PDA

View Full Version : Nikon Monarch 7 binocs

Salty
12-06-2016, 09:31 AM
I'm reading some pretty flattering reviews of these. Supposed to be excellent in low light some say as good as it gets. Anyone in our midst tried these?

bowshot
12-11-2016, 11:13 PM
Real good bino's in my experience. But then I borrowed a set of Leica's.......
A guy could try to wear out 4 sets of Nikon's before spending as much as the Leica's.
Nikon's are lighter, just as clear but seem to have a little distortion when panning from side to side compared to my Leica's.
If it wasn't for a 649 ticket, I wouldnt have the Leica's and would be more than happy with my nikon's. Better than the Leupold gold ring's I had,
better than the bausch and lomb's I tried, comparable to my Canon's that broke and are not made anymore and as good as my zeiss I had. All were 8x42's. I buy as good as I can with my budget, Nikons are still here along side the Leica's......

Grizzlydick
12-12-2016, 08:23 AM
I have the 5's work for me.

Salty
12-12-2016, 10:00 AM
There's a few guys on CGN that like the 5s too Grizz good to hear.

Thanks for all the info bowshot. Actually I'm rockin Bausch and Lombs they've served me well for 10 plus years but overdue for an upgrade. I'm going to try to get my hands on a pair of 7s to look through they sound like a contender without a $hitload of money.