PDA

View Full Version : Looking for shot coyotes you won't use

Riven
01-18-2017, 11:10 PM
Just a girl making up a project this winter - I need another 18 or so pelts- I've gotten pretty good at tanning - I'll drive out and pick up any coyotes you happen to shoot (I'm in Delta in the lower mainland)

(Or wolves or anything - though I'm not sure anyone would love to give me one)

Please let me know! I'd be so so grateful :)

(... and Id rather that you were going to shoot them anyway and not do much to them - like they were eating someones live stock or something - instead of just shooting them for me - more of using pelts that wouldn't be than harvesting new - as a conscience thing)

Thanks!

sausage lover
01-21-2017, 09:03 PM
What is your project? I'm curious:-D

"No Choke"Lord Walsingham
01-21-2017, 09:31 PM
18 pelts?

Sounds like a queen size Coyote blanket.

Surrey Boy
01-21-2017, 09:49 PM
I have some rabbit skins if you need trim.

Drillbit
01-22-2017, 04:30 AM
I have 3 hanging in the lean-to right now. It was all going great, but then I ended the day with a miss.....

I was going to drive them out to a trapper buddy I know tomorrow.

I'm in the Caribou, so I don't think I can get them to you easily?

Riven
01-23-2017, 11:25 PM
I have 3 hanging in the lean-to right now. It was all going great, but then I ended the day with a miss.....

I was going to drive them out to a trapper buddy I know tomorrow.

I'm in the Caribou, so I don't think I can get them to you easily?

Aw darn I don't think I have any buddies out there coming this way right now. Thanks though that's real kind of you!

Riven
01-23-2017, 11:28 PM
I have some rabbit skins if you need trim.

I would absolutly love them - that would be lovely on the top or even on the boots I'm putting together
me with when and where is nicest for me to come by maybe

Riven
01-23-2017, 11:29 PM
Haha yep I'm making up a nice big blanket - I have enough for a little throw right now.

01-24-2017, 07:47 PM
Your blanket would be even better, Riven, if you took up the call and got out after some Coyotes! Get you some.

Look, any Coyote you don't shoot is not going to pass away gently surrounded by family and friends under the care of its physician with a steady morphine drip. No. Not even close...
They will; however, suffer through what is most likely to be an extremely excruciating death via starvation: disease, exposure, some horrible injury or perhaps even being eaten alive by other members of their own species or another type of animal.

You can surely believe that taking these beasties yourself and doing ALL the work to earn your blanket will only serve to make it much warmer and more beautiful.

Best of luck!

Riven
01-24-2017, 08:11 PM
You're right if I hunted and processed the whole deal on my own I could feel more pride in the finished project

Gota say though - the very kind guys that have given me their hunts so far and the farmers that have shot them protecting their flocks - have served me very well thus far.

If I had time for the hunt on top of university id go for it - but really I have hunt or tan to choose from in my life right now - and I've met some great people so far through making use of what they've enjoyed hunting.

Im also from out of Provence so hunting is a little trickier for me - and probably the trickiest I don't have a rifle right now. But don't think I haven't been hunting and don't love shooting.

Lastly I'm really rather hippy about this. I light candles and say thank you for the coyotes hides and all. I know that probably seems out there.

In any any case I continue my request all winter if anyone shoots one and doesn't need it please call me up it'll go to a loving home :)

01-24-2017, 08:22 PM
Hope you get what you need.

I must suggest acquiring a firearm at your earliest convenience in the least. Always a good idea whether you can get out much or not. There are still plenty of firearms available for low dough, even for folks on the uni budget!

Nothing wrong with saluting the life of an animal in any way you see fit. There's nothing weird about candle lighting and such if that's your way!

Riven
01-24-2017, 08:34 PM
Quite right :)

Ride Red
01-24-2017, 08:54 PM
Riven,

We'd all like to see the finished product. Good on you for making use of the hides and reaching out for help on here. And lastly, having appreciation for the coyotes isn't out there, as we hunters are thankful for the game we hunt too.

Riven
01-24-2017, 09:30 PM
I can't wait to throw some pictures of the final project up. I'll take some of the first four I have that are mid tan right now too :)

01-24-2017, 09:41 PM
Just be sure to put your own watermark on those pictures!

I, for one, shall look forward to seeing your completed work. Nothing better than a fine Coyote blanket.

Dannybuoy
01-24-2017, 09:53 PM
http://i267.photobucket.com/albums/ii308/Dannybuoy_bucket/DSCF2182.jpg (http://s267.photobucket.com/user/Dannybuoy_bucket/media/DSCF2182.jpg.html)

Posted before but this is 4
Like this
http://i267.photobucket.com/albums/ii308/Dannybuoy_bucket/DSCF2181.jpg (http://s267.photobucket.com/user/Dannybuoy_bucket/media/DSCF2181.jpg.html)

01-24-2017, 09:54 PM
Very nice!

Riven
01-24-2017, 11:56 PM
http://i267.photobucket.com/albums/ii308/Dannybuoy_bucket/DSCF2182.jpg (http://s267.photobucket.com/user/Dannybuoy_bucket/media/DSCF2182.jpg.html)

Posted before but this is 4
Like this
http://i267.photobucket.com/albums/ii308/Dannybuoy_bucket/DSCF2181.jpg (http://s267.photobucket.com/user/Dannybuoy_bucket/media/DSCF2181.jpg.html)

oo lovely !

Bonz
01-25-2017, 08:51 AM
i been curious on the furs for some preds like this that we dont need tags for.
i know for my skull work or other i have to keep my punched tags as proof of legal kills, and if it goes out of prov i need the permits.
how does that work for other no tag furs..like these..or rabbit or whatever. i guess not rabbit as their schedule c and dont even need a hunting licence. but for coyote we do.
if someone has no licence how do they prove what they have was legaly taken?

elch jager
01-25-2017, 09:15 AM
Ya know.... I bet there are more than a few folks here that would rather pay you a fair price to tan their spring bear than wait in line to pay a premium price to a taxidermist... Help to pay some of your tuition...

Riven
01-25-2017, 12:17 PM
You are right about the legality of kills and all I don't actually know the rules. - wouldn't mind knowing I'm all about following them too - but I'll also pick up and skin fresh road kill of something small

then also - you can just buy coyote fur blankets - don't need any paper work for that.
Guess I could ask a co

hey that is a grand idea! Bout the bears.
Milk practice on the dogs for a bit and see if I can do a job worthy enough to trust other peoples hunts with - I wonder if I can get a farmer to let me use a corner of a barn or something - I bet...

Bonz
01-25-2017, 02:03 PM
same. and me asking wasnt to destroy what your goal is. i do some taxidermy work and always searching laws around this.
i do know for any of my skulls i have, i have to keep the punched tag to prove legality. and when i take in others to work on, i need to take their tag info incase im inspected and need proof of legality

when you buy furs in a store or where ever they already did permits to sell, the store will need paperwork to prove if asked. just not something we see as a consumer, lots of diff permits in this
wouldnt want to see you get crap if asked for a licence for the furs, a guess would be all you need it to take down their licence info, as i do for skull work

Riven
01-25-2017, 10:31 PM
Oh yeah fair fair. I didn't think you were taking me down :P

tbh. Won't take anyone's licenses noted down.
But j bet you're right that's what it would take

Drillbit
01-26-2017, 12:11 AM
same. and me asking wasnt to destroy what your goal is. i do some taxidermy work and always searching laws around this.
i do know for any of my skulls i have, i have to keep the punched tag to prove legality. and when i take in others to work on, i need to take their tag info incase im inspected and need proof of legality

when you buy furs in a store or where ever they already did permits to sell, the store will need paperwork to prove if asked. just not something we see as a consumer, lots of diff permits in this
wouldnt want to see you get crap if asked for a licence for the furs, a guess would be all you need it to take down their licence info, as i do for skull work

I think you're pooping the party.

For a taxidermist yes, inspections should be regular.

For someone skinning animals that don't need tags, I don't see a problem. Pretty hard to prove intent.

I have a house full of rugs, skulls and antlers. The only one with documentation is a grizzly bear as it was LEH, then had to be inspected and registered.

For wolf/bears skulls, I don't worry. If I can't prove I took them legally but did, they sure as hell can't prove I didn't.

I am not cbc, nanny state, socially programmed either tho......

Riven.
Keep up the good work!!

Bonz
01-26-2017, 07:33 AM
im no taxidermy shop. i called my co in my area to ask what i needed to do buddies skulls. i needed all the same as a butcher basicly. we need proof of legality to transport buddies game even. same for me. while i have someone skull in my possesion. and they come here. i have to prove who`s it is and if legal.
holding on to our tags for our own mounts is in the regs to

Riven
01-26-2017, 08:28 AM
I'm not gunna feel bad for having coyotes that woulda just rotted in a field anyway - laws are important but this seams pretty okay to me

Still happy to drive to anyone that has any :)

Bonz
01-26-2017, 08:48 AM
im sure it isnt a big issue. ive never been checked. i also have to hold my paperwork for a certain time frame to after i do the work, as a butcher does.
realy only way i see an issue come up is if their sold and get an unhappy customer and they report someone.
isnt alot of effort to write down a licence # and name.

good luck with your search, i may have some coons soon if thats an interest at all.

Riven
01-26-2017, 09:40 AM
im sure it isnt a big issue. ive never been checked. i also have to hold my paperwork for a certain time frame to after i do the work, as a butcher does.
realy only way i see an issue come up is if their sold and get an unhappy customer and they report someone.
isnt alot of effort to write down a licence # and name.

good luck with your search, i may have some coons soon if thats an interest at all.

you're right on both accounts

in a couple months id start on coons but not till I'm done these guys i think thanks though!!

Riven
02-05-2017, 02:23 AM
Just bumpity bumping in case someone hasn't seen