PDA

View Full Version : Bow only season

pupper
07-05-2007, 06:56 PM
so now that the LEH results are on the table...
What are you guys going to do for the season we practise all year for???

(archery season) in case you didnt know:mrgreen:

jessbennett
07-05-2007, 08:23 PM
elk in the kootenays man........ elk in the kootenays..... white tail at the same time. heck chuck a turkey in there for good measure. then when i get back, got a moose draw to fill. bow hopefully.8)

The Hermit
07-05-2007, 08:49 PM
elk in the kootenays, white tail doe in Kelowna, blacktail on VI, maybe my LEH moose too.

yote
07-06-2007, 02:33 PM
Elk and whitetails in the Kootenays and blacktails on the island for me. I will be switching between my new cross bow and my old Martin compound. I really want to take an elk with the crossbow this year then some Whities with the bow.

Less than two months to go:):)

Gateholio
07-06-2007, 03:22 PM
Maybe I wil buy a crossbow, a week before th eseason starts, and have at er...:mrgreen::-D8)

Bow Walker
07-06-2007, 04:16 PM
Day hunt(s) on the lower end of the Island here if work allows. Most likely not this year.

yote
07-09-2007, 08:52 AM
Gatehouse.

Why bother buying one, I'll lend you mine:)

mooseless
07-10-2007, 10:31 PM
I plan to buy cross bow, practise and try too for elk in Kootneys, I,ve been practising with my brothers and it is quite accurate and fun.

Elkhound
07-10-2007, 10:34 PM
going to alberta for elk.....

Deerwhacker
07-17-2007, 10:34 PM
elk in the kootenays man........ elk in the kootenays..... white tail at the same time. heck chuck a turkey in there for good measure. then when i get back, got a moose draw to fill. bow hopefully.8) Im doing exactly the same got my area down pat and i know where im gunna whap and elk this year

bruin
07-18-2007, 12:24 AM
I am headed to alberta, did you know their bow season for deer in the central region last for September and October. I hunted every weekend and sometimes during the week and never saw another hunter, and some of the biggest deer of my life, can't wait to go back and start hunting

yote
07-18-2007, 10:20 AM
It took us a half hour on opener to get our elk last year, we have our area down pat and just have to be lucky enough to be on the path that hey decide to choose that day when they exit the fields. Alfalfa fed elk is pretty hard to beat!

I am looking forward to harvesting one with the new crossbow this year as well as some"collateral damage" whitetails that may come along. I can't wait, a month and a half and it all begins!!

Goos luck to you guys!

The Hermit
07-20-2007, 09:33 PM
Early season blacktails on the island in a bow only season too!! I should ge a couple days in before heading off to the Loot for Elk! I know its bad this year... I woke up in the middle of the night last night... dreaming about screamers!! Elk that is!! ;-)

jessbennett
07-20-2007, 11:07 PM
ahhhh hermit you have the bug this year.....:mrgreen:...... im a t the point now, where i think about elk all day long. i even walk around the shop with my diaphragm calls practicing my cow call and bugle w/ the diaphragm. its a horrible sickness isnt it??????? not......8)

xtremearchery
07-23-2007, 08:23 AM
Likely hunting locally for either mulies or blackies. Doing some scouting next weekend.

willyqbc
07-23-2007, 08:51 AM
just hunting around home for the early archery season, then heading north for elk the second week of Sept.

Chris

BlacktailStalker
07-23-2007, 09:35 AM
Opening bow on the monster blacktails I've been watching and then off for the 9 day elk season on the mainland.