PDA

View Full Version : Looking for info on Chetwyn Stewart lake area

Offroad
07-14-2007, 08:51 AM
No draws this year so according to the tried and dart at the map scouting method. It looks like I will try the Chetwyn area may be the Stewart lake area. Anyone hunted this area and willing to share some info on this area. Camping spots, terrian, vegitation, etc etc etc...... I will heading up around the last week of September not in August wondering about the differance. Muchly apperciated
thanks in advance.
Offroad

HighCountry
07-14-2007, 09:12 AM
I haven't hunt in stewart lake but I have hunt in moberly& moose lake
is good fr aug to oct.

scuba
07-14-2007, 09:56 AM
moose are definately around then and i have seen some well over 50 inches and some two points come out of there right up till the end of the season. hunting them is the same as anywhere else you would hunt moose. lots of cutblocks and seismic lines. put in the time and you should get your moose.

Offroad
07-14-2007, 12:11 PM
Is the country similar to the pink mountain area? Whats the fishing like? Know of any good spots to camp away the crowds? Thanks

tuchodi
07-14-2007, 01:10 PM
Offroad: Re Stewart Lake. I have hunted that area a lot and its not like Pink Mountain terrain at all. It does not have really any muskeg or real high hills but there has been a lot of logging in the last few years so the access is quite good. The moose population over the last 10 years has been quite good but the tics took their toll on some this year so who knows. It gets hunted alot now because of the ease to get in there and so there are a lot of localls that hunt it hard, but mostly on weekends. Camping is anyplace that looks good to you depending what you are staying in and the roads can get real bad quick if it rains, Peace River Gumbo sticks to everything and is slips beter than Grease so dont get caught in the back woods or you may have to wait for winter to freeze the mud. Good Luck.