PDA

View Full Version : Newer Hunter, Even Newer Forum Poster

aral
01-26-2017, 12:21 PM
Nerdy joke:
What did the cheese say to herself in the mirror?
Hallouuuuuuuumi!

Hello! My name is Arielle and I've been hunting for the last three years. I joined the forum a while ago, but I've never posted. However, I'm determined to become more involved with the community and learn all there is to know about being a responsible, ethical hunter (huntress?).

A little about me: I grew up without a lot of exposure to the outdoors and was honestly never confident enough to do anything very active. But when I was debating becoming a vegetarian three seasons ago, I was introduced to the concept of ethical hunting by a friend. They brought me into the EatWild community, I took my CORE and PAL classes, and I've been exploring BC ever since.

I'm definitely not the strongest or more experienced hunter out there, but I try hard, I'm not squeamish, and I'm more confident every time I go out. I've successfully harvested a forkie mule deer, a 2x2 blacktail, and a lot of grouse. I love hunting and I hope to do it for the rest of my life. I'm also very passionate about wild food, mushroom and plant foraging, and freediving. I hope to get more into fishing soon, too!

Thanks so much for welcoming me to the community. I look forward to sharing and learning more with you all!

whognu
01-26-2017, 12:29 PM
Arielle:

how refreshing, nice job, well done

your generation carries with it the future hopes and dreams of our hunting heritage

if you are representative of the 'newbies', then we are in great shape

welcome

chris

russm86
01-26-2017, 01:42 PM
Welcome to the site!

Backwoods
01-26-2017, 01:49 PM
Welcome to HBC!! You'll enjoy, great guys and gals and even better content! Being a newer hunter keep in mind, there's never a stupid question!!
-Backwoods

604Stalker
01-26-2017, 01:54 PM
Welcome to HBC. Its the off season so just post rants and talk about how the libs suck till spring bear and you'll get along fine!

Stillhunt
01-26-2017, 07:57 PM
Welcome to Club Newb. Nice to see another member:wink:

palmer
01-26-2017, 08:01 PM
Welcome, If you are ever out my way and need some location advice...fell free to contact me. Always happy to help new hunters
Good luck with all the coming seasons

kennyj
01-26-2017, 08:28 PM
Welcome to HBC. Congrats on the bucks! Well done.
kenny

aral
01-27-2017, 12:49 PM
Thanks, everyone! And palmer, I'll be sure to reach out if I ever go out there. BTW tried to PM you but you need to clear some space out. Obviously you're a man in demand ;)

finaddict
01-27-2017, 01:25 PM
Welcome Arielle, this is a great site with some VERY experienced hunters and even more wanna-bees like me. Most are very helpful on gear, technique, shooting etc, but be fore warned. Ask too many questions about locations and there will be times a thick skin may be necessary ;-)

aral
01-27-2017, 01:30 PM
"Over there, right by notyourbusiness road up zippermouth creek!" -- We all gotta start somewhere, but I'm respectful of the golden rule of secret spots. Thanks for the warning, though!

Welcome Arielle, this is a great site with some VERY experienced hunters and even more wanna-bees like me. Most are very helpful on gear, technique, shooting etc, but be fore warned. Ask too many questions about locations and there will be times a thick skin may be necessary ;-)

North_Coast
01-27-2017, 03:31 PM
YAAAY I have seniority haha, anyways welcome to the board :) hope you have some awesome stories

"No Choke"Lord Walsingham
01-27-2017, 03:39 PM
I too wish to congratulation you on your smart life choices and success thus far afield! Long it may it continue, all the best.

:smile:

Weatherby Fan
01-27-2017, 03:45 PM
Welcome to HBC Arielle, nice to see another hunter on board not to mention a gal as we don't see alot of girls posting, my daughter will be happy !
lots of very knowledgeable and helpful folks on HBC, Good luck in 2017 and looking forward to reading about your hunting adventures.

Cheers
WF