PDA

View Full Version : Sheep gun slings

leadpillproductions
12-14-2016, 11:54 AM
Whats everyone using for there slings and studs for there sheep guns . Going to send my 7mm saum in for some work new wildcat and some metal work, got me wondering about sling and stud options

Andrewh
12-15-2016, 09:21 AM
no sling for me...

I keep my rifle in my pack as sheep hunting isn't a 'quick, there is a ram, shoot it' type of hunt. Takes lots of time before the trigger is pulled so plenty of time to get out of my bag.

Everett
12-15-2016, 10:18 AM
Best sling on the market
http://www.sloganoutdoors.com/products.html

Brno22F
12-15-2016, 04:10 PM
no sling for me...

I keep my rifle in my pack as sheep hunting isn't a 'quick, there is a ram, shoot it' type of hunt. Takes lots of time before the trigger is pulled so plenty of time to get out of my bag.

I do something similar. The rifle is in a Kiraru Gunbearer when I am hiking with the pack on my back. The sling on the rifle is a very basic piece of 1.5 inch nylon webbing from Uncle Mikes. Simple, strong secure and best of all it is light weight.

SR80
12-16-2016, 07:23 AM
no sling for me either, on sheep trips its in my gun bearer or on the pack. Deer and everything else its in my hands .

BgBlkDg
12-16-2016, 07:47 AM
I have several Gunbearers, usually use these as each of my packs is so rigged as I dislike having to change bits and pieces from pack to pack.

I do use a light nylon strap type sling, tho', forget the make and just keep it handy should I want it.

zippermouth
12-16-2016, 07:59 AM
My rifle doesn't leave my side so I like a sling to hold on to. I got a custom 5oz thick leather sling made from a member on CGN. It's only 1" thick except for where it would sit on your shoulder is wider. Works great but is slightly heavier than a nylon sling. I like the look and feel of leather and I'm not all that picky about shaving ounces.

Rhyno
12-16-2016, 07:27 PM
I really like the kirafu gun bearer, I run it without a sling for all mountain hunts.

.264winmag
12-17-2016, 02:09 AM
Run a cheap light rubbery Stoney point. Whatever is light. Can see the point of not packing a sling, but it also comes in handy for myself on sheep and goats for a final stalk minus a pack. Would rate it next to a bipod for efficiency...

SaintSix
12-17-2016, 08:41 AM
Although I haven't targeted sheep. I used gun bearer on my backpack hunt this year. It was good but make sure that it closes properly or the rifle will slide out. Plan on bringing it on all future hunts now

Thunderstix
12-17-2016, 05:58 PM
Been using a Kifaru Gunvearer for over 15 years and will never use anything else....can't stand a sling.