PDA

View Full Version : Bison package

jakerazer
07-13-2007, 06:03 AM
I just recieved a whole Bison LEH package with color maps, area info, places to stay ect ect from the goverment. Nice, I wish all LEH's had a package with maps and info. The only other one i have seen that is a little like this is the Spatsizi draws, but it's just info on transportation and outfitters.

Wildman
07-13-2007, 06:11 AM
Really! Forgive my ignorance as I have never put in for a Bison. Is that common to recieve colour maps etc. when winning a draw for Bison?

Mr. Dean
07-13-2007, 09:15 AM
I'm IMPRESSED!

Would it be possible to have a peek?

Steeleco
07-13-2007, 09:23 AM
A few years back, a member here received a package like you speak of, it even gave in his case the directions on how to obtain a trespass permit from a local Indian band, (for a fee of $150 IIRC) this in an effort to save many hours of driving around the territory.

While from the outside this all looks very good for the fortunate winners of such tag, my biggest question to the ministry is "If the object is to control the population of certain animal types, why do they insist on making us hunt in such lousy times of year? The same could be accomplished in an earlier hunt!"

Caveman
07-13-2007, 09:25 AM
I just recieved a whole Bison LEH package with color maps, area info, places to stay ect ect from the goverment. Nice, I wish all LEH's had a package with maps and info. The only other one i have seen that is a little like this is the Spatsizi draws, but it's just info on transportation and outfitters.

I just recieved mine as well. They didn't give the going prices to cross private property though!! :mrgreen:

bigwhiteys
07-13-2007, 09:27 AM
Here is a picture of a small herd that I ran into along the Liard.
http://www.bchuntingblog.com/mypics/buffalo.jpg

Happy Hunting!
Carl

jakerazer
07-13-2007, 10:04 AM
Nice picture bigwhiteys, thanks. I can already smell the Bison steaks sizzling mmmmmm.

Here is a picture of a small herd that I ran into along the Liard.
http://www.bchuntingblog.com/mypics/buffalo.jpg

Happy Hunting!
Carl

jakerazer
07-13-2007, 10:07 AM
If i can ever make one these get togethers I'll bring the package so you can take a look. Unfortunately I'm going fishing for Halibut n Salmon this weekend.

I'm IMPRESSED!

Wildman
07-13-2007, 10:52 AM
I'm IMPRESSED!

I wouldnt mind a peek too. Would you be able to attach a scanned version....black out any info that you do not want to share ie hunter number, etc.. I just want to see the maps, etc.. That would be really cool.

jakerazer
07-13-2007, 01:07 PM
Sorry wildman i just don't have a scanner

I wouldnt mind a peek too. Would you be able to attach a scanned version....black out any info that you do not want to share ie hunter number, etc.. I just want to see the maps, etc.. That would be really cool.

boxhitch
07-13-2007, 01:19 PM
why do they insist on making us hunt in such lousy times of year?

IMO its a great time to have the season. What else is open in Dec ??
Wolf/Bison = great combo

Fisher-Dude
07-13-2007, 01:32 PM
Got my goodie pack in the mail today too. Info on identifying sex, where to shoot, selecting an animal for the best opportunity of a humane shot and recovery, where to stay, etc.

It's great to see the Ministry putting out an informative package that helps to answer some of the questions that hunters may have the first time they hunt a different species. It makes for a quality hunt when the basics are covered for newbies - and let's face it, most of us drawn for a bison hunt are newbies to bison!

And we'll see if Boxhitch thinks it's a great time to hunt when he helps me skin out my bull in -30C. ;-)