PDA

View Full Version : Wolves - Reg 3 or 8?

DDD
01-29-2017, 02:25 PM
Hey guys.
Going to load up the sleds and snow shoes and do some exploring for wolves next weekend. Leaning toward the southern portion of the Bonaparte Plateau but that's only because it's reasonably close to the Fraser Valley and we've seen decent wolf sign there deer hunting in the fall. Curious if anyone has suggestions? Also considering Princeton and north of Kamloops. If nothing else, it will be a chance to get out, do some calling and get some fresh air.
Look forward to your suggestions.

D

horshur
01-29-2017, 03:21 PM
you probably have best chance sticking to your plan..North of Kamloops there is wolves on both sides of north Thompson. If you are in deer you will be in wolves. For most part all the wolf sign and kills I have run across are low elevation. Wolves are not far off highway.

Lillypuff
01-29-2017, 03:56 PM
lots of sign past Pass lake in Novemeber and December

Corb89
01-29-2017, 04:39 PM
also a chance to try a completely new area....don't get discouraged if your not seeing any....my country is covered with sign...but i only ever actually bump into them every few weeks....but thats mostly cause im a poor hunter.

tipper
01-29-2017, 05:40 PM
Tough one, the deer leave the Bonaparte area in the fall and there isn't many moose left with all the winter gut piles I've seen over the past few years traditionally speaking,
The winter sign hasn't been what it was a few years ago and I live up there basically half the year.

swampthing
01-29-2017, 06:59 PM
Southern bonapart like you suggested already. Plenty of deer winter there and the wolves have been there for years

DDD
01-31-2017, 10:33 PM
Thanks very much guys.