PDA

View Full Version : balloon poping...

daycort
07-13-2007, 12:17 PM
Anybody blow up them little balloons alittle smaller then your fist and tape them to your target? Man is this fun. All kinds of games you can play whether you shot by yourself or with afriend. My buddy bwhuntr started me on this when I first started archery 4 years ago. This sure tightens up the old groupings.

pupper
07-13-2007, 03:55 PM
it actually sounds fun.,

Im gonna try it.

loki
07-13-2007, 04:40 PM
Or the combination of my two favorites...

Balloon popping with the balloons attached to full (of water) milk jugs. Not only tightens your groups, but gives you a REALLY good idea of fluid (blood) loss when using broadheads.

wetcoastwillie
07-13-2007, 04:40 PM
my range bag always has a bag of balloons from the dollar store...

fist size at 300 yds is a fun one :-D

Bow Walker
07-13-2007, 09:01 PM
I like to play a game of darts (301) on the target butt. Huge fun. Makes practicing a lot of fun.

greybark
07-13-2007, 09:42 PM
:-D Another game to increase concentration is the game of CURLING . I started this game out to overcome some of the "winter indoor range Doldrums" . It quickly became an excellant teaching aid to beguiners as well as $.25 a game for the others .
You use three arrows and as curling the closest arrow counts . Two terrible shots can be followed up by the winner (hence the Concentration). It usually takes a while to complete a game (5 pts) and if you are lucky at the end of the evening the winner may have enough for a down payment on a beer .

Eagle1
07-13-2007, 09:54 PM
Another good one is archery golf, across the indoor range butt.

daycort
07-14-2007, 03:28 AM
one arrow though!! a second chance at a target equals =.....s repetive shooting. no single shot is the same.

daycort
07-14-2007, 03:30 AM
westcoastwillie,

try it with a bow not a 300 mag, if you hit a fist size at 300 lets get together and i wil take your green backs. Bsr...........

Bigbear
07-14-2007, 09:02 AM
Another Great Game is Archery Poker. Stick up a Deck of Cards and Try and shoot your best hand.:mrgreen:

Bow Walker
07-14-2007, 09:27 AM
Good idea Bigbear.....you can also play Black Jack or 21 in the same manner. Maybe even earn some lunch tokens:wink:

Kids need something to "do" something when they are practising. Just shooting arrows at a bullseye can get boring real fast for youngsters. One of the best things for them is balloons - water filled or just air. They give instant confirmation of a good shot. Kids just love that.

Another fun target for a group of people is a $5.00 bill pinned to the butt. Everyone backs off to something like 75 yards (70 metres for Eagle1) and the first one to hit the bill takes it.

Sharpens up your skills real fast. The bigger the group of shooters the less expensive it is to pony up to enter. Try it during the break at your next 3D shoot.

tailgate77
07-14-2007, 01:06 PM
I was gonna try shooting balloons and cards today. Forgot the cards and we took the wrong kind of balloons. The long skinny type just wouldn't be the same. Oh well had a good shoot anyways. Got my friends dad back into shooting again. Hadn't picked up his bow in about ten years. I think he is hooked again.

Bowzone_Mikey
07-14-2007, 08:13 PM
I was gonna try shooting balloons and cards today. Forgot the cards and we took the wrong kind of balloons. The long skinny type just wouldn't be the same. Oh well had a good shoot anyways. Got my friends dad back into shooting again. Hadn't picked up his bow in about ten years. I think he is hooked again.

I have actually done that same thing ... grab the long skinny balloons ....blow them up softly and twist and tie them off in lil segments ... looks like a stream of deer poop .... you shoot out one turd and usually the rest still stay ...because you tied them off and sealed them

interceptor
07-15-2007, 10:27 PM
Have you guys done V shoots and or rum shots?

We always have them at our invitational shoots, always lots of fun.

Cheers Noel