PDA

View Full Version : Buck Knives

1/2 slam
07-05-2007, 09:49 AM
My buddy phoned them up to see if they could repair 2 old folding Bucks. They told him to send them down. He did and they sent him 2 brand new knives. Was he happy. What an outstanding way to do business. Anyone else had an experience like that?

Mr. Dean
07-05-2007, 10:10 AM
They are a bunch of GREAT people. I know of simular examples of their commitment to customer service.

MichelD
07-05-2007, 10:26 AM
I had a Boker folder that the lock failed on when I was shoulder deep into a bear's guts and closed up on my knuckles.

Sent it in to the US distributor and they replaced it.

Bushnell replaced my 28 year old binoculars this year when I sent them in 'casue they were seeing double.

The broken ones were a better set before they broke though.

sawmill
07-05-2007, 04:00 PM
Where did he send them? I have one that the lock broke on and I haven`t chucked it yet.I really liked that knife.:cry:

Tarp Man
07-05-2007, 09:25 PM
Buck knives is like that. They warranty all their stuff and will even put the factory edge back on if you send it too. Great knives for decent price.

Rock Doctor
07-05-2007, 09:32 PM
Gerber did the same for me with one of my big "Bowey" type knives, they sent me a new one after mine was used to CHOP:evil: through the leg bones of a moose. It had chips 1/4 - 1/2" deep into the blade.

Leatherman has similar service, they have sent 4 new leatherman Waves to me to replace damaged ones. (one of them was not really damaged, it was just getting loose and sloppy so I broke the plyers tips of with a vise and sent it back to them)