PDA

View Full Version : Is BIGGER BETTER ???

ydouask
12-12-2016, 09:45 PM
:?: So this past Mule Deer season found my #2 son and myself putting in a week or so in the new Deluxe Wall Tent ( 12'x14'x5') with the old Woodsman wood stove. It has been doing great service for ten years or so in the West Kootenays where the temperature is usually above -10*C. We are thinking about going into much colder areas in the future as our Mule Deer Populations are still in the tank. We're thinking KWIK KAMP octagon stoves look pretty good . These folks make two versions of the same type of woodstove. The smaller one is rated sufficient for our size of tent. Can you think of any reason NOT to get the bigger unit which would be more than adequate for heat production and run longer than the smaller stove?
The larger stove is rated to put out 12,000 BTU's on it's lowest setting. Could this just be too HOT for comfort?

lip_ripper00
12-12-2016, 10:26 PM
My 2 cents, of you have been out retrieving an animal in the cold and wet, you get back to camp fire up the stove, do you want adequate or do you want awesome? no brainer to me, I can open the door if it gets too warm

Seymourarm
12-12-2016, 10:31 PM
You can get away with lower quality firewood if you got bigger stove. and if it lasts longer during nite ! perfect