PDA

View Full Version : plane

two-feet
01-10-2017, 08:30 PM
what other sites work so you can get the usable link? photo bucket is completely useless

hoochie
01-10-2017, 08:56 PM
try clicking your picture, then clicking the "chain" icon.
It will pop up links.
choose the bottom one, copy that, then paste it here.
picture is now on this site.
that doesnt work?

MB_Boy
01-10-2017, 09:06 PM
I think he's talking about the fact that PBucket is so freaking slow these days it is almost useless. Tried posting a couple things for a member here this past weekend and it was excruciatingly painful. Lagging, slow, pics not loading all the way.....did I say slow?

twoSevenO
01-10-2017, 09:11 PM
use the steps in my signature for the easiest way to upload pics to a forum. Photo bucket is crap and overly complicated these days. Imgur requires no account and no need to remember passwords etc.

MB_Boy
01-10-2017, 09:16 PM
Hey twoSeven0.... are the pics then on IMGUR for any and all to see if you don't need an account?

two-feet
01-10-2017, 09:20 PM
blob:http://imgur.com/8854b947-4b96-4f40-bec1-4bb40e48c170

"No Choke"Lord Walsingham
01-10-2017, 09:21 PM
Hey twoSeven0.... are the pics then on IMGUR for any and all to see if you don't need an account?

+1 Does imgur do us a bamboozling?!

two-feet
01-10-2017, 09:21 PM
do you have to manually type the [IMG] thing?

two-feet
01-10-2017, 09:25 PM
can you see this photohttp://i.imgur.com/FIRNLXC.jpg

MB_Boy
01-10-2017, 09:26 PM
Yup....can see the pic.

two-feet
01-10-2017, 09:26 PM
a bit big i guess. all this techno weeny shit makes me need a rum

twoSevenO
01-10-2017, 09:27 PM
yes, we can see it ... good job, you've figured it out! :)

twoSevenO
01-10-2017, 09:28 PM
a bit big i guess. all this techno weeny shit makes me need a rum

This is a problem with all modern cameras and phones. They keep increasing the number of pixels on the device so the size of the pictures keeps increasing. there is no way around it short of manually resizing it on your computer or phone.

twoSevenO
01-10-2017, 09:31 PM

Yes. It will technically be visible to anyone. However, random strangers finding your pics won't know whose pics they are. But if i'm sharing pics on a forum they are already in the category of "everyone can see this" .

Ubertuber
01-10-2017, 10:02 PM
This is a problem with all modern cameras and phones. They keep increasing the number of pixels on the device so the size of the pictures keeps increasing. there is no way around it short of manually resizing it on your computer or phone.
Camera makers seem to like making the size larger and larger, just look at the ads, it's what sells.
You should be able to lower the image size and pixel count on your camera before taking pictures. This way all your pics will be a more modest size. Kinda defeating the purpose of huge mega pixel pics, but it works.

Bonz
01-11-2017, 07:48 AM
try tiny pic. its part of photobucket but can resize as you upload to it, i feel i can do way more on tiny pic. lots of customizing

Bonz
01-11-2017, 08:09 AM
looks like can resize in photobucket also as you upload

http://support.photobucket.com/hc/en-us/articles/200723884-Upload-Size-Options

Backwoods
01-11-2017, 11:04 AM
PHOTO BUCKET IS A JOKE! tried posting pics earlier this morn, but no luck, trying to post pictures should be as easy as, click the attach photo or video button above, select photo or video, and upload.......done and done like it is on any other website, and it would be nice if we could post photos or videos off our iphones or smart phones.....only if we had the technology lol!!

two-feet
01-11-2017, 06:20 PM
Ya photobucket basically freezes up my whole computer, not going through that again

decker9
01-11-2017, 06:27 PM
What about posting photos from a mobile?? I don't use a pc, I figured something had changed so that photos can't be posted from a phone maybe? Anyone else use their phone for posting photos with luck?

Sitkaspruce
01-11-2017, 07:21 PM
I use both these sites. Easy and quick. I am slowly transferring pictures over.

http://imgur.com/

http://postimg.org/

Cheers

SS

MB_Boy
01-11-2017, 08:21 PM
What about posting photos from a mobile?? I don't use a pc, I figured something had changed so that photos can't be posted from a phone maybe? Anyone else use their phone for posting photos with luck?

Pretty sure this software version (dated vBulletin) doesn't support it.

MB_Boy
01-11-2017, 08:35 PM
PHOTO BUCKET IS A JOKE! tried posting pics earlier this morn, but no luck, trying to post pictures should be as easy as, click the attach photo or video button above, select photo or video, and upload.......done and done like it is on any other website, and it would be nice if we could post photos or videos off our iphones or smart phones.....only if we had the technology lol!!

Okay.....keep getting the error you'll see in the Bugs and Glitches forum, but will try replying to this one last time.

MB_Boy
01-11-2017, 10:00 PM
Got kicked out again....will make this my last attempt. Saved in Word so hopefully this works.

So big issue is that we all want this functionality but problem is that this is an old version of vBulletin. I just don’t think it supports a lot of the picture functionality and other advanced features you see in newer software. I would caution Marc/Spink from moving to new versions of vBulletin without doing plenty of due dligience. A BC sportfishing forum did last year and it was an absolute mess with tons of data (threads) and pictures missing, poor functionality and bugs and slow just to name a few and the worst thing was NOBODY from vBull was there to help them out. ZIPPO for support.

They made the tough decision to limp along with it and quickly find a new platform. I don’t think moving to the new one was cheap as they hired developers/data type guys to map everything over from vBull to Xenforo the new platform. That new platform…..is AWESOME. Everything people want to do with images is fully supported and you can put pics from any device right into a post/thread with no issues. Also can be tailored to accept larger files as so many pics are these days with the advancement of camera technology.
The bad part…..it’s a big undertaking, one that would take plenty of prep to get ready for. Other bad part is it’s the dreaded change! Lots of tech savy folks will figure out new platforms quickly while taking 30 minutes to navigate, read the help sections etc. but others won't. Not sure if you’ve been around when Marc has upgraded software here but it ain’t pretty….I’ve seen a few in my days, hahaha.

Bonz
01-12-2017, 07:07 AM
if you want to direct upload pics from a cell you`ll need the cell version of vbulletin

forum runner or taptalk

Bonz
01-12-2017, 07:09 AM
Got kicked out again....will make this my last attempt. Saved in Word so hopefully this works.

So big issue is that we all want this functionality but problem is that this is an old version of vBulletin. I just don’t think it supports a lot of the picture functionality and other advanced features you see in newer software. I would caution Marc/Spink from moving to new versions of vBulletin without doing plenty of due dligience. A BC sportfishing forum did last year and it was an absolute mess with tons of data (threads) and pictures missing, poor functionality and bugs and slow just to name a few and the worst thing was NOBODY from vBull was there to help them out. ZIPPO for support.

They made the tough decision to limp along with it and quickly find a new platform. I don’t think moving to the new one was cheap as they hired developers/data type guys to map everything over from vBull to Xenforo the new platform. That new platform…..is AWESOME. Everything people want to do with images is fully supported and you can put pics from any device right into a post/thread with no issues. Also can be tailored to accept larger files as so many pics are these days with the advancement of camera technology.
The bad part…..it’s a big undertaking, one that would take plenty of prep to get ready for. Other bad part is it’s the dreaded change! Lots of tech savy folks will figure out new platforms quickly while taking 30 minutes to navigate, read the help sections etc. but others won't. Not sure if you’ve been around when Marc has upgraded software here but it ain’t pretty….I’ve seen a few in my days, hahaha.

if vb didnt help that other place, then their licence is bunk. thats more what you pay for in these forum softwares. i own one also that just sit idle, they always helped me when i had issues,...and a valid licence

Squamch
01-12-2017, 07:44 AM
if you want to direct upload pics from a cell you`ll need the cell version of vbulletin

forum runner or taptalk

I have no problems posting using the photobucket app and the full site in chrome browser on an s7. It was a bit glitchy a couple months back on my iPhone though.

Bonz
01-12-2017, 07:54 AM
I have no problems posting using the photobucket app and the full site in chrome browser on an s7. It was a bit glitchy a couple months back on my iPhone though.

i mean posting direct from your cell`s camera to here. needs the other software set up.

MB_Boy
01-12-2017, 09:19 AM
if vb didnt help that other place, then their licence is bunk. thats more what you pay for in these forum softwares. i own one also that just sit idle, they always helped me when i had issues,...and a valid licence

It's not their license, they had been with vBull longer than HBC has been around and have upgraded a number of times. vBull had become "bull" as they were acquired early last year or late 2014 and if you do a bit of digging which the owners of the fishing site did they found all sorts of people talking about how the service had become the sh*ts.

Someone from vBull was there and all about them upgrading.....when things went to sh*t.....nobody was to be found. I was one of the ones who helped them look at different forum software and ultimately test Xenforo with their data etc before they went live; these guys weren't dummies and one also worked in the tech world like I do.

Bonz
01-12-2017, 09:22 AM
oh, new stuff then. i havent had mine live for few years, that use to be the issue with vb, licences were lifetime if i recall when i bought mine, but ha to pay for tech help, or something. it had just changed when i bought mine
never even heard of that other one

chadr
01-12-2017, 09:31 AM
I know things were a bit of a mess on that fishing site for a while, but I think it is much easier to use now after a bit of time spent figuring things out

MB_Boy
01-12-2017, 09:38 AM
I know things were a bit of a mess on that fishing site for a while, but I think it is much easier to use now after a bit of time spent figuring things out

Yup a handful of us spent a few weeks testing every function possible in the Xenforo software before it went live so we could help out any "how do I" issues.

albravo2
01-12-2017, 09:43 AM
I keep clicking on this damn thread looking for something about a plane.

MB_Boy
01-12-2017, 10:17 AM
I keep clicking on this damn thread looking for something about a plane.

It's pretty plane and simple you likely won't find one at this point but things could change. :mrgreen:

Bonz
01-12-2017, 10:19 AM
had to

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xJ286Fpq7Fs

albravo2
01-12-2017, 10:29 AM
bahahaha, I bit.

I feel like I just got Rick rolled.

two-feet
01-12-2017, 01:28 PM
I tried with my original post to put up a picture of a plane, it failed.

Bonz
01-12-2017, 01:30 PM
im glad someone else mentioned this...lol, been thinking same since i saw it first...plane?...hu?...lol
i keep looking up

tigrr
01-12-2017, 11:39 PM
Hey Two feet post some link to the pics and maybe we can help.

MB_Boy
01-13-2017, 12:01 AM
I tried with my original post to put up a picture of a plane, it failed.

HOW are you trying to post them?

Glenny
01-13-2017, 01:01 AM
Any sites where you can upload HD Video? (Besides Youtube) Photo Bucket don't work for that.

twoSevenO
01-13-2017, 01:29 AM
Any sites where you can upload HD Video? (Besides Youtube) Photo Bucket don't work for that.

Why not just use YouTube?.

boxhitch
01-13-2017, 08:15 AM
Another good pic hosting site is Hunt101.com
definitely HBC-type friendly

Bonz
01-13-2017, 08:19 AM

best place for true HD is vimeo. your limited per week in data for free acct, or they have paid ones for profession levels. and you dont lose quality when uploading, like you do on youtube

https://vimeo.com/

two-feet
01-13-2017, 06:59 PM
Got it figured actually, just biding my time. Waiting for a night with more time, less sobriety.