PDA

View Full Version : You Tube Hunting Channels...to help get through the off season

tenrag
01-20-2017, 01:59 PM
I'm just wondering if any members subscribe to any hunting channels on You Tube. When I'm not ice fishing, shed hunting or scouting for next year I spend time on You Tube watching others hunters in action. This helps fill the void of off season.

I have found some excellent Canadian videos but cannot find too many channels. I have also found a couple good channels from the US that hunt on public land. There are also some interesting videos on high fence and low fence ranches near the Mexico border. Although I don't have an interest in ranch hunting it is interesting to see the size of "farmed" animals and hear the biologists talk about genetics.

If any members have their own channel I encourage you to share it on here or PM me your channel name.

AgSilver
01-20-2017, 02:12 PM
Just the usual suspects, but that are pretty enjoyable...

Randy Newberg
Solo Hunter
and, of course, Meat Eater (I actually paid for the whole package of eps released...seasons 1-10 + bonuses, I think...via VHX)

Most of the rest (that I've found, anyhow) don't really "get it".

markt308
01-20-2017, 02:56 PM
Look up a channel called StuckNtherut
their videos are the absolute best. just awesome hunting done by some average guys

.308SLAYER
01-20-2017, 04:02 PM
I really like the HUSHIN channel prob my favorite channel check out the Fire bull video pretty epic. Great group of guys I really like their personal filming style great hunts.

.308SLAYER
01-20-2017, 04:09 PM
Tines up....Hushin....Stuck in the Rut.....Primos hunting always love the will primos elk hunts....Killer instinct....a few of my favorites

BRvalley
01-20-2017, 04:45 PM
I've enjoyed crawfy19 videos and they've posted their stories on hbc as well

tenrag
01-20-2017, 06:02 PM
I second HUSHIN, they are what started it all for me. I really enjoy when they do the semi-live hunts. The recent whitetail in TX was...interested. Not sure how I feel about ranch hunts. You could tell they also thought ranch hunting was different and not what we all think of as typical hunting trips.

tenrag
01-20-2017, 06:04 PM
I forgot to add SOLO HNTR, the new short guy is great to watch. I guess he is a guide but when he is out alone he films his trips. There was a great caribou hunt with his father.

Sitkaspruce
01-20-2017, 09:18 PM
If you want to watch some of the best videos from the past, including the pioneer of original hunting videos, Gordon Eastman, check out this site

https://monstercamo.com/00_video_home_page/

These videos at what it is really like; no celebrity host that cry or Sitka this or UA that......just good old fashion hunting videos.

Cheers

SS

adriaticum
01-20-2017, 09:43 PM
There is a brazillion channels.

My favourite are some of these
- Hushin
- Solo Hunter
- Midwest Whitetail
- Stuckin the rut
- Downwind outdoors
- Hidden Instinct
- Cameron Hanes (not bad)
- SAONLine
-Meateater
- Team Wild TV
- The Wild North (trapping)
- Coon Creek OUtdoors (trapping)

longwalk
01-20-2017, 09:48 PM
One of our own HBC members, Markt308 has some really good videos on line.

Bonz
01-21-2017, 08:54 AM
an avidhunter has alot of vids to. just reg joe hunter. kyler`s a good guy

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCZ0sQ4fM3Ei55-qEPxs-Q5A

also other than youtube their is carbon tv online. toms of free outdoor hunting vids and shows

http://www.carbontv.com/

decker9
01-21-2017, 09:07 AM
Not to much hunting, but the wild north has some good trapping videos. He posted up a sheep hunt last fall, pretty good watch, besides when they finally pulled the trigger on a ram, that prolly should have been edited out.

Bonz
01-21-2017, 09:08 AM
wildnorth is now sharing all his tv episodes from american outdoor channel now. last i saw was on episode 3 now...fur harvesters, popular channel

ajr5406
01-21-2017, 09:15 AM
Montana Wild to add to the list

frankthedog
01-21-2017, 10:04 AM
If you want entertainment...Pigman the Series...

Backwoods
01-21-2017, 10:41 AM
Sad but true, I've been spending countless hours watching YouTube hunting for a few weeks recovering from a surgery, I think I've seen it all hahaha! Right now few of my top go to are Solo hunter, Montana Wild, Stuck in the Rut with Travis Schnider, Into high Country with Jason Matzinger, Hush life, Randy Newbergs channel, watch a few PODCASTS with Gritty Bowmen (Brian & Aron Snyder) watched every stone sheep hunt on YouTube that I can find! Haha getting pumped for opener! Few good Grizzly bear charges and hunts (random) etc...

SR80
01-21-2017, 11:05 AM
i like watching the videos that regular guys make rather than those bigger named guys with tv shows etc. Some of the best are hunting guides, check out ben stourac, nathan french, theres a bunch more but those are the ones that stand out

Bugle M In
01-21-2017, 11:10 AM
just want to say to the OP....good thread

Bugle M In
01-21-2017, 11:17 AM
Look up a channel called StuckNtherut
their videos are the absolute best. just awesome hunting done by some average guys

I like the the stucknthrut...just took a look...didn't know about it.
I like watching just average guys (granted, with some better knowledge of where to hunt etc), compared to most of the crap on Wildtv.
Can't stand watching some guy from the states, using a guide etc, and sometimes in high fenced locations.
I want to see guys who are more like me...meaning, just going out by themselves, just like me and my hunting partners etc.

Also, I will be watching some of your videos....I watched a little part of one....looks really good, and is exactly the kind of stuff that we
need more of....(you know, during the hunter blues off season)
Plus, it gives the Newbs a better understanding and reality of how it is out here in place like bc etc.
Nice to see how others here hunt.....good post.

Bonz
01-21-2017, 11:31 AM
i have a question for vid content. what sorta info or footage do you guys see thats missing in some, or what can make some better.
what sort of searches do you use to find videos that peek interest i guess also.
do the lesser hi quality cameras or editing work get less attention? does that effect your choices?

tried a few diff styles on a channel to see what got hits or not. used to run one and it was a huge hit and even paid my rent at the time for me with google adsence payments. totaly diff subject to it though. would get hundreds of thousands of vie in few days.
the hunting stuff doesnt seem to get anywhere near the views, unless they tend to be tv related stuff, havent taken mine serious at all yet. just throwing diff stuff out there and watching hits and views to see what work best, and far from hi end quality or editing

adriaticum
01-21-2017, 11:43 AM
i have a question for vid content. what sorta info or footage do you guys see thats missing in some, or what can make some better.
what sort of searches do you use to find videos that peek interest i guess also.
do the lesser hi quality cameras or editing work get less attention? does that effect your choices?

tried a few diff styles on a channel to see what got hits or not. used to run one and it was a huge hit and even paid my rent at the time for me with google adsence payments. totaly diff subject to it though. would get hundreds of thousands of vie in few days.
the hunting stuff doesnt seem to get anywhere near the views, unless they tend to be tv related stuff, havent taken mine serious at all yet. just throwing diff stuff out there and watching hits and views to see what work best, and far from hi end quality or editing

Subscribe to what's posted here and youtube will suggest enough content that you won't have to search for anything.
also check subscriptions of every channel you follow and you are bound to find more similar content.

tuner
01-21-2017, 11:44 AM
AnAvidHunter is excellent!
Kyle comes across as real genuine good guy.
Real people, hunting our incredible province.
There is enough content on the YouTube channel to keep you happy for awhile.

Bonz
01-21-2017, 11:45 AM
Subscribe to what's posted here and youtube will suggest enough content that you won't have to search for anything.
also check subscriptions of every channel you follow and you are bound to find more similar content.

ok, wasnt sure if people us that suggested video deal. sure got alot of hits ans scriber when it starred new, then it dies off. seems more done to attract to their own channels. and is something i di with the old channel to drive trafick to.

Bonz
01-21-2017, 11:47 AM
AnAvidHunter is excellent!
Kyle comes across as real genuine good guy.
Real people, hunting our incredible province.
There is enough content on the YouTube channel to keep you happy for awhile.

kyle is a good genuine guy, know him fairly well, guys knoiws his stuff to and is educated in science on this
actualy he used to be an antihunter he tells me. when to univercity an woke up to the lies. hard core outdoor guy now

adriaticum
01-21-2017, 11:54 AM
The key is to find channels that post continuously like Hushin and Solo hunter.

Bonz
01-21-2017, 11:56 AM
ya that worked well last time to. every sat was a new video out

Lorne
01-21-2017, 12:24 PM
Rockhouse Motion on vimeo or youtube some of the best quality hunting videos you will ever see check out "Beyond the roar" "game of inches" and "smoke and feathers" to name a few. Montana wild has great videos, the grittybowmen has some good stuff also

bamf
01-21-2017, 01:34 PM
Brad fry hunting, Clay Hayes, Backcountry Hunters and Anglers, Sitka and Kuiu,
Pedro Ampureo, Solo Hunter, Randy Newburg

adriaticum
01-21-2017, 01:51 PM
Brad fry hunting, Clay Hayes, Backcountry Hunters and Anglers, Sitka and Kuiu,
Pedro Ampureo, Solo Hunter, Randy Newburg

Brad Fry has some of the most amazing moose footage and his videos are the best in class, but he doesn't post a lot

JDR
01-22-2017, 11:47 AM
Tim Wells has some interesting vids. He loves hunting with bow, spear, and blow dart. Really like SOLO HNTR with Remi Warren and Hushin.

.308SLAYER
01-23-2017, 07:13 AM
Totally forgot when I previously posted. DEADLY PASSION just a beutiful women that loves to hunt videos from stags to elk to whiteys very good channel aswell. All of it get me so stoked on sep it's so far away lol

adriaticum
01-23-2017, 06:42 PM
Totally forgot when I previously posted. DEADLY PASSION just a beutiful women that loves to hunt videos from stags to elk to whiteys very good channel aswell. All of it get me so stoked on sep it's so far away lol

I guess if you like Melissa Bachman, you'll like https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCuLzaUWuZ12XND3sMCthFZg

hunter1947
01-24-2017, 04:11 AM
Look up on you tube Wayne Willman you will get into my videos I have over 2000 video clips on you tube on lots of different things..