PDA

View Full Version : 2017-2018 Limited Entry Hunting Regulations Synopsis is Out

2chodi
03-07-2017, 07:21 PM
http://www2.gov.bc.ca/gov/content/sports-culture/recreation/fishing-hunting/hunting/limited-entry-hunting

Submission deadline is May 26, 2017 — Don't wait until the last minute!

kilometers
03-07-2017, 07:30 PM
Muahhhaahah

Weatherby Fan
03-07-2017, 07:37 PM
Ive been trying for 2 days to apply but no info when I select a draw ??

Ohwildwon
03-07-2017, 07:41 PM
Waiting for the Elk call alert on my iphone!:lol:

fireguy
03-07-2017, 09:16 PM
I guess my odds last year were correct. Would have liked to get a different 163:1 odds draw but glad I got it last year. Perhaps I will get lucky again this year.

Rampager
03-07-2017, 10:22 PM
It looks like moose allocations available are wayyyyy down in a lot of places...

Pinewood
03-07-2017, 10:40 PM
Can't see anything when I login.

604Stalker
03-08-2017, 07:25 AM
Yep 1 draw here 2 draws there ... 20 if your part of goabc

BowRunner
03-08-2017, 07:56 AM
I noticed that Caribou in 5-12 were GOS in the main synopsis but now under LEH.

bigredchev
03-08-2017, 08:27 AM
Every Damn year and no luck with an island moose draw.

Tuffguy
03-08-2017, 09:21 AM
I noticed the Caribou 5-12 draw as well. Thoughts on why?

frankthedog
03-08-2017, 10:39 AM
Anyone else having issues with the online application? As in no info showing up...

BCHunterTV
03-08-2017, 11:01 AM
disappointed to see this also, especially after i paid a deposit for this season

I just got off the phone and was told the caribou numbers are low and will be LEH from here on out

I noticed the Caribou 5-12 draw as well. Thoughts on why?

huckleberry
03-08-2017, 12:59 PM
Opening dates for putting in applications won't be posted till mid April.

BowRunner
03-08-2017, 07:39 PM
disappointed to see this also, especially after i paid a deposit for this season

I just got off the phone and was told the caribou numbers are low and will be LEH from here on out

Any mention of the cause of mortality? This seems to be a pretty remote area to draw a lot of hunting pressure. The road network is sparse which would suggest low wolf pressure but there are certainly key access corridors.

Jelvis
03-08-2017, 07:41 PM
I heard up here in Kammy months ago that moose leh for this area is cut -- true or false? --
Jello anyone know off hand? :???:

geo guy
03-08-2017, 08:08 PM

Darn, I was considering as using this as a back up location this year if the other LEH's were unsuccessful. Being the southernmost herd it caught my interest.

Piperdown
03-09-2017, 02:43 PM
It looks like moose allocations available are wayyyyy down in a lot of places...

I'll say, 4 years ago we had 150 draws for moose, dropped to 114 for a couple of years then last year dropped to 25 total. Well this year it is 3 leh moose opportunities for the season :( Good thing the gate keepers there shot 7 cow moose in one day a couple of weeks ago and they wonder where all the moose are. To say i am a little pissed is an understatement! How does one find out if the outfitters in the area have had their quota reduced?? Anybody point me in the right direction?

Rampager
03-09-2017, 05:12 PM
I'll say, 4 years ago we had 150 draws for moose, dropped to 114 for a couple of years then last year dropped to 25 total. Well this year it is 3 leh moose opportunities for the season :( Good thing the gate keepers there shot 7 cow moose in one day a couple of weeks ago and they wonder where all the moose are. To say i am a little pissed is an understatement! How does one find out if the outfitters in the area have had their quota reduced?? Anybody point me in the right direction?

The area we had planned out went from 8 bulls in the time period every year for years previous down to 1 this year. And the anticipated odds are listed as staying the same?? Something is fishy with that...

northof49
03-09-2017, 07:55 PM
Odds shown are based on previous year allocations

Carrollizer
03-10-2017, 11:26 AM
Seems like there's something wrong with the online application. The select Draw drop down menu doesnt have anything regardless if I choose individual, group or join group.
Seems some others are having the same problem...
Guess thats what happens on a govt regulated website...

Billybird
03-10-2017, 11:51 AM
Having the same issues, dropdown menu's blank. Anyone got this figured out?

2chodi
03-10-2017, 01:19 PM
Look at the front cover of the synopsis - Opening date for fall applications will be posted online in mid April.

tinhorse
03-10-2017, 01:23 PM
Yep.....you can't apply till mid April. They just put it out early this year to get us hunters excited. Lol

HarryToolips
03-10-2017, 01:29 PM
I noticed the same thing...sad, wtf is going on??? As previously said, it must be FN harvest up or something...road deactivation off many spur FSR's, we need it people...

Carrollizer
03-10-2017, 02:12 PM
Look at the front cover of the synopsis - Opening date for fall applications will be posted online in mid April.
Damn they really know how to get the hunting fever going

Billybird
03-10-2017, 03:15 PM
Thanks. Not sure how I missed that, been driving me nuts.

Rotorwash
03-10-2017, 03:22 PM
What's with the region 6 fall griz section?

btridge
03-10-2017, 05:37 PM
Region 7, down over 2200 LEH hunts for resident hunters between Elk, Moose and Grizzly , 2017 compared to 2016.

xcaribooer
03-10-2017, 06:22 PM

Ive asked this Q in the past an nobody had an answer, apparently it is double top secret s**t that the gp is not allowed to know, someone correct me if im wrong please

on another note-I was under the impression that there would be a for sure draw results date for fall results in place for 2017. Unless im missing something I don't see that anywhere. Wasn't this the reason for last year being the "last year" for the guess the draw date contest?

dbergen69
03-15-2017, 07:11 PM
Ive asked this Q in the past an nobody had an answer, apparently it is double top secret s**t that the gp is not allowed to know, someone correct me if im wrong please

on another note-I was under the impression that there would be a for sure draw results date for fall results in place for 2017. Unless im missing something I don't see that anywhere. Wasn't this the reason for last year being the "last year" for the guess the draw date contest?

I have asked for and looked for it also. Apparently the public can't know what allocation a guide outfitter has or uses. This is complete b%ll$h&t. It is a public resource that should be openly available. Logging quotas and actual harvest are
available. Wildlife should be the same.

northernbc
03-15-2017, 07:29 PM
I get so friken mad,what a shat show

MRP
03-16-2017, 03:48 PM
Still no grizz in 7-30 or 31. Only if you pay a guide outfit. It's not because there's a shortage, got poop piles to prove it. Some of them mine. I like my blondes some what under 500lbs and with shorter nails than the ones that I've been running in to up there.

frankthedog
03-16-2017, 04:32 PM
Greenhorn question...So all applications are assigned a random number...random numbers are put in order, lowest to highest number...lowest number assigned first choice hunt, next number is assigned first choice hunt...so on, and so on...if the hunt you put as first choice has all been assigned, you get your second choice hunt...So if you are assigned a mid range number in the group, it is totally possible for both your first and second choices to be assigned already...leaving you shit out of luck...Is it a good strategy to put first choice hunt with the tougher odds, saving your second as a less desirable zone but with better chances of actually getting a tag?

Whonnock Boy
03-16-2017, 04:50 PM
All first choice applications are authorized first if there are tags still available. Second choices are not looked at until all first choices are complete. The odds of getting a second choice draw that has higher odds than 1:1 is pretty much zero. Essentially, second choice only applies for under utilized hunts, ie: .9:1 odds or less.
Greenhorn question...So all applications are assigned a random number...random numbers are put in order, lowest to highest number...lowest number assigned first choice hunt, next number is assigned first choice hunt...so on, and so on...if the hunt you put as first choice has all been assigned, you get your second choice hunt...So if you are assigned a mid range number in the group, it is totally possible for both your first and second choices to be assigned already...leaving you shit out of luck...Is it a good strategy to put first choice hunt with the tougher odds, saving your second as a less desirable zone but with better chances of actually getting a tag?

Moose Guide
03-17-2017, 08:51 AM
The outfitter I used to work for had his moose tags cut by 66%, he now has 1 tag a year for 5 years. (region 5)

604Stalker
03-17-2017, 06:24 PM

..not the only reason for it not happening this year but lets let sleeping dogs keep their fleas. That being said I'm sure that the time will be reasonable based on the spring draw for sheep/griz. Still not soon enough for any of us Im sure can't wait for the results this year.

Piperdown
03-18-2017, 07:08 AM
The outfitter I used to work for had his moose tags cut by 66%, he now has 1 tag a year for 5 years. (region 5)

Was that Stewart