PDA

View Full Version : light hunting clothes for warm weather

wapiti
07-12-2007, 11:33 PM
Anybody got some advice on where to look for some warm weather hunting clothes? Most of the stuff I have and see around is definitely for the cooler Fall weather...hoping to find some durable but light weight hunting shirts and pants but not sure where to get them...:confused:

Phil
07-13-2007, 12:00 AM
Sportsman's Warehouse is great.

kutenay
07-13-2007, 05:42 AM
Last year, I finally bought some Micro-Tex pants, shirts and Henley sweaters in Outfitter camo from Cabela's. Cheap, VERY well made and soft, extremely comfortable in warm Lillooet temps and on Texada in November.

I like hunting clothing that is very loose and this stuff can have a layer of merino wool under it for colder weather. I have not tried this,as I have and wear Filson's whipcord pants for cold conditons, but, layering works well.

I avoid ALL cotton, poly-cotton and other stuff that won't dry, wool and SOME sythetics work better, IMO.

Go to www.Cabelas.com (http://www.Cabelas.com), see "Micro-Tex".

pupper
07-13-2007, 07:28 AM
hub sports just got some stuff in from africa
its supposed to breath incredible and be really lightwieght
check it out

boxhitch
07-13-2007, 01:44 PM
Two thumbs-up for the Micro-tex. great stuff, though only available in Camo (OK, one thumb down).
Pants are (were) sized slightly small, so if ordering, try one size up.

dime
07-13-2007, 02:14 PM
Army surplus gear is great. Not expensive and surprisingly durable. It seems crazy to pay $180+ for a pair of browning pants when the military has been making good camo gear for decades in huge quantities. Having said that I have some waterproof silent goretex camo that I use in the fall. The army surplus is good for early season hunts but they are not so great in a torrential downpour. I bought a pair of waterproof camo pants from hub sports in Abby for about $70, they work great.
Last year Walmart had a sale on some camo gear for a great price, maybe they will do it again.

Barracuda
07-13-2007, 04:01 PM
Wally world in the US normally has some good lightweight stuff for good prices. which makes sence as there is more warm weather hunting there (more hunting in general)

wapiti
07-13-2007, 06:02 PM
Thanks, guys!
I have ordered a fair bit of stuff from Cabelas and might try the Micro-Tex stuff. Will also head into Hubb sports tomorrow and check out the african gear. Will check out the gear in Wal-Mart (was in there not long ago but did not see any hunting clothing) . I have looked at surplus stuff here in Chilliwack at the surplus store near the Vedder river, but he did not have much in stock in the way of light weight stuff...Many thanks for the great input, really appreciate it!:-D

Barracuda
07-13-2007, 07:36 PM
the wally world (Wal-mart) in Bellingham is normally good year round seems the canadian ones are only seasonal