PDA

View Full Version : Duck hunting help

mrtires24
12-31-2016, 10:34 AM
Duck And Geese!!! Help please.

As you can see by my signature, This is my first year hunting. I have learned a tremendous amount during pre hunting scouting in the spring and through to the end of the regular hunting season. Put 4500km on my truck going out and exploring.

Now I am switching my learning to Duck Hunting. As some of you may know, I am new to hunting and don't have many friends that are into it.

I don't know where to go for duck hunting. So if anyone is willing to share a location, or even offer to take me along, that would be greatly appreciated. More Importantly, Please help me with any tips and advice. I am starting to read other duck hunting posts and learning from them.

You can PM me to keep locations secret.

I recently bought a brand new shot gun. have neoprene hip waders. I also Have a canoe, But I think I would prefer on land right now.

I am a bit limited due to weather as I have a snow blowing and salting CO.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Has anyone gone down by Pitt Lake anywhere? near the marshes? anywhere in abby? deroche? chilliwack. ( I live in Maple Ridge)

therise
12-31-2016, 09:20 PM
Try the Waterfowl Hunting forum. You will have good luck with the search funtion for the questions you have asked.

snipersights
01-01-2017, 08:18 AM
Man you get out a lot eh lol I am the same every weekend or day off. Anyway not sure about the mainland but if you're ever on Vancouver island let me know and I'll show you some spots

snipersights
01-02-2017, 08:53 AM
Ps what about bear count??