PDA

View Full Version : Spring Grizz 3-35 & 3-36 - Looking for Partner or Tips

russm86
02-18-2017, 12:34 PM
Was successful for a Spring Grizzly draw for the 3-35 and 3-36 zones as I couldn't find anyone willing to travel further north or to the coast for grizzly so decided to try my luck a little closer to home that way I could make day trips on my own if needed. I'm 30 in good shape and live in Kamloops. If anyone else has this draw and wants to partner up, or even if you don't but know the area or have experience hunting grizz and want to tag along that would be great. Also, if you have had this draw in the past (or just know the area well) then any tips would be appreciated. Never hunted this area or grizzly before but have hunted black bears for a number of years around the Kamloops region.

Seymourarm
02-18-2017, 02:19 PM
Was successful for a Spring Grizzly draw for the 3-35 and 3-36 zones as I couldn't find anyone willing to travel further north or to the coast for grizzly so decided to try my luck a little closer to home that way I could make day trips on my own if needed. I'm 30 in good shape and live in Kamloops. If anyone else has this draw and wants to partner up, or even if you don't but know the area or have experience hunting grizz and want to tag along that would be great. Also, if you have had this draw in the past (or just know the area well) then any tips would be appreciated. Never hunted this area or grizzly before but have hunted black bears for a number of years around the Kamloops region.
My parents live at Seymour Arm, had over ten feet snow at lake level. We're you considering that route in?

HarryToolips
02-18-2017, 02:25 PM
A little time there, and as Seymour said, lots of snow, and steep....I have the same draw, I have a couple friends/partners that I've committed to going with, but if they can't make it out on one of the times that I might go, I'll PM ya...

Seymourarm
02-18-2017, 02:30 PM
TThe upper seymour river and Ratchford, creek has some griz. Pm me I know the area

russm86
02-19-2017, 10:35 AM
That's my main concern really is access as I don't have a sled, just quad or truck (do have chains) or on foot. That would be appreciated Harry. Seymourarm, I will shoot you a PM in the coming week.

russm86
02-26-2017, 11:00 AM
Bump, anyone else with this draw?

hardnocks
02-26-2017, 11:09 AM
celista mountain or the upper seymour , petapiece. big area with not much road maintenance . i have no idea where or if they have even been logging in there .

russm86
03-03-2017, 01:25 PM
celista mountain or the upper seymour , petapiece. big area with not much road maintenance . i have no idea where or if they have even been logging in there .

I've heard access can be sketchy with poorly maintained roads built on silt... Might have to stick to quad? The snow started to melt yet? lol

Anyone else with a quad gonna be hunting this area for grizz or blackies?

Seymourarm
03-03-2017, 03:11 PM
Do you have any topo for 3-36 russm

russm86
03-03-2017, 04:13 PM
Do you have any topo for 3-36 russm

Not paper copies. I have some digital topos in my computer and on my gps. Haven't had a chance to look at google earth yet either...

russm86
03-24-2017, 12:27 PM
Are things melting in this area yet? Any roads accessible?

Cbuck
03-24-2017, 12:52 PM
was up that way last weekend....still lots a snow starting not that high above lake.

russm86
03-24-2017, 02:45 PM
was up that way last weekend....still lots a snow starting not that high above lake.

Kind of what I figure... Snow hasn't even melted fully in Kamloops yet...

HarryToolips
03-24-2017, 03:07 PM
Maybe I'll cya up there russm, it's gonna be muddy....

walks with deer
03-24-2017, 05:03 PM
Send me a pm I live outside kamloops and can get good intell on your zone..
I am 32 and carry my 458 for bears..

Let's meet up in town and go from there.

russm86
03-24-2017, 08:12 PM
Maybe I'll cya up there russm, it's gonna be muddy....

You got a grizzly draw up that way or black bear hunting? You live in the area?

HarryToolips
03-24-2017, 09:21 PM
You got a grizzly draw up that way or black bear hunting? You live in the area?
I only hunted the area once, last year...I got the draw, but will be also hunting blackies....steep, but beautiful country, real bear country, looks to be some decent slides too...