PDA

View Full Version : Chilliwack Fish and Game club quits the BCWF

randymac
03-09-2017, 07:02 PM
I was quite suprised to learn at last nights general meeting that the board of directors had decided without consulting the membership to quit the association with the BCWF.
I was also we didn't have insurance thru the BCWF for quite some time but with Hub instead.
I found this on the club website so anybody that still thought they had ATV liability insurance thru the BCWF for hunting and fishing could have or could be looking at a fine if stopped.

"Operations Covered: Hunting & Fishing Club
It is hereby understood and agreed that the insurance provided by this policy is extended to include Excess Personal Liability of individual members while engaged in (i) hunting and fishing activities, (ii) shooting at competitions or for recreation at Gun Clubs, (iii) archery at a range, (iv) use or the ownership of a
watercraft up to 26 feet in length with motors of not more than 100 hp while engaged in (i)

luckofthedraw
03-10-2017, 08:29 PM
Any explanation as to why?

randymac
03-10-2017, 09:09 PM
They said this years bill was 20k

digger dogger
03-11-2017, 07:45 AM
I bought a membership every year to support the CF&G, when I went to renew after the old fella passed away. (Fred)
Maybe was his name.
The price went from $70 to $130, in one year.
I only used it once or twice a year, to site in for a hunt.
So I bailed, and have a nice spot to site in, off of a fsr.
To much inflation for me.

boxhitch
03-11-2017, 01:30 PM
death of a thousand cuts. If hunters/shooters don't support their own cause, who will?

tigrr
03-11-2017, 01:50 PM
I could see if they already had a viable alternative but to just axe one without a plan is unacceptable.

Mulehahn
03-11-2017, 03:26 PM
The issues between the CFGPA have been going on years. I could be totally out to lunch, but I thought that the Chilliwack Club quit a few years ago (Maybe 7) and only rejoined the BCWF about 3 years ago. If they didn't quit, there was serious heated discussion about it. I don't know the full going-ons as I am not a member of Chilliwack but to say this came out of the blue is not fair to either side.

All hunters/shooters/outdoors people should support it each other. But that does mean that they have totally united. If Chilliwack gave an honest look at their position and deemed they were better alone then I wish them the best of luck.

Camp Cook
03-22-2017, 04:17 PM
I received this email March 10/17 from the Chilliwack club.

I've been riding a snowmobile thinking I was covered under my club/BCWF membership so was a bit taken back when I saw that I did not have coverage.

Hello All,

I would like to take the opportunity to clarify the Club's situation regarding Off-Road Vehicle (ORV) insurance. First, there is the misconception that club affiliation with BCWF provided ORV insurance for members, which is not the case. A number of years ago the Club had purchased insurance through BCWF, at an additional annual cost, but this was dropped over three years ago when the Board of Directors at that time, found it more economical to purchase coverage through Hub International. Thus, the recent decision to discontinue club membership in BCWF had absolutely no impact on our insurance.

If you require ORV insurance, it can be purchased at discounted rates for club members from Hub International with information on this available at the following link. http://www.chilliwackfishandgame.com/atv-insurance/ (http://chilliwackfishandgame.us14.list-manage.com/track/click?u=96ad280727afd5db722e1a3bb&id=801b9bf1ca&e=c3b22d9302)

Nick Bolton
President

Whonnock Boy
03-22-2017, 04:23 PM
Time to get a direct membership I guess.... :)

I received this email March 10/17 from the Chilliwack club.

I've been riding a snowmobile thinking I was covered under my club/BCWF membership so was a bit taken back when I saw that I did not have coverage.

Hello All,

I would like to take the opportunity to clarify the Club's situation regarding Off-Road Vehicle (ORV) insurance. First, there is the misconception that club affiliation with BCWF provided ORV insurance for members, which is not the case. A number of years ago the Club had purchased insurance through BCWF, at an additional annual cost, but this was dropped over three years ago when the Board of Directors at that time, found it more economical to purchase coverage through Hub International. Thus, the recent decision to discontinue club membership in BCWF had absolutely no impact on our insurance.

If you require ORV insurance, it can be purchased at discounted rates for club members from Hub International with information on this available at the following link. http://www.chilliwackfishandgame.com/atv-insurance/ (http://chilliwackfishandgame.us14.list-manage.com/track/click?u=96ad280727afd5db722e1a3bb&id=801b9bf1ca&e=c3b22d9302)

Nick Bolton
President

crazy ducker
03-22-2017, 07:30 PM
Doesn't the bcwf orv insurance only is in effect if your hunting or fishing