PDA

View Full Version : Shulaps???

Big Bucks
07-12-2007, 08:46 PM
Has anyone ever hunted up near Big Dog Mountain in the shulaps range , and if so how did you do , didyou like the area ? Is it a tuff hike , and how is the gene pool there? Any info would be great?

Derek_Erickson
07-12-2007, 08:53 PM
thats up greenstone way isnt it? dairy lake area?

Big Bucks
07-12-2007, 09:10 PM
it's north of Lilloett up the yalacolm valley , across from nine mile ridge

Derek_Erickson
07-12-2007, 09:19 PM
completely mistaken

Baba Ganoosh
07-14-2007, 05:44 PM
It has been years.............took a decent 5x5. Look at the back side of buck and poison mtns. Big Dog wasn't too bad of a hike.

Big Bucks
07-14-2007, 07:03 PM
Ya been up around poison mountain too , i didn't like how guys were driving up to the alpine , i wonder if they still see good bucks there .

Baba Ganoosh
07-15-2007, 01:44 AM
thought there was no motorized vehicle above 1800 meters. Hogsback is turning out the same way. I'm sure a guy can still find a few big ones...maybe way in the back of noaxe creek??

Big Bucks
07-15-2007, 11:02 AM
Ya you use to see big bucks back there all the time , i guess when there is accsess it will go down.

rchoward101
07-16-2007, 09:45 AM
yahoo's don't read the hunting regs... some "hunters" don't even read the hunting regs. yahoo's tear ass around where ever they want and nobody stops them. the co's aren't going to do dick, especially out of season, as they have to burn a billion liters of gas to get there and are way the hell away from a problem bear call.

the guide outfitters cabin at the base of the hill probably doesn't really help the wildlife populations either.

Big Bucks
07-16-2007, 09:59 AM
Well does the outfitter even use that cabin anymore ? I don't think Bracewell uses that ... But i know what you mean people just drive where ever they want . Another one that bugged me is when i was up nine mile ridge and a couple of dikes on bikes were screaming and yelling riding up in the alpine ruining everything , and then when they saw us hunting they were all pissed off , when we got back to are truck they had taken a shit by my buddies door .