PDA

View Full Version : Todagin Mountain sheep hunting

archerylife
01-27-2017, 09:56 PM
hey guys i have read all the forums about bow hunting stone sheep on Todagin Mountain but i am just looking for some more recent information. if anyone is willing to help that would be great! my questions are, does it still get a lot of pressure? are there still lots of legal rams there? how much of an impact did the mine have?

thanks, GS

powell
01-29-2017, 02:47 PM
Mine destroyed the area. Was there 2 years ago and twice before the mine opened. Counted 29 other hunters in immediate area within glassing distance, countless others out of sight I am sure. Not worth the trip in my opinion. Guides are scum too. Pushed and herded sheep down the valley with their horses, they own the area according to them. One guide stood up above me on purpose and scared a beauty away from me as I was making a stock. They killed it 2 days later. Heartbreaking what has happened up there. Largest stone sheep breading ground in the world but I guess we need a mine more.

Caribou_lou
01-29-2017, 03:12 PM
The old advice is still good. The mine didn't change anything in my opinion. Lots of pressure still. But guys are successful every year on good sheep! You may be the one this year. Give it a go! I sure with they would open goat back up in there. Some good ones.

Stone Sheep Steve
01-29-2017, 03:57 PM
Go later to avoid the crowds

archerylife
01-30-2017, 12:40 AM
well that's two totally different pieces of info haha. it's been a dream of mine for a while i really hope the mine didn't destroy it.

archerylife
01-30-2017, 01:00 AM
Mine destroyed the area. Was there 2 years ago and twice before the mine opened. Counted 29 other hunters in immediate area within glassing distance, countless others out of sight I am sure. Not worth the trip in my opinion. Guides are scum too. Pushed and herded sheep down the valley with their horses, they own the area according to them. One guide stood up above me on purpose and scared a beauty away from me as I was making a stock. They killed it 2 days later. Heartbreaking what has happened up there. Largest stone sheep breading ground in the world but I guess we need a mine more.

that doesn't sound very good at all, what time of year where you there?