PDA

View Full Version : Rabbit in reg. 8-8 & 8-11

KS___12
01-16-2017, 10:56 AM
Hey!
Has anyone hunted much for snowshoe hare around 8-8 or 8-11? If so, do you just drive the FSR? Hoping to head out this week for something to do. Any tips or suggestions would be appreciated! Thanks.

HarryToolips
01-16-2017, 07:04 PM
Strap on your snowshoes and hit up the re-planted blocks about 10-15 years old I'm guessing...anywhere where you see lotsa track! If the FSR that you are travelling is plowed, and you are going during the regular work week, watch for logging trucks!

Gumsehwah
01-20-2017, 04:15 PM
STILL getting the hang of it up here in 6-15. I find them in willow thickets. They just seem to appear like ghosts. . .

What time of day seems to work?

tuner
01-20-2017, 04:58 PM
STILL getting the hang of it up here in 6-15. I find them in willow thickets. They just seem to appear like ghosts. . .

What time of day seems to work?
Right at dusk.

Gumsehwah
02-27-2017, 09:55 PM
I always see them when I'm not looking for them. I've only shot two this year, and that has been when I'm packing it in for the evening.

tuner
02-27-2017, 10:52 PM
I always see them when I'm not looking for them. I've only shot two this year, and that has been when I'm packing it in for the evening.
Don't feel to bad Gum, they are pretty hard to see this time of the year. Look for patchs of what looks like dirty white (greyish)mounds, as well as their eyes,they look black against a pure white snow background, they will usually stand still
rightly confident in their camouflage. Stick to it, it won't be long before you become proficient at hunting them.

markomoose
02-28-2017, 10:18 AM
PM Hare Assasin as he is the go to guy on this subject,although I have not seen him round these parts lately?