PDA

View Full Version : ultimate sling by specialty outdoors

xcaribooer
01-24-2017, 12:15 PM
http://www.specialtyoutdoorproducts.com/
can anyone comment on these from experience? Are there any retailers in Canada that sell them??
Epay has them but by the time you pay exchange and shipping its not worth it

BigD_83
01-24-2017, 12:57 PM
I have one but have limited use with it. I find my rifle sits comfortably, and the rubber helps the rifle stay put when slung over a single shoulder or while wearing a pack. I have experienced minimal bounce when walking.

The option to go to two shoulders when not carrying a pack works seamlessly, but one might find it a tad tight if one is very large through the back and shoulders. I'm pretty average sized at 5'10" and 170lbs.

One thing I have found so far is that the screws attaching the swivels to the stock work themselves loose over time. A little Lock-Tite might be needed to keep that sorted.

The only place to buy, as far as I was able to find out, is through their website or at gun shows. If you have a mail service at Sumas, US shipping is/was free, and you can make a day out of doing something else on the other side. As you say, the only thing that might kill it right now is the US/CDN exchange. I think the USD was 1.25 CDN when I bought, but it was worth it.

elknut
01-24-2017, 01:18 PM
A few years back I bought a sling by Quakerboy called the " Hush Stalker"...Its a rubber sling that really makes leather slings obsolete..The rifle stays put on your shoulder and is very comfortable..Anyway google Quakeinc.com..Also after buying it I noticed a year or so later almost everyones hunting shows on Wild Tv were using these slings ..Must of been good to take off like that...Check it out ..Hope this doesn't derail your thread ..Just trying to show a similar product..Dennis

xcaribooer
01-24-2017, 05:16 PM
I guess any no slip rubber sling would be good, I do like the idea of the narrow profile of the ultimate over the wider pad of the hush stalker though. I don't think it would make a lot of difference at the end of the day as long as it wasn't constantly feeling like it was going to slide off.

ydouask
01-24-2017, 05:22 PM
Have used the specialty outdoors for several years now. They're good, looking to buy another in the next four or five months. :-P

Everett
01-24-2017, 05:42 PM
I currently have 9 of them best sling on the market

xcaribooer
01-24-2017, 07:12 PM

where do you buy them?

StoneChaser
01-24-2017, 07:28 PM
These are the slings I am planning on purchasing in the near future (look very similar). Non-slip, narrow slings fit nicely between my neck and pack shoulder straps (can't stand leather or nylon cobra style or the wide stretchy/bouncy neoprene slings).

http://www.sloganoutdoors.com/products.html

bcsteve
01-24-2017, 08:41 PM
These are the slings I am planning on purchasing in the near future (look very similar). Non-slip, narrow slings fit nicely between my neck and pack shoulder straps (can't stand leather or nylon cobra style or the wide stretchy/bouncy neoprene slings).

It is the same as the outdoors speciality one. I have one and I like it. But if you don't like the stretchy Butler Creek neoprene sling you'll probably won't like this one either. It has a very similar feel to it.

Everett
01-24-2017, 09:48 PM
where do you buy them?

Everett
01-24-2017, 09:50 PM
It is the same as the outdoors speciality one. I have one and I like it. But if you don't like the stretchy Butler Creek neoprene sling you'll probably won't like this one either. It has a very similar feel to it.

Nope I disagree slings are not even comparable in my opinion I used to have the butler creek ones and was never happy.

bcsteve
01-24-2017, 11:08 PM
Nope I disagree slings are not even comparable in my opinion I used to have the butler creek ones and was never happy.

Ok, I guess we have different opinions. I was also using the Butler Creek before switching to the speciality outdoor one. It may not as stretchy as the Butler Creek but pretty close. It definitely has some stretch to it which is the quality that makes it comfortable and your rifle feel lighter.

xcaribooer
01-25-2017, 01:05 PM
I just ordered one directly from their site $52.24 can shipped to my door.

Stump
01-25-2017, 02:05 PM
interesting talking about slings, I just made 2 out of paracord. you just never know when you need extra rope ! it fits the shoulder nicely.

Linksman313
01-25-2017, 03:50 PM
Hi Everett, how to you feel about the sizing issue as mentioned previously in this thread? I am 6'2 220lbs, I did note in your link later that they longer/thicker diameter for the big fella's. Thanks for that link as I too am fed up with the butler creek neoprene.

Jagermeister
01-25-2017, 04:18 PM
I'm with Everett on this one. Matter of fact, Everett was the convincing force in my purchase as he recommended this sling long time past. Of course you buy it on line and in my case, it was a happy transaction. There is more to the sling than what the marketing dude demonstrated. I don't have 9, only two which I interchange between rifles. Never have had a problem with the screws.

Everett
01-25-2017, 08:10 PM
Hi Everett, how to you feel about the sizing issue as mentioned previously in this thread? I am 6'2 220lbs, I did note in your link later that they longer/thicker diameter for the big fella's. Thanks for that link as I too am fed up with the butler creek neoprene.

I am 5:11 175lb and the regular works fine for me I think the regular should work for you as well.

elknut
01-26-2017, 05:30 PM
xcaribooer...If you google the website you will see they have a different version also ..I have both ..They dont bounce on your shoulder either..The Ultimate sling might be alright but dont know if they bounce or not ...I know that I wouldn't go back to a conventional sling if you paid me ...Dennis

BRvalley
01-26-2017, 05:44 PM
I'm 6' 235 lbs and found the regular size too tight to be able to use the sling like shoulder straps, to keep hands free for climbing...the regular size fits fine otherwise, the larger size fits great as shoulder straps

perhaps they (slogan) recently figured out how a retail business works, but my first 2 orders were not happy transactions...I only order them from brownells now, won't deal direct again

I'd have to agree they are one of the better slings out there, very comfortable and tough, I like how the hug the shoulder, don't slip off...I forgot I had one laying buried in my truck box, was there for about a year through the winter and rubber didn't crack

Linksman313
01-27-2017, 07:33 AM
Thanks for the info BRvalley, will take that into consideration.

Buck
01-27-2017, 01:05 PM
I just ordered one directly from their site $52.24 can shipped to my door.

Hmm they wanted over 77 bucks CDN to my door had it shipped to my US address for 60 cdn

hparrott
01-27-2017, 02:13 PM
[QUOTE=BigD_83;1872338]I have one but have limited use with it. I find my rifle sits comfortably, and the rubber helps the rifle stay put when slung over a single shoulder or while wearing a pack. I have experienced minimal bounce when walking.

The option to go to two shoulders when not carrying a pack works seamlessly, but one might find it a tad tight if one is very large through the back and shoulders. I'm pretty average sized at 5'10" and 170lbs.

One thing I have found so far is that the screws attaching the swivels to the stock work themselves loose over time. A little Lock-Tite might be needed to keep that sorted.

If I was to write a review this would be my exact opinion so I'll save you the double read lol. Overall I recommend it and below is a link to it on sale in the states. On the opticsplanet website there is a 10% off coupon and the company is out of oregon so no tax. If you pay tax (not duty) at the boarder than at least you only paid tax once just as u would if purchased in canada.

https://www.opticsplanet.com/slogan-outdoors-so-ultraflex-med-weight-sling-w-brute-swivels-non-slip-black.html

xcaribooer
01-27-2017, 08:15 PM
Hmm they wanted over 77 bucks CDN to my door had it shipped to my US address for 60 cdn

just got an email on my order saying they want another $7us ($10cdn) for intl shipping on top of the $52cdn so now its up to $62cdn. I just hope I don't get another charge for duty on delivery..

Stresd
01-28-2017, 08:43 AM
Won't be duty if it is made in the states. And I find that anything under $100 usually sails through customs with out being nailed the 12% Tax.

They havn't contacted me yet with a price increase. (yet) Paid $57.43 Cdn

Description
Unit price
Qty
Amount

1. Ultimate Rifle and Shotgun Sling (Qty 1)
$42.45 USD
$42.45 USD

Subtotal
$42.45 USD

Total
$42.45 USD

Payment
$42.45 USD

From amount
$57.43 CAD

To amount
$42.45 USD

Exchange rate: 1 Canadian Dollar = 0.739173 U.S. Dollars

xcaribooer
02-26-2017, 11:14 AM
After the dust settled it was $66.71 cdn delivered to my door
I'm pretty happy with it, the quality looks good. if anything it is a bit heavy being made of rubber but well worth it if it doesn't slide off your shoulder all day

Buck
02-26-2017, 11:22 AM
Got mine as well looks good.

4pointer91
10-15-2018, 11:56 AM
Just ordered one of the Ultimate Rifle straps directly from Specialty Outdoors, no issues and was delivered USPS in a week. Appears to do everything discussed in the video. Only negative is that the material needs to out gas a bit, their website says to stretch the material to minimize the odor. If it was made in Canada it would be even better!

Carrollizer
10-15-2018, 01:05 PM
Have this sling and love it. Did the same deal as 4Pointer91 and it arrived super quick. never again do I have to adjust my rifle on one shoulder and the double shoulder (pack) works great. I'd advise this sling to anyone who's sick of their rifle sliding off their shoulder.

steve-r
10-16-2018, 11:11 AM
How maleable does the rubber stay in cold freezing weather?

Rattler
10-16-2018, 12:35 PM
I have this sling and it is awesome..best on the market imo. Love the double strap and flip over the single strap over my head when in challenging terrain to ensure rifle doesn't come off. The strap doesn't fall off your shoulder like leather straps do and it stays malleable during cold weather.

ydouask
10-16-2018, 09:26 PM
:smile: Hey Rattler, I know the guy who bought that sling for you !!! I bought three
, one for each son and one for me. My recommendation here is GO FOR OPTION #2.... the steel locking swivels. The option #1 (polymer Brute swivels) can and will split(break) if overtightened, even by the average six year old with pliers.:icon_frow
Holy smokes, look at the thirds on that new avitar !