PDA

View Full Version : My 2015 moose

Cat catcher
01-08-2017, 08:23 PM
I have been very fortunate to take some nice moose, the reason I can is because of a good wife and being able to spend a lot of time in the bush finding the one I want. Countless hour exploring until I find the one. A lot of miles and many attempts until I finally succeed. This bull I had seen several days made numerous stalks but could never close the deal. I tried 5 days with a bow. Closest I got was 87 yards. Then the morning I got him I looked in the spotting scope and seen he had broke one tine so I decide I better attemp with the the rifle before he gets all busted up. I was impressed with his brow tines so he was on the hit list. My son watched him with me in the spotting scope but had school the day I managed to get him or he would have been right there beside me.

http://www.huntingbc.ca/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=6184&stc=1

"No Choke"Lord Walsingham
01-08-2017, 08:29 PM
Another great Moose!

Right on. I'd say that were one lives and/or Hunts can have great effect on the quality and quantity of game seen. Ultimately you are correct Sir - There is no substitute for time spent afield!

Cat catcher
01-08-2017, 08:35 PM
I would hate to guess how many hours and how much fuel I spent trying to get it. In the end it is about being in the outdoors with family and friends. If you can manage a decent bull it's a bonus.

HarryToolips
01-08-2017, 10:01 PM
Incredible bull! So you got him later October during the region 6 GOS then was he rutting at all then?

Caribou_lou
01-08-2017, 10:30 PM
Incredible bull! So you got him later October during the region 6 GOS then was he rutting at all then?

I'd guess it was early October further North where there is more GOS for Bulls in Region 6. I could be wrong though.

two-feet
01-09-2017, 07:14 AM
My buddy has called in and shot bulls late oct ( around the 23rd) for 2 years in a row near smithers. They came in hard too, grunting and smashing. It is not peak rut, but rutting none the less

two-feet
01-09-2017, 07:17 AM
And nice moose by the way! Very nice rack, the fronts are amazing

kennyj
01-09-2017, 08:06 AM
Awesome bull!! Great fun having a big one to hunt. I'd love to see more pics of that rack.
kenny