PDA

View Full Version : Trail cams

mulieaddiction
02-18-2017, 11:11 PM
Hey guys so to help me find a big mulie or even 140 or bigger i have 2 trail cams i am wondering if anyone here can help me out during the spring and take me out and wr can find a new spot together and set up the cams and show me where they should go and all that thank you!!

HarryToolips
02-18-2017, 11:48 PM
The spots in the spring where they're feeding etc may be different than come hunting season, at least from my experience, but sometimes not..in the areas your scouting, find the best sign along funneling travel corridors usually is your best bet..

Bonz
02-19-2017, 08:06 AM
have you been working anywhere specific at all?

mulieaddiction
02-19-2017, 01:42 PM
I am in the same area trying to find the big boys but no luck

Bonz
02-19-2017, 03:24 PM
was going to say send gps or something and ill pick a spot to go try in where your already working. you have an advantage staying put since you`d somewhat know the area.
and no, i could care less about anyones spot asking for gps., i can map it and get pretty good idea. up to you though lol

mulieaddiction
02-19-2017, 03:56 PM
To be honest i dont know if theres good bucks there i hurd there was i dont see ppl where i walk in i dont mind taking u and the cams and if it turns out a good spot it can be are spot if ur intrested

Bonz
02-19-2017, 04:47 PM
i dont mind helping. can go into your area and figure out where you should be and set cams up. im not worried about having a spot

Ourea
02-19-2017, 05:30 PM
mulieaddiction..... learn how to identify habitat and focus on that.
If you want true and consistent success it never happens by following others.

All my success and encounters have come from one focus.
Habitat.
Learn how to identify habitat.
No habitat = no animals.
Prime habitat = animals

With that understanding .....the more isolated the better.

bownut
02-19-2017, 07:04 PM
mulieaddiction..... learn how to identify habitat and focus on that.
If you want true and consistent success it never happens by following others.

All my success and encounters have come from one focus.
Habitat.
Learn how to identify habitat.
No habitat = no animals.
Prime habitat = animals

With that understanding .....the more isolated the better.

Just curious do you use trail cameras?

dino
02-19-2017, 07:30 PM

I garrantee he does but he doesn't need to. Tcams are a good tool but like he said, learn the animals habitat.

Ourea
02-19-2017, 07:55 PM

Yes
20+ any given day
I seldom invest in hunting unless I know the inventory

For me.....
No target....no investment

Osprey
02-19-2017, 08:00 PM
Big Bucks really aren't that hard to find. Find Spots where a deer can get old. Tough to access areas, Thick Cover, Private Properties (Make sure you get permission). Most deer that get big aren't big by accident. They are experienced animals that learned to hide and survive. As Ourea mentioned, learn there habits, type of feed they prefer, take mental notes where you see every deer. Why was it there? Big Bucks like areas where they can sneak away easy, lots of escape routes, thicker cover.

I use plenty of Trail Cameras. Each year I have great success in locating big deer on camera. Through trial and error you figure out which areas hold more deer, better deer. You can't expect to just make a post and someone to hold your hand to shoot you a big buck. Sure it can happen for few, but wheres the fun in that. Getting out scouting and setting up cameras, exploring and learning an area is what is the most fun for me.

Pick your area and stick to it. Theres big bucks in every part of this province. Just a matter of figuring them out in yours....

mulieaddiction
02-19-2017, 08:14 PM
I habe been scouting and trying to learn for many years lots of ppl here know i been out there working hard just was wondering where are good spots in the bush to put them since i am new to trailcams

Ourea
02-19-2017, 08:54 PM
I habe been scouting and trying to learn for many years lots of ppl here know i been out there working hard just was wondering where are good spots in the bush to put them since i am new to trailcams

When you understand habitat
When you understand how animals utilize it yr round
Cam placement becomes easier

Caribou_lou
02-19-2017, 09:26 PM
Go shed hunting! Find some bone then put a trail cam out. See what's stomping around. I went shed hunting in Kamloops with a few friends. We found 30+ sheds. Fresh to ancient. But I was amazed at the amount of rubs I saw. Rubs where they are dropping I thought was odd. But tells you one thing. Bucks are there. Or pass through.

Have you seen any rubs where you hunt already?

mulieaddiction
02-20-2017, 12:51 PM
In nov i see rubs yes

02-20-2017, 03:40 PM
In nov i see rubs yes

Good active rubs or scrapes are huge helpers.
Bingo ! That's part of the equation ....... Bedding, feeding, preferred corridors or trails ??? Now, Boots on the ground ....... Keep looking around those rubs, there's more to find and figure out, but close by is your gold.

Good luck to you, I'm doing the same in new to me areas for WT . Fun isn't it ! The learning curve is interesting with each challenge. Patience being the last and biggest hurdle if holding out for a biggy ........ They all taste so yummy !

LOL

CT