PDA

View Full Version : Meat

campking
11-23-2016, 08:18 PM
My wife just told me our fridge has quit working and I just checked it and yes it is, there is sheep meat from my sheep this year that still has some ice in each pack but will not last long.

If it is legal to give a way perhaps someone would like it, but basically would need to pick it up tonight in Port moody or unfortunately will go in the garbage.

adriaticum
11-23-2016, 08:19 PM
Why don't you ask your friends or neighbours to keep it for you until you fix the fridge?
I don't think giving it away is the only solution.

campking
11-23-2016, 08:21 PM
The meat is fairly soft and I don't think it is safe to refreeze it?

takla1
11-23-2016, 08:22 PM
My wife just told me our fridge has quit working and I just checked it and yes it is, there is sheep meat from my sheep this year that still has some ice in each pack but will not last long.

If it is legal to give a way perhaps someone would like it, but basically would need to pick it up tonight in Port moody or unfortunately will go in the garbage.

Pick up a few blocks of ice and a large cooler and pack it inside,will last a couple days till you can pick up a new/used fridge

takla

adriaticum
11-23-2016, 08:23 PM
If it's safe to BBQ it, it's safe to re-freeze it.

takla1
11-23-2016, 08:23 PM
refreezing is no problem,have done it often...

takla

Rhyno
11-23-2016, 08:24 PM
The meat is fairly soft and I don't think it is safe to refreeze it?

Sounds like the meat is still partially frozen....I would refreeze asap! As long as it didn't get warm.

This fall a buddy sent a cooler of fish from the coast. Shipping took 2 days rather than 1. Some was partially frozen, some completely thawed but still very cold....refrozen it without issue.

Workinirn
11-23-2016, 08:24 PM

I live just a stone throw away in Coquitlam. I have a stand up freezer. You would be more than welcome to store your meat here till you find a replacement fridge or freeze.

campking
11-23-2016, 08:31 PM
Thank you all, I did not realize it could be refrozen and I have another stand up freezer so I just transferred it all of into it.

It was around two thirds thawed so I hope it will be ok!

Once again THANK YOU for all your help!!

Whonnock Boy
11-23-2016, 08:34 PM
It will be perfectly fine. Just thank your lucky stars you didn't find out by noticing a strong odor in the house.

okas
11-23-2016, 08:35 PM
nothing wrong with refreezing it it just makes it tender safeway did this years ago

campking
11-23-2016, 08:48 PM
I live just a stone throw away in Coquitlam. I have a stand up freezer. You would be more than welcome to store your meat here till you find a replacement fridge or freeze.

I forgot to say thank you very much Workinirn for the offer, much appreciated

warbird2006
11-23-2016, 09:06 PM
I will take it.

Workinirn
11-23-2016, 09:30 PM
I forgot to say thank you very much Workinirn for the offer, much appreciated

Hey no problem campking.
Anything to help a fellow hunter.