PDA

View Full Version : Tatogga lake charter

sako04
02-02-2017, 06:20 PM
Has anyone flown with alpine lakes air out of tatogga lake? Just looking for reviews, seem to hear allot of different things about bc Yukon air

604redneck
02-02-2017, 06:44 PM
If you wanna know about alpine I'll talk on the phone or through pm but they are solid and I doubt many people on here have flown more times with them than I have.

ru rancher
02-02-2017, 07:33 PM
I flew with them on one trip a few years back first pilot was excellent very friendly the pilot on the way out was just okay was a pretty quiet flight back. over all I have good experience with the company.

bonecolecter
02-02-2017, 08:56 PM
I'm flying with them this year,flew with Ers out of muncho lake before,was not happy with him,changes the most,and after he dropped us off we got up the trail a mile or to and in he came again dropped off more sheep hunters,then next day in he came again dropped off another party of shippers.and i asked him if he was bringing in anyone one els,he said no? never fly with him again, there just cabs,if thay won't go were u need to go?call a different cab

CHEAM
02-03-2017, 06:51 AM
I have flown with them the last three years and have been very happy with the service.

SR80
02-03-2017, 08:04 AM
I'm flying with them this year,flew with Ers out of muncho lake before,was not happy with him,changes the most,and after he dropped us off we got up the trail a mile or to and in he came again dropped off more sheep hunters,then next day in he came again dropped off another party of shippers.and i asked him if he was bringing in anyone one els,he said no? never fly with him again, there just cabs,if thay won't go were u need to go?call a different cabI understand your point, but if you wanted to fly into a specific lake, and the pilot told you , "no i cant take you there because I took someone in there yesterday" wouldnt you be pissed off?

Ive flown with alpine lakes air a couple times, and they were great.

yama49
02-03-2017, 12:23 PM
I understand your point, but if you wanted to fly into a specific lake, and the pilot told you , "no i cant take you there because I took someone in there yesterday" wouldnt you be pissed off?

I agree, just cause you want the lake to yourself, doesn't mean that will happen.. But no need for Urs to bullshit a guy though.

Only flown with bc yukon before sale, and Northern Rockies Air Charter Ltd. happy with both services

sako04
02-03-2017, 05:08 PM
Booked to fly out of tatogga lake July31st. I flew with Urs last year, I wasn't disappointed. Alpine lakes offered a better price on a further flight with more weight though. Also I can look for some steelhead on the way up the west.

SaintSix
02-03-2017, 09:21 PM
Used them last year and had no problems. in my mind it went as planned and they did the best they could do for us weather wise. It was my first charter so nothing to compare them too.

bpeters
02-06-2017, 02:10 PM
flew with them this last season and cannot say enough great things about them they are super friendly and great pilots

bonecolecter
02-06-2017, 03:41 PM
I understand your point, but if you wanted to fly into a specific lake, and the pilot told you , "no i cant take you there because I took someone in there yesterday" wouldnt you be pissed off?

if Ers had told me he was dropping to separate parts off behind me, i would have bin grateful and picked a different spot

bonecolecter
02-06-2017, 03:49 PM
also I got to his lodge a day early on my first sheep hunt,to excited,lol he rushed me to his plane so fast...i barely had time to grab a gun?seemed strange,as we flew in close to the lake i picked,SMOKE....lots of smoke,could hardly see hills or lake,i said WTF....over?can't hunt here,he said pick some place close by,i only got so much fuel?i had a back up plan so when there,manage to land through smoke doped me off???????i didn't no.so i had time now?i climbed up to sub alpine barely able to see?let alone glass.figerd...mabye be better in am,pass out, NO....got worse. if he had of told me there was a forest fire i would have tried a later date,he's got a bad name with me, and i here quite a few others

bonecolecter
02-06-2017, 03:58 PM
I agree, just cause you want the lake to yourself, doesn't mean that will happen.. But no need for Urs to bullshit a guy though.

Only flown with bc yukon before sale, and Northern Rockies Air Charter Ltd. happy with both services
not sure if u bin sheep hunting before but i make plans a long time before the boots hit ground,i spend a lot of $$,it really sucks when guys bs about these kinds of things,once again if told he was flying to more hunting party in to same place.....id have tried a different lake,i don won't the lake to myself.....just the hills around the lake and only for a couple weeks?lol i no i no, but we try not to step on others trips,GO;s and resident hunters,i don't won't to see anyone?im shure evyone feels the same?if i wonted a public camp site?or a get in line for a turn to shoot?id go moosin,or duck hunting lol

boxhitch
02-06-2017, 07:31 PM
but i make plans a long time before the boots hit ground,i spend a lot of $$,it really sucks when guys bs about these kinds of things,once again if told he was flying to more hunting party in to same place.....id have tried a different lake,i don won't the lake to myself.....just the hills around the lake and only for a couple weeks?lol Sounds like you missed a step in planning and are blaming someone else for the trouble.
Maybe offer Urs more money to get an exclusive )

yama49
02-06-2017, 07:32 PM
not sure if u bin sheep hunting before but i make plans a long time before the boots hit ground,i spend a lot of $$,it really sucks when guys bs about these kinds of things,once again if told he was flying to more hunting party in to same place.....id have tried a different lake,i don won't the lake to myself.....just the hills around the lake and only for a couple weeks?lol i no i no, but we try not to step on others trips,GO;s and resident hunters,i don't won't to see anyone?im shure evyone feels the same?if i wonted a public camp site?or a get in line for a turn to shoot?id go moosin,or duck hunting lol

Nope never been, sounds like you know everything, enjoy

bonecolecter
02-06-2017, 09:15 PM
i thought this was a site to discuss hunting?i thought i was having fun?sorry guys, didn't mean to sound like i new f a ,just sharing opinions and experiences obviously i did sumpin roung?

bonecolecter
02-06-2017, 09:19 PM
Sounds like you missed a step in planning and are blaming someone else for the trouble.
Maybe offer Urs more money to get an exclusive )
you may be right?but i was just sharing my experience there,i was worned he was more $$,and told to drive a bit more, and id get treated fare, i did not do that?so i guess it is my fault

Blainer
02-06-2017, 09:35 PM
I inquired previous to flight as to how many hunters were in previous, how many were booked to come in during my stay and found Alpine up front and recommended we explore other options as some areas might be over populated.
i very much respected there honesty and all sheep hunters I know would inquire about the same.

bonecolecter
02-06-2017, 09:55 PM
nice to here, thanks

cas-has-cars
02-06-2017, 10:02 PM
Two times with Alpine air out of Tatogga, Good Plane Great Pilot brought us site seeing on the way to the lake.
Worth the time and Money.
Hope to do it again someday soon!

digger dogger
02-06-2017, 10:07 PM
Nope never been, sounds like you know everything, enjoy

Seems that way, to me also.
Except grammar/spelling, ---sometimes. ;-)

bonecolecter
02-07-2017, 06:13 AM
wish i was perfect to...?lol u guys probably play on computers all dy in a office.lmao!im a logger,since about 16 years old,spelling don't mean shit to me as long as my cheeks are good,lol but i bet i have more fun than the grammar natzies,

SR80
02-07-2017, 07:11 AM
also I got to his lodge a day early on my first sheep hunt,to excited,lol he rushed me to his plane so fast...i barely had time to grab a gun?seemed strange,as we flew in close to the lake i picked,SMOKE....lots of smoke,could hardly see hills or lake,i said WTF....over?can't hunt here,he said pick some place close by,i only got so much fuel?i had a back up plan so when there,manage to land through smoke doped me off???????i didn't no.so i had time now?i climbed up to sub alpine barely able to see?let alone glass.figerd...mabye be better in am,pass out, NO....got worse. if he had of told me there was a forest fire i would have tried a later date,he's got a bad name with me, and i here quite a few others

Yah, i guess its his fault the mountains had smoke in them. Maybe he started the forest fire too?

digger dogger
02-07-2017, 08:07 AM
wish i was perfect to...?lol u guys probably play on computers all dy in a office.lmao!im a logger,since about 16 years old,spelling don't mean shit to me as long as my cheeks are good,lol but i bet i have more fun than the grammar natzies,

A logger, I thot u were a troll!!!
You must work in a sort, cause if not your late
I suppose it's the teachers fault, ur grammar/spelling is horrid.
Always someone else's fault type person. (I no, I no)
You are fitting in just fantastically, around here.
Lol My grammar, and spelling can be trying at times, as well.
Been operating excavators for 25+ years, so no office for me.

Bonz
02-07-2017, 08:22 AM
logger since 16, but may only be 20 now. lol, sorry had to...lol

kotabaru
02-07-2017, 09:13 AM
Flew with Alpine last Fall. Great experience. Bush flights are always dependant on weather, but the pilots did a great job getting us in and out on the dates we had booked. Flying with them again this year. They're solid.

bonecolecter
02-07-2017, 02:10 PM
you guys are a riot, computer balls hanging on the floor? lol 49 year old male.not that makes any diff,once again,isn't this what thay call a chat line...?always a few guys gota rag on peeps..?

bonecolecter
02-07-2017, 02:13 PM
not what i said...?he could have told me before we left?isent that what anyone els would won't? LEG HUMPER....lol

Gateholio
02-07-2017, 07:26 PM
not what i said...?he could have told me before we left?isent that what anyone els would won't? LEG HUMPER....lol

You have a week off to smarten up and learn to be less rude. If you can't do that, HBC won't be able to enjoy your scintillating conversation anymore.

Astepanuk
04-07-2018, 11:06 AM
Hey guys were looking to book a flight out of Tatogga just trying to figure out the options from what i can tell there are two charters from this area. AlpineAir and Tsayta Air looking to go roughly 100km away with 3 guys and gear would prefer not to do 2 trips in but will have to if the plane capacity can't handle it. Talked to Alpine before and waiting for a response from them but haven't got hold of Tsayta air yet.

hickman
04-09-2018, 02:38 PM
I have flown out of Telegraph Creek with Tsayta in 2014. At they time they had a Beaver that was able to carry 3 people plus gear easily. Depending on where in the area you go the flight might be shorter or longer form Telegraph. I have flown out of Tattogga in the early 2000's when Harbour Air was operation a beaver. Not sure what Alpine runs out of Tattogga now but, I think, they do not have a Beaver anymore. I have flown into Artic and Little Ball lake and flown out of Buckley. Buckley to Telegraph is very close....

Astepanuk
04-11-2018, 06:24 AM
Got prices back from Alpine Air, Planning on two trips total weight capacity will be 1500 pounds for what I believe to be a fair price looking forward to this trip now just need to confirm the lake were flying into.

Norwestalta
04-11-2018, 06:55 AM
Something you could look at is staging yourself at a lake you can drive to that is reasonably close to your destination.

porthunter
04-11-2018, 08:03 AM
I have flown out of Telegraph Creek with Tsayta in 2014. At they time they had a Beaver that was able to carry 3 people plus gear easily. Depending on where in the area you go the flight might be shorter or longer form Telegraph. I have flown out of Tattogga in the early 2000's when Harbour Air was operation a beaver. Not sure what Alpine runs out of Tattogga now but, I think, they do not have a Beaver anymore. I have flown into Artic and Little Ball lake and flown out of Buckley. Buckley to Telegraph is very close....

Spoke with Tsayta about a month back and they have now sold there beaver. They can only land in locations with air strips now.

On another note, have flown with Alpine twice and both were great experiences.

Astepanuk
04-11-2018, 08:14 AM
[QUOTE=porthunter;2000230]Spoke with Tsayta about a month back and they have now sold there beaver. They can only land in locations with air strips now.

That's Probably why he said to contact Alpine for flights.

porthunter
04-11-2018, 08:29 AM
Have you tried BC Yukon Air? I'm booked in with them for the first time this fall.

Prices seem pretty reasonable as well and for where I'm flying into made more sense to use them over Alpine.

Astepanuk
04-11-2018, 10:58 AM
Chatted with them but we are headed South East of Tatogga lake so didn't make sense to travel all the way North to Dease lake.