PDA

View Full Version : Wildlife Harvest Data

bownut
02-05-2017, 02:35 PM
Just wondering if there is any links to past provincial harvest data, sure would great if a person could look at the trends and direction that our management plans are heading.
The past thread on the Wildlife Survey has me interested on the policy and and procedures trends that most hunters are effected by.
Any link to this data would be a great viewing resource. Getting real tired of reading all those free reports and studies for the U.S. With all the stories about the way those biologists
handled that whole Wolf Introduction I am sure many people are on the fence with their studies on Ungulates.
Really enjoying the feed back with the last thread on Wildlife Survey, wishing more hunters would reply with constructive opinions.

Gun Dog
02-07-2017, 11:11 PM
I emailed Fish & Wildlife and received a huge Excel spreadsheet of harvest data back to the dawn of time (when computers became personal). They're usually a year behind since it takes time to send out surveys and compile the results.

Kopper
02-07-2017, 11:35 PM
http://nprg.ca/wp-content/uploads/2014/02/BIG-GAME-HARVEST-STATISTICS-1976-2012-v1.xlsx
I saved a copy to my comp awhile back. This link isn't where I got it but it should be the same data. Google is your friend!

Edit: On my phone that link cuts out at 1979, maybe a glitch. I'll fire up the comp tomorrow and see if I can find the link with my copy.

Edit Edit: http://residentpriority.ca/2015/05/1976-2013-big-game-harvest-stats/
Follow that link and download a copy to your confuzer. Cheers.

bownut
02-08-2017, 06:31 PM
Thank guys looking forward to the reads, just try to edgemecate myself. Cheers

elch jager
03-10-2017, 03:09 PM
Has anyone located data more current than 2013?

bownut
03-10-2017, 07:33 PM
Has anyone located data more current than 2013?

I still haven't been able to find anything past 2013, I would bet that the results won't be good. I followed the data in my region and it looks like the amount of hunters and time spent
didn't add up very well. Let me know if you come up with something.