PDA

View Full Version : 7A Moose regulation

Arctic Lake
12-15-2016, 09:18 PM
Guy's could someone explain the moose calf regulation for 2017 for Mu 7-2 to 7-15, 7-17, 7-18,
7-24 to 7-30,7-38. If I read it right for 2016 it was a restricted to under 18 and those 65 and over.
But a footnote says in 2017 the general open season will be from October 6 to October 15.

Does this mean calves will be open to all in 2017 or will it still be restricted to the above ages ?

Thanks
Arctic Lake

monasheemountainman
12-15-2016, 09:44 PM
​still restricted ages

"No Choke"Lord Walsingham
12-15-2016, 09:48 PM
Ya, my reading of the regs just now indicates there to be calves for other ages BCRH's in 7-16 and 7-23 - Two MU's only. Not the areas you mention, Arctic Lake. Dates are listed of Oct 1 - 25th.

f350ps
12-15-2016, 10:04 PM
So very simple, read what the symbols say! K

Arctic Lake
12-16-2016, 08:14 AM
So very simple, read what the symbols say! K

Care to let me know what the symbol says to you ? I read it and I'm just not clear on it . That's why I asked .
Thanks !
Arctic Lake

Arctic Lake
12-16-2016, 08:28 AM
Ya, my reading of the regs just now indicates there to be calves for other ages BCRH's in 7-16 and 7-23 - Two MU's only. Not the areas you mention, Arctic Lake. Dates are listed of Oct 1 - 25th.

Yes I get that part . But when you read down further in the green shaded area and it mentions youth and senior hunt at the end of that line there is a footnote at the end of the dates. At the bottom of the footnotes it says " In 2017 the General Open Season will be from Oct 6 - Oct 15. To me a General Open Season does not mean a age restricted season

Maybe I should call the CO
Thanks
Arctic Lake

Big Hoss
12-16-2016, 09:20 AM
The symbols say it's still a GOS for under 18 yrs and 65 and older the only thing that changes for 2017 is the dates

dmaxtech
12-16-2016, 11:10 AM
GOS can be age restricted, it just indicates that the dates for that opportunity in 2017 will be from Oct 6 - 15.

f350ps
12-16-2016, 01:35 PM
Care to let me know what the symbol says to you ? I read it and I'm just not clear on it . That's why I asked .
Thanks !
Arctic Lake
Unless you're a youth or senior you can only hunt 7-16 and 7-23 from Oct. 01 to the 25th. The youth and senior season in all those other sub regions is from Oct.07 to the 16th this year and Oct.06 to the 15th in 2017. Read the symbols! K

Arctic Lake
12-16-2016, 02:34 PM
Okay fellas I have it ! I just think when you mention GOS it means all hunters, I see now that it's not the case. I would have worded it a little differently .
Thanks to all of you for clearing things up !
Arctic Lake

"No Choke"Lord Walsingham
12-16-2016, 04:08 PM
Glad you've got it figured!

Sure does make sense what you were thinking before, since GOS means any BC Resident Hunter from a rational and logical, reasonable standpoint. Thing is that rational reasonable and logical are anethema to gov't in Canada, especially BC!
These seasons, to me, are not GOS but are listed in with the GOS as they are handouts for special interest groups like archery seasons. Difference is these seasons are even more exclusive as there are very very few Hunters between these ages that will participate. Anyone who can afford archery equipment can participate in those seasons, Indians are on their very own ethnicity based plain of handouts in canada.

These regs are agist AF, it's how it goes. Get used to weird regs, this is not equality and liberty for all. Wrong country for that! As a Hunter in BC, you'll soon develop an eye for gov't strange ways and be able to see what they are trying to say. You better, because they'd love nothing more than further opress the people via jails and fines for not understanding their BS.

Arctic Lake
12-17-2016, 12:16 PM
Glad you've got it figured!

Sure does make sense what you were thinking before, since GOS means any BC Resident Hunter from a rational and logical, reasonable standpoint. Thing is that rational reasonable and logical are anethema to gov't in Canada, especially BC!
These seasons, to me, are not GOS but are listed in with the GOS as they are handouts for special interest groups like archery seasons. Difference is these seasons are even more exclusive as there are very very few Hunters between these ages that will participate. Anyone who can afford archery equipment can participate in those seasons, Indians are on their very own ethnicity based plain of handouts in canada.

These regs are agist AF, it's how it goes. Get used to weird regs, this is not equality and liberty for all. Wrong country for that! As a Hunter in BC, you'll soon develop an eye for gov't strange ways and be able to see what they are trying to say. You better, because they'd love nothing more than further opress the people via jails and fines for not understanding their BS.

Thanks ! It's like the legal system and the use of words which is alien to most of us .
Arctic Lake

J_06
12-18-2016, 02:31 AM