PDA

View Full Version : Hunting and Fishing with the wife

hotload
07-04-2007, 08:39 PM
How many of you call this fortunate like I do to be able to hunt and fish with the wife. It sure allows me a lot more hunting time without any complaining. The only drawback I can see is if she, out river fishes me, out lake fishes me or actually out hunts me. Ya never hear the end of it.

Barracuda
07-04-2007, 08:43 PM
yup the wife is a hook and bullet kinda Gal :mrgreen:

mark
07-04-2007, 08:54 PM
yup the wife is a hook and bullet kinda Gal :mrgreen:

Mine too, and a shed hunter! :grin:

todbartell
07-04-2007, 10:12 PM
thankfully my gf does not like to hunt at all

she does fish which is fun because fishing is like partying

ape
07-04-2007, 10:52 PM
How many of you call this fortunate like I do to be able to hunt and fish with the wife. It sure allows me a lot more hunting time without any complaining. The only drawback I can see is if she, out river fishes me, out lake fishes me or actually out hunts me. Ya never hear the end of it.
That is the chance I am willing to take to be this fortunate.

Mr. Dean
07-04-2007, 10:59 PM
Yup. AND she still respects that I need my 'alone' time as well. I get 2 weeks this fall for good behaviour!

I love it!........... Ahem......... HER!

hotload
07-04-2007, 11:09 PM
Good on ya Mr. Dean. Where is the alone time going to be? Hunting? Good Friends? Sounds like you found a beauty there.

Jelvis
07-04-2007, 11:17 PM
Mr. Dean knows who wears the pants in the family! Good thing he does, or it's hot tongue and cold shoulder. Smart fella

Mr. Dean
07-04-2007, 11:43 PM
Good on ya Mr. Dean. Where is the alone time going to be? Hunting? Good Friends? Sounds like you found a beauty there.

I'll be hunting.

Just to give you an idea... Our honeymoon was a week Salmon fishing in a monsoon (EVERY day) on the chuck, out of Pender Harbour.

She did the Bear thing this spring... We leave for 2 weeks worth of fishing/criusing/Bear scouting/f'ing the dog, later this month. 8-)

Come October,,, WATCH OUT! - It's MINE!MINE!MINE!MINE!MINE!MINE! :mrgreen:

WoodOx
07-04-2007, 11:44 PM
meh girlfriend likes hiking and camping - when theres showers. That rules hunting out :D

gotta have some guy time right?

BCBairdo
07-05-2007, 08:05 AM
My wife loves to hunt and fish.....she actually taught me how to tie flies too....but like Mr. Dean she does give me two weeks a year in the fall for myself in the bush.....usually bowhunting as she is strictly in love with her firestick:-D

4 point
07-05-2007, 09:34 AM
My wife loved game meat & game birds before her last pregnancy. Also didn't mind deer/moose hanging in the shop before going to the butchers. After our daughter was born some 26 years ago she wanted none of it. I took a real nice 4 point a couple years ago and wanted to get it mounted which I did. She said "it's not hanging in our house." Well it is and I hunt now more than ever. She eats other meats while I eat game meat when ever I can. My wife was born & raised in Sask. and doesn't like water so no fishing companion there. She has now started to tell me I'll soon to be old to head out into the bush. You have got to be kidding. Adjust and carry on I have.

338 winmag
07-05-2007, 10:13 AM
my wife started out hunting with me , week long bear hunting in a wall tent as newly weds , ate moose and deer meat as well , as the years went by she stopped going then stopped eating wild game , then hated my deer mounts , moose antlers and guns , now she is my ex wife .

Mr. Dean
07-05-2007, 10:18 AM
my wife started out hunting with me , week long bear hunting in a wall tent as newly weds , ate moose and deer meat as well , as the years went by she stopped going then stopped eating wild game , then hated my deer mounts , moose antlers and guns , now she is my ex wife .

Talk about a slippery slope!

I hope that she no longer has access to your wallet. :wink:

338 winmag
07-05-2007, 10:29 AM
she is no longer entitled to those benefits.:-D

4 point
07-05-2007, 10:30 AM
338 Winmag your post brought me a good chuckle. If mine didn't have other artibutes I 'd probably be long single by now. I'll always remain a hunter/fisherman until the end no matter what. My ruger 338 can hardly wait for the fall.

338 winmag
07-05-2007, 10:51 AM
my model 70 is ready to go as well , my deer heads had grand fathered rights in my home so i had no choice , really .8)

dawn2dusk
07-05-2007, 11:21 AM
I would be too distracted with wife around. Kinda like the Queen of the North scenario. Hanky panky going on when you should be focused on the primary task at hand.

Plus i think wife likes it when i go away. House stays clean, no sticky door knobs, bathroom issues, etc

And when i come home it is like we have been away from each other for months and it is like we are high school lovers again......for at least a day anyways.

Barracuda
07-05-2007, 03:28 PM
isnt Hanky Panky one of the benifits of hunting with the wife:mrgreen:

bsa30-06
07-05-2007, 04:23 PM
I would be too distracted with wife around. Kinda like the Queen of the North scenario. Hanky panky going on when you should be focused on the primary task at hand.

Plus i think wife likes it when i go away. House stays clean, no sticky door knobs, bathroom issues, etc

And when i come home it is like we have been away from each other for months and it is like we are high school lovers again......for at least a day anyways.

I know mine likes it when i'm gone......she finally gets to control the tv remote.:mrgreen:

ruger#1
07-05-2007, 04:29 PM
I would rather hunt n fish with my dogs, They are more friendly.

bsa30-06
07-05-2007, 04:31 PM
I would rather hunt n fish with my dogs, They are more friendly.

Mark , i hope your wife doesn't read this..

ruger#1
07-05-2007, 04:32 PM
Im going to print it out for her.

bsa30-06
07-05-2007, 04:34 PM
Im going to print it out for her.

your a sucker for punishment buddy.I hope you recover from the injuries before the fall season, i still want to get together for a hunt.

ruger#1
07-05-2007, 04:44 PM
It will have to be on a weekend. Without the wives HA HA HA