PDA

View Full Version : conservation organization

LBM
02-04-2017, 03:42 PM
Wondering if there is a conservation organization out there that is truly concerned about wildlife.
Due to some unfortunate happenings in the last couple months, the will has to be redone so looking
for some where for funds to go.
Thanks

Whonnock Boy
02-04-2017, 03:52 PM
Interesting. I too am just dealing with the will and have thought about if the truly unfortunate happens and my entire immediate family perishes. The BCWF comes to mind, but would be interested to find out about others. The British Columbia Conservation Foundation may be one....

wingmaster
02-04-2017, 03:55 PM
HCTF is good,

if if you want something a little more personal do some research as to some of the projects universities are doing as that is where some of the most important groundwork is taking place. Find a department with a lab that is doing research in an area you are passionate about and consider sending the support there. A lot of worthwhile projects go incomplete or are rejected due to lack of resources to make them possible.

LBM
02-12-2017, 05:36 PM
Thanks for the few tips, the universitie projects sound interesting, but they may not be doing those studys when the money comes available.
Doesn't look like a lot of conservation organizations. For me BCWF will not be on the list.
My wife is leaning towards SPCA or GALS. If I don't find any wildlife related places my change plans
and go Childrens hospital or make a wish foundation if it was used strictly for out door stuff.

Bear Chaser
02-12-2017, 05:39 PM
I would donate to the Children's Hospital before I ever considered giving to the SPCA.

LBM
02-12-2017, 05:43 PM
I would donate to the Children's Hospital before I ever considered giving to the SPCA.

Yes a friend of mines daughter spent most of her 9 years in and out of there.

Stone Sheep Steve
02-12-2017, 08:25 PM
Read the BC SPCA statement on hunting. You may want to cross that off your list.

http://www.spca.bc.ca/assets/documents/welfare/position-statements/hunting.pdf

snipersights
02-13-2017, 07:42 AM
How bout the wild arc. They're native to Victoria I think but help usually animals hit by cars or injured in other ways. They always have eagles and hawks and stuff pretty neat. They have open houses where kids can go see a bald eagle at ten feet. That's something I will never forget from my childhood. SS

Bonz
02-13-2017, 08:04 AM
somehow, some way id be setting up my own charity or way to use the funds more direct. most out there for any subject hide under non proifit status and realy dont do much for the ones in need, or who they say they help. most goes to wages and operating costs

some way to fund a feeding/meals for the hungry with wild game. looks good on hunters that pay for that.
maybe some sorta help getting vets or dissabled people or kids out hunting. see alot of that in usa,.

boxhitch
02-13-2017, 08:50 AM
He said wildlife conservation

LBM lots of options out there, but some are indeed just paper dragons, with little or nothing hitting the ground. All noise and image and postering
You can research the crap out of all the financials or just pick one that makes you feel good and hope for the best. Maybe a special species of interest.
These days there is a 'Save The _____' for just about everything that walks swims flies or grows, and donors take a leap of faith that their money is going to the cause in the best way.

boxhitch
02-13-2017, 08:57 AM
Read the BC SPCA statement on hunting. You may want to cross that off your list. spca also is one with a very high percentage spent on administration which includes salaries

LBM
02-13-2017, 08:18 PM
He said wildlife conservation

LBM lots of options out there, but some are indeed just paper dragons, with little or nothing hitting the ground. All noise and image and postering
You can research the crap out of all the financials or just pick one that makes you feel good and hope for the best. Maybe a special species of interest.
These days there is a 'Save The _____' for just about everything that walks swims flies or grows, and donors take a leap of faith that their money is going to the cause in the best way.

Ya can be a crap shoot on who to pick and were the money actually goes. Have another to look into was reading the winter issue of WSF and see they donated/granted money to studys being done on stone sheep here in B.C. so will send them a note to see if money donated to them can said to be for B.C.. Then thought maybe leave the money to a person or 2 and have it stipulated that it must be used to purchase one of the permits at the WSF banquets. This way someone will be able to go on a hunt they may not have been able to do plus the money will be put to good use. (maybe)

bacon_overlord
02-13-2017, 10:23 PM
I'd go with earlier suggestion to children's hospital, or another support organization for families with sick kids. Better for them to have a chance to live and enjoy the outdoors. JMO.

I also had a friend who's daughter was in and out of children's for almost all of her too short 6 years. Cancer is a heartless mother**cker.

Darksith
02-14-2017, 05:31 PM
Thanks for the few tips, the universitie projects sound interesting, but they may not be doing those studys when the money comes available.
Doesn't look like a lot of conservation organizations. For me BCWF will not be on the list.
My wife is leaning towards SPCA or GALS. If I don't find any wildlife related places my change plans
and go Childrens hospital or make a wish foundation if it was used strictly for out door stuff.
make a wish is one of the most irresponsible charities out there in regards to money actually getting to the individual or spent on the individual. Childrens hospital is awesome

Wild Images
02-14-2017, 05:46 PM
If you want the money to go to a conservation organization that puts the dollars back on the ground I would suggest that you
look into The Wild Sheep Society of BC

Ltbullken
02-14-2017, 07:27 PM
BC Wild Sheep Society

LBM
03-15-2017, 12:45 PM
Well after reading a few of the threads started over the last couple weeks, decide to go with leaving it to a couple people route and if goes as asked it may make its way back to a conservation organization some how, but that will be there choice.