PDA

View Full Version : Best type of game camera

NorthBcMoose
12-12-2016, 05:42 PM
I know this been brought up before. I've had a bit of luck with spy point but I've had 3 stealth cams fail on me and a primos one. Wondering what's the best ones. Been having a hard time pulling the trigger on one of the reconyx ones due to the price.

Iltasyuko
12-12-2016, 05:53 PM
Browning Strike Force Elite - can be found on sale @ $150 easily. So far so good for us.

MAMMOET
12-12-2016, 06:40 PM
I used to buy the cheaper wild game innovation cams.
They work well but they have no audio.
I then switched to primos proof cam 2.
They are a nice cam with good resolution and have audio as well.
Havent had one fail yet.
They are on sale this week at CT!!
You wont be disappointed with the quality. Check out reviews on primos proof cam 2.
Had to return 2 stealth cams myself.

ghunter4x4
12-12-2016, 07:26 PM
I use the UWAY cameras. I have 3 and they are great. Never an issue.

dblung
12-12-2016, 09:26 PM
If you want educated reviews check out trailcampro.com. From what I can tell they are unbiased as they sell all brands not two or three. It is a super informative site on choosing the right cam for you, explaining all of the different features and trail cam set up. Just keep in mind this is a U.S. site and some of the newer cameras can take a while to make distribution in Canada. The last ones I bought, this past spring, were the Browning Spec Ops with no complaints as of yet.

If I could I would have all Reconyx cams but like you can't justify. With all the theft happening around us I'm not leaving $500+ strapped to a tree.

todbartell
12-12-2016, 09:44 PM
I really like my new Spypoint SOLAR so far. Takes great video

hunter1947
12-13-2016, 07:06 AM
I have started to by the wildgame evolution its a great camera for your bucks 100.00 and if someone steals it you're not out a lot of money,,I don't use the video feature because the number of animals show up the batt would be dead sometimes i have 4000 animals appear in a two week period on some areas I have my cam set out,,O ya mt wildgame will take videos as well for the 100.00 bucks.

Bonz
12-13-2016, 07:36 AM
bushnells for me. tried other. all went back.
ill second that trailcam pro for reviews, i use it all the time to
heard decent reviews on them brownings.

BCHunterFSJ
12-13-2016, 10:41 AM
My vote goes to the Browning as well!

Dougielightning
12-13-2016, 11:24 AM
Got two Brownings had good results fairly economical as well good video

LuckyIfYouGetOne
12-13-2016, 12:21 PM
I have a G45NG Pro Stealth Cam, a Bushnell 14mp HD Aggressor, and Exodus, and used all three for this last season. Literally just ordered two more exodus trail cams about two weeks ago. You can clearly see which one out of the three I tried worked the best. Exodus also has the best warranty out there on trail cams. Check out there website: http://exodusoutdoorgear.com/

Bonz
12-13-2016, 02:02 PM
dont be fooled by big megapixel on them either. their usualy no more than 4 or so. the rest is a faked image.

http://www.trailcampro.com/pages/5-most-common-trail-camera-myths

ELKAHOLICS
01-29-2017, 01:09 PM
Hi . I have been using several Cabelas outfitter ir trail camera for years. Tried couple others. But will buy more of these. Always use video ,better footage audio is excellent . Makes for excellent video of season

ELKAHOLICS
01-29-2017, 01:13 PM
Sorry forgot to mention. Black infrared is not seen by people and does not spook wildlife at all. Blends in so well hard for me to find when I go back to pick up

Dougielightning
01-29-2017, 01:31 PM
My two Brownings eat batteries in -10. To -20 weather otherwise a great camera

Sitkaspruce
01-29-2017, 07:51 PM
My two Brownings eat batteries in -10. To -20 weather otherwise a great camera

Try Energizer Lithiums. I run reg batteries in my Browning until Nov, them switch to Lithiums and after 2 months on video (over 500 20 sec videos) with temps as low as -30, they are still at 97%.

Cheers

SS

Brian011
01-29-2017, 10:14 PM
I have a lot of different cams and I've been happy with most of them.
The best ones I've found are browning and bushnell. I'm also happy with my primos, Uway, moultries and spypoint cams. The oldest stealth cams were garbage but I think the new ones are better.
i would recommend using the energizer lithium batteries in any cams you use. The cams work way better and the the batteries last over a year without worrying about them dying.

James52
02-09-2017, 08:13 PM
I like the Brownings…..have had Moultrie's as well but prefer the Brownings….faster trigger speed…..does not eat batteries as fast….