PDA

View Full Version : Who's planning...

walks with deer
12-29-2016, 10:35 PM
Is it bad..? I had a great fall I saw a lot of country brought home a tonne of meat, had some gret exploring met new freinds..

And I am already figuring out next season..

I may just need to prioritize some bucket list item's.

HarryToolips
12-29-2016, 10:51 PM
It ain't bad, I'm already doing the same thing, I just have certain LEH plans, then when I don't get drawn like normal, I fall back on my GOS plans...

leadpillproductions
12-29-2016, 10:51 PM
End of the season , start planning next year season sounds about right

Kopper
12-29-2016, 11:06 PM
It would be bad if you weren't already planning lol

Andrewh
12-29-2016, 11:14 PM
Two seasons....

1) Hunting season

2) Getting ready for hunting season

Everett
12-29-2016, 11:30 PM
I am planning hard hoping I can do one more fly in this August/September depending on wealth and health one more shot at Caribou/Sheep would be sweet .

"No Choke"Lord Walsingham
12-30-2016, 02:14 AM
I have been too busy being injured and sick the past few days to do what I was planning on - Getting out for some Winter Small Game and/or Predator Hunting! I already feel like I am getting a bit cabin fever/shack nasty-ish and playing the fool, spending WAY too much time online. Have slept under 6 hours in several days despite spending most of these days laying in bed. Unfornately looks like I'll be cooped up for the foreseeable... Unless I just force myself to get out there! Hunting never ends, only the target species changes. Way too much to do and way too little time.

Anyhow enough of my crying about and stinkin' up HBC! Planning Hunts is a great idea... Yeah, this oughtta be just the ticket to get my lameassed self through this lurgy time!

Thank You

warnniklz
12-30-2016, 09:29 AM
I'm already planning, just trying to get buddy's to commit for next season. Hopefully caribou August/September, moose end of September, bighorns in October, goats early November, mule deer late November.

SaintSix
12-30-2016, 09:41 AM
I start my planning after I get back from the major hunt of the year. At least for different equipment do's and don'ts. But this time of year I try to decide what goal is going to be for next year if LEH doesn't come through for me. Its also a good time to get back to the gym after a turkey coma, never to early to start training for the mountains.

bang flop
12-30-2016, 09:59 AM
Hmmm.... Fishing season belongs in here somewhere as well I think

Two seasons....

1) Hunting season

Moe.JKU
12-30-2016, 10:04 AM
Just looking into spring season as Might be moving to the reg 4 area come fall so plans will change if that happens.

two-feet
12-30-2016, 12:58 PM
I start planning the next years hunt on the last few days of the current season. Then i obsessively look over maps and google earth for months. The result is that i am quite well prepared by the time the hunt comes around. I have hunted a new area for moose 4 years in a row and next year should be the same again. Just love checking out this province.

moosinaround
12-30-2016, 01:32 PM
I am always planning trips for next year, 2 yrs down the road, gives a fellow time to do proper research, scouting, ect. Spring bear trip already planned, at least 1 of the many trips for spring bear, looking at elk and moose options, found some new deer ground this year that I am hoping to get back into. Then there are all the local spots that I enjoy putting my cameras in and try to find the elusive spike forks in. Never too early to start planning next years hunt! Moosin

panhead
12-30-2016, 01:55 PM
When you are retired ... just figure how long you want to be away, stock up, and go.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Justin, Kathleen, and Rachel … look in the mirror and do the right thing for Canada. Step down and let some adults take charge. Canada just can’t afford you anymore.

walks with deer
01-02-2017, 07:34 PM
Must be nice panhead

I like to make sure I am in prime spots for prime dates.

walks with deer
01-02-2017, 07:38 PM
Eg elk rut moose rut deer rut open seasons.. first frost..

Wild one
01-02-2017, 07:55 PM
It never stops lol

Squamch
01-02-2017, 08:20 PM
Of course! Who knows if the plans will pan out, but I've always got plans!

BillyBull
01-02-2017, 08:50 PM
I'm always planning (diito - moosinaround) but dam would i like to be building bucket lists and planning like ( panhead does ). Always seem to be thinking about those mountain valleys, trying to get away, where to maybe try for different adventures, and it kicks the urge and excitement going during those days when I'm not out hunting and fishing or heading there.....

Chopper
01-02-2017, 10:40 PM
Is it bad..? I had a great fall I saw a lot of country brought home a tonne of meat, had some gret exploring met new freinds..

And I am already figuring out next season..

I may just need to prioritize some bucket list item's.

Are you kidding ?!!!!! next season is currently consuming my life ! All i do is google earth my new spot, sit on HBC, and watch hunting on youtube .... I am literally watching the second hand on the clock ... counting down for next season.

Its killing me ! i just had a bit of a conversation about this with SPY today, VIA PM

I litterally cannot wait !

untilthelastbeat
01-02-2017, 10:47 PM
Me and my buddy were planning out next season well before this season was over haha just how we are.

untilthelastbeat
01-02-2017, 10:47 PM
I'm already planning, just trying to get buddy's to commit for next season. Hopefully caribou August/September, moose end of September, bighorns in October, goats early November, mule deer late November.

Now that's a season!

walks with deer
01-02-2017, 10:48 PM
Well I m lucky enough I can hike out my yard and see game saw a bobcat two days ago.

Gonna chase cougar, then, turkey, than bear, fish, site in, than hunt..

But a whole lot of map reading even though I have good spots lol.. yota and I where talking about new gear allnd da y lol.

walks with deer
01-02-2017, 10:49 PM
New gear all day. Funny thing I we have to much gear already lol.

Tifferly
01-03-2017, 12:05 AM
We are very lucky to have our little slice of paradise right at home on our new property, and after over a year of just watching trends on TCs and tracking all sorts of critters, I finally got my first deer ever this year. I'm hooked!

So now I am planning food/hide plots and tracking movement on everybody as stealthily as I can. Saw some really nice bull moose tracks out there in the fresh snow yesterday (snuffling for hay in our barn), and already have at least 2 decent WT bucks who have stuck around. My main goals are to attempt to encourage the WT does to rear on the property, see if I can entice the mulies to come back, and punch more paper in my off season. I seem to be creating a ton of work for myself, but it's all fun work :)

Sniperdan
01-06-2017, 12:38 AM
It's good to know that I am not the only one! Always thinking about and planning for next season! I just wish my hunting buddies were as committed as I am.

pg83
01-06-2017, 07:17 AM
I'm going for it hard this year.
Bears all spring. Hopefully a grizz tag.
Stones in August
Elk in September
Moose October
Deer whenever they fit in and November
LEH success will cause slight shifts in time line.

It's gonna be by far my busiest hunting year and I can't wait!

Backwoods
01-06-2017, 12:14 PM
I'm going for it hard this year.
Bears all spring. Hopefully a grizz tag.
Stones in August
Elk in September
Moose October
Deer whenever they fit in and November
LEH success will cause slight shifts in time line.
It's gonna be by far my busiest hunting year and I can't wait!

X2!! 2016 so far was my busiest season with work slowing right down in northern bc gave me a lot of opportunity to shed hunt, scout, few stone sheep hunts followed by elk,moose, deer and predators, and continues into 2017!! Eyes are already burning from countless hours on google earth and maps! Good luck to all in your adventures in 2017!
-Backwoods

Hunterguy
01-06-2017, 05:53 PM
The Moose is Loose Lodge motto, Fail to prepare, Prepare to Fail!

Wolfkrieg
01-06-2017, 07:55 PM
It's good to know that I am not the only one! Always thinking about and planning for next season! I just wish my hunting buddies were as committed as I am.

I hear you. I feel like i'm an obsessive asshole when talking to my older brother about the next hunt when it's 8 months away and he's like huh?? Lol. Half the fun to me is planning the next set of adventures and visualizing the potential success.

walks with deer
01-06-2017, 09:32 PM
U m I get in shit at all family events becuse all I do is plan the next

HarryToolips
01-06-2017, 09:33 PM
^^^^same here, people can't believe how I plan for 9 or 10 months down the road....come May (when the bears really start coming out) I plan to hunt spring black bear with only my recurve, can't wait to spot and stalk and hopefully thwack one..

walks with deer
01-06-2017, 10:26 PM
I have shot 2 at 10yards.. had to refind my adrenaline somwhere they had almost 20 inch skulls and te one did a perfect back flip lol

greybark
01-07-2017, 12:54 AM
I have been too busy being injured and sick the past few days to do what I was planning on - Getting out for some Winter Small Game and/or Predator Hunting! I already feel like I am getting a bit cabin fever/shack nasty-ish and playing the fool, spending WAY too much time online. Have slept under 6 hours in several days despite spending most of these days laying in bed. Unfornately looks like I'll be cooped up for the foreseeable... Unless I just force myself to get out there! Hunting never ends, only the target species changes. Way too much to do and way too little time.

Anyhow enough of my crying about and stinkin' up HBC! Planning Hunts is a great idea... Yeah, this oughtta be just the ticket to get my lameassed self through this lurgy time!

Thank You

Hope you get back on your feet soon and start enjoying "17" .
Cheers

HarryToolips
01-07-2017, 09:19 PM
I have shot 2 at 10yards.. had to refind my adrenaline somwhere they had almost 20 inch skulls and te one did a perfect back flip lol
Wicked,-ya-ive-stalked-to-within-20-of-em-before-stupid-nospacebarglitch..they-are-real-easy-in-the-spring-at-certain-times..

two-feet
01-07-2017, 09:44 PM
Shit, I cant wait for spring bear! And fall bear

decker9
01-08-2017, 07:10 AM
I'm planning, on finding a 10" billy today, mind you I said that yesterday too, maybe today's the day ;)

Wild one
01-08-2017, 07:42 AM
I think I have bigger issues than most I don't stop planning some hunts I start planning years in advance. I drive my wife crazy with the fact my map books are always on the coffee table lol. I don't stop exploring and researching my options.

If it is locations near by I am checking them out combined with cutting firewood or fishing. I never stop looking lol

kennyj
01-08-2017, 08:43 AM
Two seasons....

1) Hunting season

What he said.

kenny

BRrooster
01-08-2017, 04:19 PM
More bullets......different bullets?
more powder......different powder?
primers.....LR? LRM?
new boots....
where to go
LEH?
when
who's coming?

Ohwildwon
01-08-2017, 06:11 PM
Have a beautiful color phase B Bear north of squamish ill be after april 1st...

Set up the cam 2 weeks before and see where this big boar is at!

"No Choke"Lord Walsingham
01-08-2017, 07:38 PM
Hope you get back on your feet soon and start enjoying "17" .
Cheers

The Hunt planning has certainly come in handy and I credit it with expediting my healing process! All good, shall be out again any day now! Very much looking forward to my first Hunt of '17. Planning to make it for Snowshoe Hare yet may try blowin' on the call a bit to see if I can get some Predators to commit!

Not only is Hunting great for a person, even planning creates a positive mindset that's very healthy.

bacon_overlord
01-14-2017, 04:09 PM
I'm definitely planning already! Itching for spring bear...

MichelD
01-14-2017, 05:06 PM
Always thinking of an LEH moose spot.

walks with deer
01-14-2017, 10:11 PM
Yup the going to get firewood is a great excuse to get out...sometimes it takes me longer to get than other days...lol

My favorite is when I come home with a deer onop of he firewood pile...lol

Just lucky I guess I didnt hunt all. Morning lol..

anotherkiwi
01-16-2017, 01:34 AM
I just finish my hunt planning for the year. Hope it turns out half as good as I'm thinking haha - Red & fallow stags now until April, bull tahr rut in May, archery moose rut late Sept, archery bear early sept and then chamois in Oct.

Wild one
01-16-2017, 04:39 AM
Yup the going to get firewood is a great excuse to get out...sometimes it takes me longer to get than other days...lol

My favorite is when I come home with a deer onop of he firewood pile...lol

Just lucky I guess I didnt hunt all. Morning lol..

I always get a funny look from the wife and the " you got side tracked again" when I am gone all day only to return with a 1/2 load of firewood lol

eric
01-16-2017, 06:18 AM
some of this yrs plans will depend on LEH
Planning on getting a couple of Black Bears this Spring.
Will be doing a fuel drop in July for our Sheep hunt in Sept.
Life is great...

LeverActionJunkie
01-16-2017, 06:48 AM
I just finish my hunt planning for the year. Hope it turns out half as good as I'm thinking haha - Red & fallow stags now until April, bull tahr rut in May, archery moose rut late Sept, archery bear early sept and then chamois in Oct.

Sounds like a great time! Always wanted to see New Zealand. Hope you have lots of success and share the pictures :)

Rob
01-16-2017, 08:49 AM
8-9 day Stone/Goat hunt in September up North that I am looking forward to, haven't quite decided on a fly in or hike in but we have our spots chosen with plan b areas as well. Just need to get the Stratospire 1 and a quilt. 4 day alpine Mulie hunt as well. Would like to concentrate on Elk this year (reg 8) as I have yet to hunt them. but Ill see how that goes. would like to scout another decent whitetail area... Yes the planning is fun..:)

Rob