PDA

View Full Version : August hunt in Dawson Creek---info please

Doe See Doe
07-14-2007, 09:13 AM
I would appreciate some info for an upcomming hunt.

I'm planning an August moose hunt up in the Dawson Creek area.
I recall reading something about it being still quite warm at that time of year, and that I will most likely have to bring my meat into a meat cutter.

Could someone please tell me of a very good and CLEAN one? ( I had one horrific experience with a cutter up their already, and refuse to have my meat destroyed/stolen again ) :evil:

Or, if there is anyone who lives in the area and has a place where I could hang it, cut it, and freeze it, I would pay you. I love the butchering part of hunting and dont want to miss out on the fun :-D

Since I will be hunting without my husband, I plan on trying for the smallest bull I see; Apparently there's a big old bull wandering around there also, but, um, no thanks.
I've tried 'big antler soup' before, and it's not very tasty, and hey, I'm a meat hunter.

Any thoughts you guys have on how I could cool, and keep cool, the meat would be appreciated. I do have one of those big industrial fans I could bring up with me, dont know if that would be of much help or not.

This is, of course, if I even get one..................:smile:
Thanks

Trapper
07-14-2007, 11:08 AM
Lots of guys take freezers and generators or there own portable coolers with them. at that time of year it does'nt take long for the local coolers to fill up,and the butcher shops charge 95 cents per lb. to cut and wrap that time of year.
good luck

oldtimer
07-14-2007, 11:33 AM
As Trapper says the freezer and generator are your best option. Plus whatever you do ----BRING LOTS AND LOTS OF BUG DOPE OR A REALLY GOOD BUG JACKET. Mike