PDA

View Full Version : I have a anterless mulie tag for 5-14

Baba Ganoosh
07-06-2007, 09:49 PM
Hey gang, new to the forum!!! I drew a mulie tag for 5-14, i'm going to take my son who is 11 and hunt with a juniors licence off my tag. I was going to go mid to late Nov. and was thinking Meldrum Creek area. Never hunted this area before, any info would be appreciated.

BCrams
07-06-2007, 10:00 PM
I would just go hunt the Junction area where the vehicle traffic is limited and you can go for short walks above the breaks.

Always lots of does kicking around in there and you might surprise yourself with an opportunity for a buck as well.

Baba Ganoosh
07-06-2007, 10:11 PM
Well thanks for the info, I was hoping to have two tags left by then incase I do see a big buck while we are there!!

Jelvis
07-06-2007, 10:44 PM
Baba Ganoosh, goin huntin hey! M.U. 5:14, Riske Creek Access to 5:14 from HWY 20 west of Riske creek via the Riske Creek road system, fair mulies, occasional moose. Also access from Meldrum Creek rd from Hwy 20, just passed turnoff to Riske creek about 20k or less is the road to Raven Lake another good spot. The local yokels like Raven Lake area. Good luck you will hit the mulie rut at that time too. Jel

CanuckShooter
07-07-2007, 12:06 PM
You can find deer througout the entire area, just be prepared for the weather and poor road conditions of mid to late november. You can expect snow, icy roads and cold weather well into the minus degree range. We have hunted Meldrum in nov for over 20 years now....and never go home empty handed....good luck.

Jelvis
07-07-2007, 02:23 PM
It looks like if you go north from Riske Creek for 20 k max, or keep going on the hwy 20 west from Riske Creek about to Raven Lake turnoff, in between those looks good especially late in Nov, above hwy, where there is some drainage and bushes if roads are snowy, and make sure it's crown land. Go up towards Raven Lake a bit and go in east, should check that out, take plenty of pictures for us to check the looks of your deer, and scenery. Good Hunting Baba

tufferthandug
07-07-2007, 03:47 PM
Is it a 5-14 A or B?