PDA

View Full Version : little help......please

Jmazu
11-28-2016, 09:17 PM
Hey guys, usually do my whitetail hunting at my grandpas or dads farms in region 8(close to home). Had a buddy come up to me a few days ago asking me if I would bring him out hunting as he is thinking about getting into it. Was thinking about bringing him out this weekend around salmon arm(would like to stay around an hour of vernon)but not to sure of where to go. Any general location would be greatly appreciated, Thanks.

Fella
11-28-2016, 09:28 PM
why not take him to your dads or grandpas farm?

mike31154
11-28-2016, 09:40 PM
Salmon Arm & west you're in region 3 so can still go after 4 pt Muley bucks as well as the WTs. If Salmon Arm is your base of operations, try Salmon River Rd heading south out of town. I haven't hunted there, but there are plenty of FSRs to get you into crown land in the hills above the valley. If you're willing to drive a little further, Chase Falkland Rd is more remote with less private land issues to worry about. That's an area I've been exploring of late & it looks very promising although I have yet to bag an animal. Actually going to give it another go early tomorrow morning.

scoutlt1
11-28-2016, 09:44 PM
why not take him to your dads or grandpas farm?

That's what I was thinking....???

Jmazu
11-28-2016, 10:54 PM
Have already got a whitey buck in reg8, so hoping to head over to reg3 and giving him a better hunting experience then sitting and just watching deer.

Jmazu
11-28-2016, 11:09 PM
Mike, pm sent.