PDA

View Full Version : Sorry, my fault....

mike_b
11-30-2016, 10:46 PM
looks like we'll be sharing the bush with a new hunter....

Surprisingly to me, a friend of mine came to me this year and told me that he was thinking of giving hunting a try. Already being hooked on hiking, he had a good chunk of the gear required......however, I had my doubts about him actually enjoying hunting. We went to Cabelas where he took advantage of the "initiation hunting licence" as well as buying a cheap pair of binos.

The weekend came and off we went.....

We put a lot of miles on the boots in the 3 days out; saw a lot of sign, tracks, does, and even a few bucks, but nothing legal. On our way home he was telling me that even though we weren't able to fill a tag, he still had a great time. I asked him if he was interested in getting his CORE and PAL, still having my doubts. But today, he called me and told me that he had signed up for both his PAL and CORE......and that he wanted me to find him a hunting rifle similar to mine.

So........does anyone have a bolt action in 30.06 that they're looking to part with??.....haha

dmaxtech
11-30-2016, 10:55 PM
Don't apologize for introducing someone to hunting. Just don't tell him about LEH.

mastercaster
11-30-2016, 10:55 PM
This one looks like a good buy:

Browning X bolt Stalker 30-06 (http://www.canadiangunnutz.com/forum/showthread.php/1488487-Browning-X-bolt-Stalker-30-06)

Whonnock Boy
11-30-2016, 10:56 PM
Excellent recruiting. I don't have what you are looking for, but maybe someone else does. You could visit Canadian Gun Nutz, although you may not be able to access the equipment exchange until you have a certain number of posts. But plenty of reputable buyers and sellers on their, with a lot of guns! Best of luck to both you and your buddy. Cheers.

mike_b
11-30-2016, 11:06 PM
I'm also a member of the CGN forum.......mastercaster, I contacted the seller of the X-bolt on my lunch break today, but haven't heard anything since.

I'm pretty excited about this.....my nephew and brother in law are now also interested about hunting. I see these additions as wins for us hunters

Whonnock Boy
11-30-2016, 11:37 PM
You have all year to find your friend a firearm. I would advise your friend to take his time, visit some stores, hold some rifles, and then watch the forums for the right one. That is all provided your friend can contain himself from buying a gun. :)

I'm also a member of the CGN forum.......mastercaster, I contacted the seller of the X-bolt on my lunch break today, but haven't heard anything since.

I'm pretty excited about this.....my nephew and brother in law are now also interested about hunting. I see these additions as wins for us hunters

mastercaster
11-30-2016, 11:59 PM

The next best thing about buying a firearm for yourself is spending someone else's money to get one for them. LOL

scotty30-06
12-01-2016, 04:34 AM
Remington 770...360 scope on and it comes in a few different calibers...I really like mine..great gun for new hunter...and like was mentioned...keep quite about LEH

wideopenthrottle
12-01-2016, 09:31 AM
get him to shoulder a few to figure out what feels right for him