PDA

View Full Version : Nosler mdl 48 custom

donny.brooke
02-06-2017, 12:20 PM
Anybody have any feedback on the mdl 48 custom. This one has the pacnor barrel and kevlar stock. Its in 300wsm. Looking at a possible trade on this unit.

Carbonmatrix
02-06-2017, 07:54 PM
I have one in 300 WSM, its a a very nice rifle, well balanced, nice action and crisp trigger. Shoots really well. Not sure if its worth the ticket price since you can get into a custom for around the price they sell them for, but it is still a decent weapon. Mine is with the gunsmith to get a bit of work done to it.

Pacemaker
02-06-2017, 08:20 PM
I also have a Nosler M48 Custom Sporter in 270 WSM that I bought new in 2007, which was very rare in Canada at that time. It is an outstanding rifle (for me at least) that shoots extremely well, very accurate, and has very manageable recoil. When I first brought it home, my wife immediately claimed it as hers. She has shot several moose with it, and does not even notice the recoil. Very nice rifle, well worth what I paid for it then, and very easy to shoot comfortably. FWIW. My .02C
I would certainly buy another one if one comes available.

TARCHER
02-06-2017, 08:25 PM
Anybody have any feedback on the mdl 48 custom. This one has the pacnor barrel and kevlar stock. Its in 300wsm. Looking at a possible trade on this unit. Hey Don. I have the exact rifle. I like it. The micro slick coating obviously works as my patriot didn't have it and the action was not as slick. The stock is thought to be made by Melvin forbes of NULA. new ultra light arms. the bottom metal is much higher quality than the patriot but I paid a bunch more money for the 48 custom. I ordered mine early from shot show and think it was, I think, close to 2500 ****ing dollars. I may be wrong, might have been with scope, **** I would have to look for paper work. I do like it. hell mitch Kendell just painted the stock for me.

Carbonmatrix
02-06-2017, 09:40 PM
Mitch is doing mine also :grin:

TARCHER
02-06-2017, 09:42 PM
Mitch is doing mine also :grin: happy with mine

Buck
02-07-2017, 12:17 AM
like to see some pics of those