PDA

View Full Version : Alterd ego Motorsport

south island hunter
02-07-2017, 01:19 PM
Has any body had any dealings with these guys, I've ordered several lift kits and bumpers and they always take way longer than they say and they never answer the phone. Just wondering if anyone else has had issues with these guys. It's pretty frustrating when you spend hundreds of dollars and you have to pay upfront, then they won't answer the phone so you can get an update in your stuff. When they are behind they always give me the standard response, "oh it's off at powdercoat.

Grinder
02-07-2017, 01:26 PM
I have dealt with them also and had the same exact issues. They tell you two week turn around and it takes 6 weeks. What a joke. Trouble is they make wicked stuff so they got you by the balls and they know it! It sucks.

Timber Wolf
02-07-2017, 01:33 PM
Me too ordered several items was told 2 to 3 weeks and it took 6. Every time I called when they did answer they told me that there was several items ahead of me still. Wish they were just straight forward with you and gave you a realistic timeline.

pnbrock
02-07-2017, 01:48 PM
Same as above however when you finally get your order its top notch stuff

LYKTOHUNT
02-07-2017, 01:57 PM
Same results here

TPG
02-07-2017, 04:47 PM
I find them very hard to get a hold of but their quality is great. My experience has been that it's worth the wait, just annoying.

squamishhunter
02-07-2017, 06:54 PM
Classic. They need a minimum order with their suppliers so your shit waits until they meet the demand.

dellis
02-07-2017, 07:57 PM
If you are ordering parts for Suzuki sidekick or samurai, I have had great luck with Low Range Offroad out of the US. I tried Altered Ego first, as I like to keep my money in BC, but they were not real helpful.
Darcy

Squamch
02-07-2017, 10:14 PM
Low range is a great outfit. BCC can hook you up too.

bownut
02-07-2017, 10:27 PM
What about Trail Gear Vancouver?

Squamch
02-08-2017, 08:18 AM
Trail mart (north shore offroad) sells decent products at decent prices. I can have parts on the island through west shore spring within 2 days of ordering. Don't think you're getting the best from TG though. There are far superior products, made in North America available.
That said, my last rig had a lot of TG parts.

And if you're on the south island, just go talk to Cory or Kevin at West shore. They're local, and involved in the offroad community. They'll take care of you.

albravo2
02-08-2017, 09:44 AM
It must be an industry that attracts people that are good at off-roading, or turning wrenches, but not dealing with customers.

I've been looking for a 4" lift or a 2" levelling kit for my one-ton and am having difficulty finding a sales guy that will actually discuss the different options. I want to improve the ride, not just stuff 35s under it.

After five minutes of trying to pull teeth from the guy on the phone at North Shore Off-road, I finally hung up and went to the diesel forums. I don't mind paying a local shop a little extra, but I expect there to be a service component that is superior to internet research.

A few years ago I had a very similar experience with BD Diesel when I was trying to pick a tuner for a different truck.

I guess it just isn't an industry with excellent customer service.

LYKTOHUNT
02-08-2017, 07:24 PM
If you are ordering parts for Suzuki sidekick or samurai, I have had great luck with Low Range Offroad out of the US. I tried Altered Ego first, as I like to keep my money in BC, but they were not real helpful.
Darcy
Yup ordered my lift from them when the dollar was around par in my case it was a better kit as it came with longer struts( not requiring strut spacers),springs,shocks,pan hard bracket,camber bolts etc

Grinder
02-09-2017, 04:46 AM
agreed, customer service would be nice!

squamishhunter
02-09-2017, 07:33 AM
It must be an industry that attracts people that are good at off-roading, or turning wrenches, but not dealing with customers.

I've been looking for a 4" lift or a 2" levelling kit for my one-ton and am having difficulty finding a sales guy that will actually discuss the different options. I want to improve the ride, not just stuff 35s under it.

After five minutes of trying to pull teeth from the guy on the phone at North Shore Off-road, I finally hung up and went to the diesel forums. I don't mind paying a local shop a little extra, but I expect there to be a service component that is superior to internet research.

A few years ago I had a very similar experience with BD Diesel when I was trying to pick a tuner for a different truck.

I guess it just isn't an industry with excellent customer service.

What brand of truck?

Grinder
02-09-2017, 10:33 AM
Sidekicks for life!

Rob Chipman
02-09-2017, 11:37 AM
I got a great product from them. The sizzle on the sale was better than the actual delivery. Delivery was late (which caused a problem) and communication fell off as soon as the deal was struck. The product is excellent. It'll be a while before I use them again, though.

buckshot
02-09-2017, 05:04 PM
I got a great product from them. The sizzle on the sale was better than the actual delivery. Delivery was late (which caused a problem) and communication fell off as soon as the deal was struck. The product is excellent. It'll be a while before I use them again, though.

Same here, I ordered a winch bumper, good experience placing the order. The lady hollered at the husband to come talk to me on the phone to go over a few installation pointers as I had questions. I appreciated that. After that, the black hole! I couldn't get a tracking number for the shipping. I thought I had been had. Eventually, couple three weeks late, bumper shows up on my front porch! The stress took ten years off my life I'm sure.
Every one compliments on the bumper though. Skookum bumper that's for sure!

LYKTOHUNT
02-09-2017, 05:31 PM
What a shame, they have good stuff but its pretty clear from the responses here they lack in communication, customer service, I have bought a couple of things from them and my complaint is they are just hard to reach.
My buddy bought a lift for his 2002 tracker and yes once again pretty happy with it but communication not so good

albravo2
02-09-2017, 05:35 PM
What brand of truck?

2014 Ford F350, crew cab, long bed, SRW.

Looking to improve the ride, level the front end, slightly larger tires (35s) but don't want to sacrifice payload. The guy at NSOR shrugged, and said if I really want to improve the ride I can spend $10k (before tires/rims) on the BDS 4 link 4" lift.

Don't think I want to get that crazy.

Sorry for the hijack, OP.

Glenny
02-09-2017, 05:48 PM
FYI. No one answers their phone anymore.

squamishhunter
02-09-2017, 05:57 PM
2014 Ford F350, crew cab, long bed, SRW.

Looking to improve the ride, level the front end, slightly larger tires (35s) but don't want to sacrifice payload. The guy at NSOR shrugged, and said if I really want to improve the ride I can spend $10k (before tires/rims) on the BDS 4 link 4" lift.

Don't think I want to get that crazy.

Sorry for the hijack, OP.

I've got the same truck, and wanted the same thing. Talked to my mechanic and he recommended I upgrade the front coils & schocks. I went up two sizes in coil (not 2 times overall) which is a larger diameter and heavier weight capability. Raised me about 3" in the front and I did an extra leaf in the rear for another 1.5".

Total was about $500 with labor if I remember correctly, and you loose no overall performance.

albravo2
02-09-2017, 06:25 PM
I've got the same truck, and wanted the same thing. Talked to my mechanic and he recommended I upgrade the front coils & schocks. I went up two sizes in coil (not 2 times overall) which is a larger diameter and heavier weight capability. Raised me about 3" in the front and I did an extra leaf in the rear for another 1.5".

Total was about $500 with labor if I remember correctly, and you loose no overall performance.

Exactly the kind of info I was seeking. Thanks.

/a