked??? These look great. By the time I go to the basement and unlock the gun safe it may be too late to confront an intruder. And yes, if I bought one I would not keep ammo in the chamber. I would think it would follow the "Displaying Firearms Safely" in the regulations. What are your thoughts?
Thanks

You do realize that you can't use a firearm in self defence if someone breaks into your house. Good Ole Canadian laws will put you in jail and take your guns away. We don't live in Texas.

Gateholio
03-13-2017, 11:08 AM
You do realize that you can't use a firearm in self defence if someone breaks into your house. Good Ole Canadian laws will put you in jail and take your guns away. We don't live in Texas.

You should educate yourself on the Canadian self defense laws.

SaintSix
03-13-2017, 11:14 AM
True you might face a jury over self defense in your home. But at least you'll be alive to do so.

whitlers
03-13-2017, 11:39 AM
You should educate yourself on the Canadian self defense laws.

Reasonable force to protect yourself? It's all circumstantial of course. The problem arises when the intruder has no weapon and you have a gun...I know you can use reasonable force to defend yourself if you think you are in danger but I have a hard time believing you can get away with shooting someone in your house. Don't get me wrong. I wish I had more rights to defend myself and my property but I will assume that shooting someone will be termed excessive force.

Gateholio
03-13-2017, 12:36 PM
Reasonable force to protect yourself? It's all circumstantial of course. The problem arises when the intruder has no weapon and you have a gun...I know you can use reasonable force to defend yourself if you think you are in danger but I have a hard time believing you can get away with shooting someone in your house. Don't get me wrong. I wish I had more rights to defend myself and my property but I will assume that shooting someone will be termed excessive force.

http://laws-lois.justice.gc.ca/eng/acts/C-46/page-6.html#h-9

whitlers
03-13-2017, 01:01 PM

Fair enough but I have heard of cases where people have been charged with firearm related offences etc. Not to mention if you shoot someone in your home you are not off 'Scott free' you will still need to spend years in court and money for your defense.

I am just a fan of leaving the guns locked and safe. I would rather defend myself without a firearm unless absolutely necessary. Too many grey areas surrounding it.

sawmill
03-13-2017, 02:40 PM
I have several swords, what if I cut an intruder in half? Do I get to keep my hunting rifle?

dwayne26
03-13-2017, 02:45 PM
Thank you for your answers. I can always count on this site for great responses.
We had a conversation at work lunch break about this and you would be surprised how many shot guns are under peoples' beds. I think this is a better option then under a bed???
Thanks again

WaterFowlin
03-13-2017, 04:17 PM
It's by far a better option than a shotgun just laying around.

Ill spend the time in prison. Or the funds defending myself if it keeps my family safe.

I wouldnt dispatch an intruder for just entering. But if needed. I'd sooner be judged by 12 than carried by 6. Or worse yet my wife or kids carried to rest.

If if a guy wants to protect his own with a firearm. This is the most responsible way to go about it. But weather the chamber is empty or not. To be legal the firearm must be unloaded.

Sharpish
03-13-2017, 04:22 PM
If you blew an unarmed intruders head off with a shotgun, you would be charged with murder and probably convicted. If he had a baseball bat or machete you wouldn't get charged.

It it has to be reasonable. Shoot for the leg or use the firearm to make the robber lie on his face until police arrive. Someone breaking into your house to steal something and feed their drug habit isn't usually interested in hurting anybody.

03-13-2017, 08:08 PM
Pretty simple. Gun on wall safe is legal. Get family in one room and call the cops. Bad guy enters room and sees you armed amd keeps coming. He is taking his life in his own hands.

Realistically this is a pointless converstaion past the safe is legal. Most all of us would not heaitate if our kids were in danger. And would deal with it later.

Gateholio
03-13-2017, 08:30 PM
I have several swords, what if I cut an intruder in half? Do I get to keep my hunting rifle?

If you kill someone, you will be going through the court system regardless of weapon used.

Gateholio
03-13-2017, 08:43 PM
]
If you blew an unarmed intruders head off with a shotgun, you would be charged with murder and probably convicted. If he had a baseball bat or machete you wouldn't get charged.

Depends on who you are and the situation.

If you are a big guy (like me) and I shoot a skinny, unarmed 150 lb punk, then yeah, I'm probably going to have an issue.

A granny in a wheelchair that is confronted with the same person might be 100% justified in shooting him.

Now, how about if it's 3 150lb punks and they are acting aggressively and I feel the lives of myself, my wife and kids are in danger?

Nothing is really cut and dry

It it has to be reasonable. Shoot for the leg or use the firearm to make the robber lie on his face until police arrive. Someone breaking into your house to steal something and feed their drug habit isn't usually interested in hurting anybody.

If you are going to use a weapon on someone, it's because you feel you have no other option to STOP the threat. (Remember, if you have to hurt someone in defense, you aren't "trying to kill them" etc- You are trying to STOP the threat. If the threat is bad enough that you need a firearm to resolve the issue, you don't aim for the leg, you shoot for center mass. Leg shooting may indicate you didn't think the threat was big enough to warrant using lethal force, and a firearm should be considered lethal force.

Xenomorph
03-13-2017, 10:13 PM
Law is not black and white, it's a shade of grey, and as long as you're walking on the lighter side and can successfully claim and prove your side of the story ...you're golden!

Bunner
03-13-2017, 11:23 PM
The only time I would ever use a gun in defence in my own home is if my kids and wife where in danger. Then I would not hesitate to use any means of lethal force to protect them. A gun is always that last means.

Gateholio
03-13-2017, 11:50 PM
harming someone should always be a last resort, but guns in the hands of those willing to use them tend to de-escalate things in a hurry. There are numerous surveillance videos (mostly from the USA) that show intruders tripping over themselves as they try to get away when someone starts shooting at them. Most often, nobody even gets hit, but those criminals are RUNNING! :)

Drillbit
03-14-2017, 12:00 AM
Have a clean machette handy to put in the dead intruders hand. Problem solved.

I keep 2 on hand

grovecdn
03-14-2017, 12:05 AM
Take it from someone who has FIRST HAND experience using a firearm in self defense (Luckily I did not have to shoot the person assaulting me) YOU WILL BE ARRESTED & CHARGED, conviction is an entirely different story as "reasonable force" has many determining factors.........all the stress and financial burdens that can arise from it can ruin your life tho so be VERY AWARE of that aspect as some crown prosecutors are extremely against citizens using any type of weapon to defend themselves and will gladly ruin your life to not set a precedent for future cases regarding self defense with firearms.

http://i.imgur.com/cvLyDeg.jpg

As for the wall bracket lock in the original post, totally legal and even used by local firearm stores to legally display firearms for sale, I've seen an 870 in one of those at WSS Langley.

Laurp99
03-14-2017, 12:52 PM
Fair enough but I have heard of cases where people have been charged with firearm related offences etc. Not to mention if you shoot someone in your home you are not off 'Scott free' you will still need to spend years in court and money for your defense.

I am just a fan of leaving the guns locked and safe. I would rather defend myself without a firearm unless absolutely necessary. Too many grey areas surrounding it.

I agree with everything you posted! Using a firearm to defend yourself in Canada regardless of what is happening to you or your loved ones will result in jail, courts, financial stress, etc.......
Since we have to store ammunition and firearms separately, it would be next to impossible to arm yourself in time to protect yourself or your loved ones against a determined individual.

You shoot someone in self defense, you will need a very good lawyer! Your firearms will more than likely be confiscated as well.

http://news.nationalpost.com/news/canada/man-faces-jail-after-protecting-home-from-masked-attackers
(http://news.nationalpost.com/news/canada/man-faces-jail-after-protecting-home-from-masked-attackers)
Criminals in Canada have more rights than you know!
Now where did I place my barbed wire baseball bat?!

03-14-2017, 02:14 PM
the point of this is..... if I shoot someone in self defense I needed to... who gives a shit about court and jail....

sawmill
03-15-2017, 06:26 AM
Shoot the intruder then shoot yourself. At least your wife and kids are safe and not being raped and killed.
I know guys are all "kill the guy in my house" but............you know what?
If somebody was in my house with bad intent then I would deal with them . I would make every effort to get them to leave but if it comes down to my family or jail, I`ll take jail. Heard too many horror stories on B.C. news of home invasions. It CAN happen.

bc_buckshot
03-15-2017, 06:52 AM

totally incorrect but good try. Sorry

russm86
03-15-2017, 07:53 AM
I agree with everything you posted! Using a firearm to defend yourself in Canada regardless of what is happening to you or your loved ones will result in jail, courts, financial stress, etc.......
Since we have to store ammunition and firearms separately, it would be next to impossible to arm yourself in time to protect yourself or your loved ones against a determined individual.

You shoot someone in self defense, you will need a very good lawyer! Your firearms will more than likely be confiscated as well.

http://news.nationalpost.com/news/canada/man-faces-jail-after-protecting-home-from-masked-attackers
(http://news.nationalpost.com/news/canada/man-faces-jail-after-protecting-home-from-masked-attackers)
Criminals in Canada have more rights than you know!
Now where did I place my barbed wire baseball bat?!

Ammo does not need to be stored separately if locked up with the firearm...

russm86
03-15-2017, 07:54 AM

I keep 2 on hand

Or a replica pellet/BB gun... Can't tell the difference in a dark house...

whitlers
03-15-2017, 01:24 PM

34 (2) Determining Factors

This is the area where it gets grey. You are leaving it up to a jury to decide if you had other options besides going to your locked gun safe, taking out your gun, loading the magazine then finding the intruder in your house and shooting them...

Like I said before it's all circumstantial. I am sure there are cases where the use of a firearm to protect your family is warranted. However I am sure there are plenty of cases where it gets out of hand.

That's all I am trying to get across.

brian
03-15-2017, 07:04 PM
Best practices under Canadian Law. Your first priority when confronting an intruder with your shotgun, is to establish if they are armed and if so with what kind of weapon. This way you can respond in kind. For example if you establish that they have a machete then you need to go lock up your shotgun (ammo stored separately) and get either a machete or hatchet or equal length. It is a good idea to bring a measuring tape so you can get an accurate length measurement off of the machete. You wouldn't want to have to go to before a jury having to justify why you defended yourself with a 32" machete whereas your attacker only had a 24" blade. Same principle would apply if you happened to grab an axe rather than a hatchet. Perhaps a reasonable jury would listen to a defense if you could not find your hatchet, but you should have exhausted all reasonable attempts to find it before engaging with the attacker. Of course this is all void if you can establish if your attacker held a black belt in any recognized martial arts. Then it would be reasonable that you could defend yourself using any means necessary as he or she will likely over come any physical defense you can muster. So I would keep and extra black belt handy if you are in the habit of defending yourself with firearms. Then you can say to the officers that you saw the black belt and feared for your life.

Iron Glove
03-15-2017, 07:54 PM
Best practices under Canadian Law. Your first priority when confronting an intruder with your shotgun, is to establish if they are armed and if so with what kind of weapon. This way you can respond in kind. For example if you establish that they have a machete then you need to go lock up your shotgun (ammo stored separately) and get either a machete or hatchet or equal length. It is a good idea to bring a measuring tape so you can get an accurate length measurement off of the machete. You wouldn't want to have to go to before a jury having to justify why you defended yourself with a 32" machete whereas your attacker only had a 24" blade. Same principle would apply if you happened to grab an axe rather than a hatchet. Perhaps a reasonable jury would listen to a defense if you could not find your hatchet, but you should have exhausted all reasonable attempts to find it before engaging with the attacker. Of course this is all void if you can establish if your attacker held a black belt in any recognized martial arts. Then it would be reasonable that you could defend yourself using any means necessary as he or she will likely over come any physical defense you can muster. So I would keep and extra black belt handy if you are in the habit of defending yourself with firearms. Then you can say to the officers that you saw the black belt and feared for your life.

Hmm, some good points.
Now I'm wondering if the time I "disarmed" a knife wielder in my house by applying a Sherwood hockey stick ( I believe it was a Paul Coffey PMP ) to his wrist should I have weighed the "knife vs. hockey stick" aspect ?? :mrgreen:
I wonder what the acceptable ratio of knife blade length to hockey stick lie is ??

03-15-2017, 08:22 PM
You guys going to think " chapter verse" when some bad guy is in your house? Lol
analizing the legality of your situation? Im pretty sure it will be pretty obvious what to do.

AgSilver
03-15-2017, 08:32 PM
If you kill someone, you will be going through the court system regardless of weapon used.

yep

]

Depends on who you are and the situation.

If you are a big guy (like me) and I shoot a skinny, unarmed 150 lb punk, then yeah, I'm probably going to have an issue.

A granny in a wheelchair that is confronted with the same person might be 100% justified in shooting him.

Now, how about if it's 3 150lb punks and they are acting aggressively and I feel the lives of myself, my wife and kids are in danger?

Nothing is really cut and dry

If you are going to use a weapon on someone, it's because you feel you have no other option to STOP the threat. (Remember, if you have to hurt someone in defense, you aren't "trying to kill them" etc- You are trying to STOP the threat. If the threat is bad enough that you need a firearm to resolve the issue, you don't aim for the leg, you shoot for center mass. Leg shooting may indicate you didn't think the threat was big enough to warrant using lethal force, and a firearm should be considered lethal force.

i remember a big case where a young guy shot a "gangster" several times in the back while he was walking away because he feared for his life and won on self defense. Kid ended up getting killed anyhow.

harming someone should always be a last resort, but guns in the hands of those willing to use them tend to de-escalate things in a hurry. There are numerous surveillance videos (mostly from the USA) that show intruders tripping over themselves as they try to get away when someone starts shooting at them. Most often, nobody even gets hit, but those criminals are RUNNING! :)

probably would still result in charges.

I keep 2 on hand

good thing to post on here

which part?

You guys going to think " chapter verse" when some bad guy is in your house? Lol
analizing the legality of your situation? Im pretty sure it will be pretty obvious what to do.

whatever you "need" to (need being the operative term), but know that you'll very likely still end up in court at a minimum

whitlers
03-15-2017, 10:44 PM

Priceless hahaha

Drillbit
03-15-2017, 11:37 PM
Or a replica pellet/BB gun... Can't tell the difference in a dark house...

have those too!

In all seriousness, I'm pretty sure I'd protect myself and my kids before thinking about crown prosecutors if a real situation actually came along.

It's all about intent.
Pretty easy to show harmful intent of a home invasion over self defence intent of a home owner with a family.

jburgundy
03-15-2017, 11:49 PM
Best form of self defence is the sound of an 870's action sliding closed.

dwayne26
03-16-2017, 07:38 AM
I have been told if it gets to the point where you had to discharge your firearm into an intruder , fire a round into the ceiling within 10 seconds right after the first shot. You will need to tell the judge that the first shot was fired into the ceiling as a warning shot and the intruder kept coming forward and the second shot was into the intruder. Your neighbors will hear the shots and confirm the shots were less than 10 seconds apart. Depending on if the intruder survives, it will be his word against yours. A jury will believe you.

03-16-2017, 08:11 AM
Ag silver. Bottom line is the last thing i want to do is kill someone. Well the last thing is have someone in my family hurt.

That is why i find these threads funny. Really it would take a seriously bad guy to decide to go further when he has a family cornered and a dad with a gun. He can take all my stuff and i wont kill him. He can have the keys to my truck. But he can not hurt my wife and kid. I bet 99% of criminals will take the truck over death.

Walksalot
03-16-2017, 08:17 AM
A few years ago there was in incident where a bad guy was extorting money from another person and the bad guy tried to break into the persons house. The bad guy was shot dead and there was an investigation resulting in no charges being laid.
A criminal lawyer was in a group having this discussion and he commented that if you feel threatened enough to resort to using a firearm then have a situation resulting in only one side of the altercation being presented.

AgSilver
03-16-2017, 11:16 AM
I have been told if it gets to the point where you had to discharge your firearm into an intruder , fire a round into the ceiling within 10 seconds right after the first shot. You will need to tell the judge that the first shot was fired into the ceiling as a warning shot and the intruder kept coming forward and the second shot was into the intruder. Your neighbors will hear the shots and confirm the shots were less than 10 seconds apart. Depending on if the intruder survives, it will be his word against yours. A jury will believe you.

Another idea maybe to actually shoot into the ceiling first...odds are the bad guy (or girl cuz...y'know...feminism and all) will stop.

Ag silver. Bottom line is the last thing i want to do is kill someone. Well the last thing is have someone in my family hurt.

That is why i find these threads funny. Really it would take a seriously bad guy to decide to go further when he has a family cornered and a dad with a gun. He can take all my stuff and i wont kill him. He can have the keys to my truck. But he can not hurt my wife and kid. I bet 99% of criminals will take the truck over death.

Of course, but then no one can talk big on the internet about how they'll shoot people :) My point was just that self-defence is a primarily a defence when you're charged...rarely is it used to avoid actually laying charges in a homicide.

bankshot
03-16-2017, 11:52 AM
Similar price but no battery required.

Shotlock Shotgun 200 M https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B002OCYG84/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_s4TYybJTQY1J6

grovecdn
03-16-2017, 01:18 PM

JUST NO NO NO!!!! "BE AWARE OF YOUR TARGET AND BEYOND". If your neighbors can hear that shot go off from inside your house they are in lethal range of the shot.

Where is that round going to come back down to earth?? How many blocks down the street? Unless you luck out and hit a few joist in the ceiling that round is going right through the ceiling and your roof and towards who knows where.........that action alone will show you disregarded the safety of anyone and everyone within range of that shot.

Even buckshot will go right through the roof and still be lethal to some distance.........CENTER MASS OF TARGET will have best chance of stopping or severely taking most of the energy of the round away from it reducing through and through effect going into other parts of your home or into other nearby dwellings.

NO WARNING SHOTS, if you can avoid firing your weapon at all cost it will stack in your favour in court.

If you really feel a warning shot is warranted, then SHOOT DOWNWARDS towards the floor provided people do not live below you so you can greatly reduce risk to others, ALWAYS hold everyone else's safety to the highest regard.

If the assailant still comes at you after presenting a firearm well so be it they are clearly not right in the head, or determined to take you out so there is not a witness to their crime so they can commit another illegal act another day.

Go talk to firearm instructors that teaches "USE OF FORCE" training and you'll really have your eyes and mind opened up regarding all sorts of situations that could arise and the court proceedings that will follow and what sort of outcomes different actions will bring.

leftfield
03-16-2017, 01:34 PM
JUST NO NO NO!!!! "BE AWARE OF YOUR TARGET AND BEYOND". If your neighbors can hear that shot go off from inside your house they are in lethal range of the shot.

Where is that round going to come back down to earth?? How many blocks down the street? Unless you luck out and hit a few joist in the ceiling that round is going right through the ceiling and your roof and towards who knows where.........that action alone will show you disregarded the safety of anyone and everyone within range of that shot.

Even buckshot will go right through the roof and still be lethal to some distance.........CENTER MASS OF TARGET will have best chance of stopping or severely taking most of the energy of the round away from it reducing through and through effect going into other parts of your home or into other nearby dwellings.

NO WARNING SHOTS, if you can avoid firing your weapon at all cost it will stack in your favour in court.

If you really feel a warning shot is warranted, then SHOOT DOWNWARDS towards the floor provided people do not live below you so you can greatly reduce risk to others, ALWAYS hold everyone else's safety to the highest regard.

If the assailant still comes at you after presenting a firearm well so be it they are clearly not right in the head, or determined to take you out so there is not a witness to their crime so they can commit another illegal act another day.

Go talk to firearm instructors that teaches "USE OF FORCE" training and you'll really have your eyes and mind opened up regarding all sorts of situations that could arise and the court proceedings that will follow and what sort of outcomes different actions will bring.

The bullet won't be coming down at the same speed it went up. Mostly harmless at that point

M.Dean
03-16-2017, 01:56 PM
A wall safe for your guns??? That's just plain dumb if you ask me! I can't remember even once going to bed without a firearm under the covers tucked in beside me? If it's loaded I keep it pointed downwards towards my feet, I'm a strong believer in gun safety! And another thing before my new pills kick in and I'm snor'in on the floor, again, now lets say there's a knock on my door at 2:30 am, Open up! Police! And in they come, muddy boots and all! First thing they see is a few rifles on the table, one behind every door and near every window, just incase, and one cop says were going to take these guns and charge you with "UnSafe Storage"! Too witch I reply" Kiss my Rosie Red, I'm cleaning all these weapons, Sir! And how in hell can I do that if there all locked up??? Also I'm in the house with my guns, and if I do leave the house every firearm is locked up! What's Illegal about that??? My point being, as long as your home, or someone else like the wife or kids, how in hell can you be charged for "Unsafe Storage"???

Elkaddict
03-16-2017, 03:28 PM
Ask Ian Thompson;) As per above, he came out of it OK, but not without a lengthy, expensive legal battle.

http://cssa-cila.org/wp-content-cssa/uploads/2014/12/THOMSON-IAN-TRANSCRIPT_20130103.pdf

(http://cssa-cila.org/wp-content-cssa/uploads/2014/12/THOMSON-IAN-TRANSCRIPT_20130103.pdf)

OoDark
03-16-2017, 03:51 PM
just wow at all of this

BCBear
03-16-2017, 04:13 PM
Just last night I heard funny noises at about 1am. Was like porcelain being knocked over and rolling, no mistaking that sound!! Daughter's hamster got out of the cage and knocked over a floor ornament. More like a break out than a break in :)

bacon_overlord
03-16-2017, 04:17 PM
The other question the court will ask is why didn't you just leave out the back door / window with the family when you found an intruder? Their mere presence does not constitute a threat to you or your family, only to your property. Get family in one room, yell at intruder to leave, call cops. If they're there to hurt you, you've already lost because they have the drop on you while you were sleeping, or fumbling for you locked guns, separate ammo etc.
Just delay, call for help, keep family safe by gtfo. Why stay in the house for them to get hurt.
I'm partially playing Devils advocate, but why stay? Get to safety, insurance will replace your stuff, and save the thousands and stress in court costs.
Yes it's a hit to the pride, but what's more important, your family's safety, or your imaginary castle full of mostly replaceable stuff?

grovecdn
03-16-2017, 06:06 PM
The other question the court will ask is why didn't you just leave out the back door / window with the family when you found an intruder? Their mere presence does not constitute a threat to you or your family, only to your property. Get family in one room, yell at intruder to leave, call cops. If they're there to hurt you, you've already lost because they have the drop on you while you were sleeping, or fumbling for you locked guns, separate ammo etc.
Just delay, call for help, keep family safe by gtfo. Why stay in the house for them to get hurt.
I'm partially playing Devils advocate, but why stay? Get to safety, insurance will replace your stuff, and save the thousands and stress in court costs.
Yes it's a hit to the pride, but what's more important, your family's safety, or your imaginary castle full of mostly replaceable stuff?

That is a nice thought but retreat can quite often NOT BE AN OPTION.

EX: Apartment that is not on ground level, condo with only exit is down a staircase (which intruder may be obstructing), breaking your legs leaping from a 2nd or higher story window isn't a great option nor would be throwing your child out that window to who knows what or who else may be outside.

Our court system also clearly states that you have no obligation to retreat from the safety of your home.

A sad case where an innocent man was slaughtered by a piece of shit criminal who then attempted to break into another home in the same night, and the ****er has a lengthy criminal record for similar crap.........he just don't care at all.

http://bc.ctvnews.ca/murdered-surrey-realtor-fought-to-give-family-time-to-hide-wife-says-1.2468672

Criminals don't give two shits about your safety at all and just want to get away with their crimes and keep doing more, quite often willing to kill anyone who catches them in the act as shown.

This is just TWO DAYS AGO.

http://bc.ctvnews.ca/sleeping-man-stabbed-awake-during-terrifying-east-van-home-invasion-1.3324159

Retreats a great idea but lets face it you are likely pretty ****ed unless you got a few locked doors in the way to slow an intruder down as they attempt to figure out the layout of your home and where everyone is located.

By the time most people can get their cellphone calling 911 it is way too late, you are your own first responder and any intruder is clearly a threat with bad intentions and in MOST cases homeowners are assaulted, held a gun/knife point, tied up like hostages, raped or killed.

To that I say **** anyone who breaks into another person's home as they clearly don't give a rats ass about your families safety......if they did they wouldn't break into your home in the first place.

coquitlam
03-17-2017, 11:51 AM
Should be O.K. Do you live in Surrey? If so GET ONE.

Funny that was my first thought as well

Laurp99
03-28-2017, 04:19 PM
Three armed home invaders dead! The 21 year old woman driving the getaway car is now charged with 1st Degree murder.

http://www.cnn.com/2017/03/27/us/oklahoma-three-dead-home-burglary/index.html

I have no problems with the outcome! Unfortunately not in Canada, become a victim, go to jail, or wind up dead. Those are our options.

thepitchedlink
03-30-2017, 09:47 AM
Interesting thread. What do you guys feel is the legality of trying to have ammo stored with the shotgun in this Hornady quick safe? Is there room in there to 2 shells? Is that legal? There is a larger version of this safe that holds as entire firearm....would be room in there.....how might the courts look at that I wonder? Seems a little grey Any ideas?

Mosin
03-30-2017, 11:53 AM
Interesting thread. What do you guys feel is the legality of trying to have ammo stored with the shotgun in this Hornady quick safe? Is there room in there to 2 shells? Is that legal? There is a larger version of this safe that holds as entire firearm....would be room in there.....how might the courts look at that I wonder? Seems a little grey Any ideas?

What if you were to get a mag fed shotgun and stored the mag "close by" in a drawer and the gun itself on the wall in its holder?

bacon_overlord
03-30-2017, 02:41 PM
What if you were to get a mag fed shotgun and stored the mag "close by" in a drawer and the gun itself on the wall in its holder?

Read the transcript linked above that deals with this issue. No matter what happens, better get a second mortgage for the Lawyers fees. It's a grim situation with no easy outcome.

guntech
03-30-2017, 03:28 PM
The first three posts covered it... and then... mostly huff and puff...

thepitchedlink
03-30-2017, 05:21 PM
The first three posts covered it... and then... mostly huff and puff...

Ya, that's sort of what I figured.....just trying to figure out what good quick access to your firearm is if you can't get quickly to a few shells...

180grainer
03-30-2017, 05:59 PM
Three armed home invaders dead! The 21 year old woman driving the getaway car is now charged with 1st Degree murder.

http://www.cnn.com/2017/03/27/us/oklahoma-three-dead-home-burglary/index.html

I have no problems with the outcome! Unfortunately not in Canada, become a victim, go to jail, or wind up dead. Those are our options.
I like how the Sheriff says that type of thing doesn't happen very often in their county.....no shite Sherlock. If people are legally allowed to defend themselves in their home, you don't get many break ins..........