PDA

View Full Version : Mt. Gladstone

SavageShooter
07-07-2007, 10:49 AM
Has anyone hiked MT. Gladstone. Where is the best access trail? Any tips?

THanks,

SS

huntingfamily
07-07-2007, 05:53 PM
Hey SS,

We hiked up there a few years ago.
Take the Paulson detour road between Christina Lake and the Paulson summit. That gets onto the old CPR railway bed, heading north. About 3 km along the grade, the trailhead heads west, near Hooper creek. At the time it wasn't marked, so we just watched carefully for it and found it.
Saw some muleys, and I talked to a couple locals that said there are monsters up there. :)

Cheers

4blade
07-07-2007, 05:57 PM
you are not that ambitious, mister .there is a new logging road heading that way but i think there is a road closure on it.second that on some nice muleys coming out of there in the past.looks pretty nice on google earth

Monashee
07-07-2007, 07:27 PM
Been there a couple times , there is or was a cairn with a jar for signing your name in on the highest peak to the north accessed by a sawback ridge. Pretty country , the sun is much more intense up that high - take'er slow and drink lots of water, sunglasses mandatory in the summer. Spent a very loud night there once during a thunderstorm that must have been right on top of us. Saw my first red snow up there back in 1986. There is water at the edge of the treeline in places.

It is hunted by more than a few.

that new road sure makes it easier , before you had to earn it and I think that was for the best.

SavageShooter
07-07-2007, 10:12 PM
4Blade, you just never mind. If you would just show me some of your honey holes then I wouldn't need to look for my own.:-D

SS

palmer
07-11-2007, 12:36 PM
If You are looking for a BIG muley there are alot better spots around than Gladstone...and hunted way less too. You are in the right area just need to look at other peaks close by.

Palmer