PDA

View Full Version : A new way of checking for private/Crown land

AgSilver
01-27-2017, 11:32 AM
Well, the Land Title and Survey Authority (more commonly known as the Land Title Office) is progressing with making more of their information available online.

This is great news - most of the province is now covered on ParcelMap BC.

https://ltsa.ca/online-services/parcelmap-bc-available-regions

I don't *think* it costs anything to access, but you do need an account.

Pretty powerful tool when used in conjunction with the FrontCounter BC .kml.

Just thought I'd pass it on.

Bonz
01-27-2017, 11:35 AM
ya its a paid subscription

https://apps.ltsa.ca/iam/signup

AgSilver
01-27-2017, 11:46 AM
Well, MyLTSA Explorer (what you would use) is pay per transaction, but a ParcelMap search is not, to my knowledge, a transaction. Not until you actually pull a title from it would it cost you (if I understand the system properly).

Bonz
01-27-2017, 11:47 AM
ill try and register..i just see the costs on the register page, but yes. do see its about transactions

Bonz
01-27-2017, 11:49 AM
soon as i enter a name. then it wants a business to it and wont let me chose individual

AgSilver
01-27-2017, 12:13 PM
Hmm, weird, doesn't do that for me. Don't know what to tell you.

Bonz
01-27-2017, 12:33 PM
only way i get past that section is if i chose a selection that isnt what i am in that drop down, if i add non profit or one of the other rather than the indivuidual, it has a red crossed out mouse curser for me. and if i use wrong entry, then i need company info to go with it

Bonz
01-27-2017, 12:35 PM
it may be cause i have snooper blockers on my system. ill shut that off and try later again, maybe they send their tracking stuff in here and it wont go so im denied, usualy tells me thats what its trying to do to my system though. good ol gov snoopers...lol

Linksman313
02-01-2017, 09:11 AM
Any luck with getting registered yet Bonz?, I am having the same issues.

Bonz
02-01-2017, 09:16 AM
ha. i havent tried since lasts posts. forgot actualy. ill do it this morning. have a few things to turn off in my system here first

Bonz
02-01-2017, 09:20 AM
nope. cant do anything for a reg joe citizen. even tried non profit. seems to be all for work relate or gov people, im not going to try with any of the other that i can get past that 1 spot on. dont need issues making claims im someone im not...lol

AgSilver
02-01-2017, 10:12 AM
Maybe try a different browser? I tried it with Chrome.

Bonz
02-01-2017, 10:26 AM
ok, i got registered. just waiting email confirmation.
figured this out. just use individual selection for who you are., and then next line that ask`s "customer sub type"...ignore that one. move on to next one. were not a customer as an individual. i thought we had to have that one since it has the asterix next to it..till you move on, then it goes away as a forced selection like the others do.

AgSilver
02-01-2017, 10:48 AM
Cool. Let me know how it works for you - I've browsed around on it and think it's pretty cool. Checked out some of my spots and neat to see what's what.

Bonz
02-01-2017, 10:50 AM
i will, got 1 email saying im accepted, and another to follow with password to log in