PDA

View Full Version : Holsters from the US?

papaken
12-17-2016, 08:32 PM
Would anyone know if you are allowed to bring revolver holsters back from the US? Are they a listed item? Thanks

Slinky Pickle
12-17-2016, 08:36 PM
I ordered one online and it came up with no issues.

islandhunter
12-18-2016, 09:10 AM
No problem

Bonz
12-18-2016, 09:20 AM
all depends if they look at that package. some do lose gear. if their looking. now n then homeland security grabs stuff that is legal but they are denying it anyways

Trapper
12-18-2016, 11:45 AM
I went down to a shipping outlet in Montana and picked up my Holster no problem. even talked to US Customs on the way down and they said it was perfectly fine.

Bonz
12-18-2016, 12:26 PM
I went down to a shipping outlet in Montana and picked up my Holster no problem. even talked to US Customs on the way down and they said it was perfectly fine.

i know guys have had archery gear or even a plain wood stock taken in line before. they do random spot checks and walk the line up. they dont care if its legal. they take it.
the excuse on the wood stock was possible bugs, lol. he had no paperwork to prove it was treated. made up an excuse basicly

Bonz
12-18-2016, 12:26 PM
and its homeland security doing that. not reg borer guys at bottom of the pole

boxhitch
12-18-2016, 06:07 PM
wtf why would homeland security be worried about what is being taken out of country?
smelly

and what are they asking when they get to the car door?

mrdoog
12-18-2016, 10:19 PM
and its homeland security doing that. not reg borer guys at bottom of the pole
Homeland Security is comprised of several agencies, one of which is CPB, CPB conducts export checks, as well as running the ports of entry. So be nice to the officer on the way into the US, as you may encounter the same one on the way back to Canada.

mrdoog
12-18-2016, 10:29 PM
[QUOTE=boxhitch;1859296]wtf why would homeland security be worried about what is being taken out of country?

They are worried that Canada will become an easy conduit to ship military arms and technology to countries shouldn't have them.
unfortunately, the export control list doesn't readily exempt items used for hunting and other legitimate reasons.
Canada has it's own export control list.

Bonz
12-19-2016, 08:34 AM
wtf why would homeland security be worried about what is being taken out of country?
smelly

and what are they asking when they get to the car door?

i wasnt in the car with them to know what exactly was asked. im sure similar to the ones in the booth ahead in line up
been doing that off and on with spot checks since 9/11 actualy

Bonz
12-19-2016, 08:35 AM
Homeland Security is comprised of several agencies, one of which is CPB, CPB conducts export checks, as well as running the ports of entry. So be nice to the officer on the way into the US, as you may encounter the same one on the way back to Canada.

no worries, just send mine to a legit bizz addy. then your ok. they only want gear going to vendors and not public

David Heitsman
12-19-2016, 04:34 PM
Brought one into Canada a month ago for a friend. No problems. Just make certain you declare it.

high and to the right
12-19-2016, 04:44 PM
Most of the hunting/shooting items that are asked about on this site (holsters, bullets, scopes, etc) are legal to bring into Canada by declaring them. It's only in the US that many of them are classed as illegal for you to possess while in the US. If there is a gun/hunting show in the US, there will likely be people along the US side of the border checking for possible infractions before you get to the Canadian side. Yes, they do profile and they do listen to conversations in vehicles with listening devices so your conversation, truck, camo hat, chewing tobacco and spitting out the window may single you out for some questions. But if you get past them and to the Canadian border you are OK. Many US stores will not sell ammunition, etc to Canadians and will ask for US status.

Bonz
12-19-2016, 07:15 PM
ya all the ones ive heard from is all on usa side