PDA

View Full Version : Cougar meat anyone?

Sangstercraft
02-27-2017, 09:41 PM
I've cooked it a few different ways, read all the recipes on the forum and the 'net, and ... I just don't like the flavor. I don't want it to go to waste, so... anyone want it?

It's from November. Butchered and prep'd really well, no hair or fat left on it. I take good care of my meat.

I'm in Vancouver. Just PM me a day where you can come by in the evening with a cooler and I'll pm you my address.

albravo2
02-27-2017, 09:48 PM
Hmmm. Cat. Delicious. But 20 minutes later you're hungry again.

I kid. Good on you Sangster for not letting it go to waste, and for butchering it in the first place. Most of us would have removed the pelt and called it good..

Pemby_mess
02-27-2017, 10:11 PM
I'll take some - I won't be in Vancouver for an other week or so, but I can stop by while I'm there for sure. That's kind of you offering it up. Thanks

PressurePoint
02-27-2017, 10:19 PM
I ate my fair share of "cougar" before..... I liked it....

300rum700
02-27-2017, 10:19 PM
Make it into salami, you won't be able to tell what it is. I fed it to the guys at work and they all loved it even after I told them what it was.

shortrange
02-28-2017, 12:41 AM
I've cooked it a few different ways, read all the recipes on the forum and the 'net, and ... I just don't like the flavor. I don't want it to go to waste, so... anyone want it?

It's from November. Butchered and prep'd really well, no hair or fat left on it. I take good care of my meat.

I'm in Vancouver. Just PM me a day where you can come by in the evening with a cooler and I'll pm you my address.

Tempting. I'm allergic to cats. Will that be a problem?

Sangstercraft
02-28-2017, 09:23 AM
Thanks guys, there's been a lot of pm's sent to me about this pussy so I think it'll all be spoken for.

rocksteady
02-28-2017, 10:05 AM
Tempting. I'm allergic to cats. Will that be a problem?

You are probably allergic to the cat hair, not the meat...

Sambor
02-28-2017, 12:37 PM
I am just curious, do you guys get your cougars tested? 8)

Being more serious, i honestly would be afraid to eat cougar meat without prior testing it. I read that in some areas 70% of wolves have at least one or two types of parasites. I am not sure boiling or smoking kills all parasites. Am I a bit of paranoid?

Pemby_mess
02-28-2017, 12:50 PM
I am just curious, do you guys get your cougars tested? 8)

Being more serious, i honestly would be afraid to eat cougar meat without prior testing it. I read that in some areas 70% of wolves have at least one or two types of parasites. I am not sure boiling or smoking kills all parasites. Am I a bit of paranoid?

Somewhat paranoid.

Cooking long and well, nothing that is alive will be afterward. Plus, if you happen to get a parasite, it's likely not terminal and modern medicine takes care of it quite easily.