PDA

View Full Version : BC Hunting Buddy App

5jackz
11-22-2016, 11:24 PM
Is anyone using this App on a Android phone ? I considered purchasing it previously , but I was told that it was geared more towards the iPhone as opposed to Android phones . Some of the useful tracking features are not available on the Samsungs, LG's, etc. ?
Any feedback good or bad would be appreciated.
Thanks
:grin:

adriaticum
11-23-2016, 12:03 AM
I use it. Get it. It's good. Use gps for tracking.
Have all the regs and seasons, special area maps at your finger tips

shortrange
11-23-2016, 12:47 AM
You mean Hunt Buddy BC? Good app and very useful to see what you can hunt and where. GPS is good but the maps are awful. Hoping to see that improve in future updates.

Island Idiots
11-23-2016, 02:56 AM
The android app is useless. Outstanding on my iphone however.imo

Steeleco
11-23-2016, 06:15 AM
I beg to differ. For $4 I just did it and it's great. Sure the maps could be better, but they are taken from the gov't source so what can they do.

More people spend more money on a bottle of water for $#@% sakes. Do it!!

ajr5406
11-23-2016, 07:04 AM
I have used it on both Android and iPhone. I bought the map package ($14) when I switched to iPhone and its awesome for the money - not as good on Android as iPhone, but definitely worth getting

.308SLAYER
11-23-2016, 07:18 AM
So what's the difference on the identical app on two top of the line phones just curious....iPhone has a tiny ass screen I like my androids

604Stalker
11-23-2016, 07:19 AM
Hunting partner uses it great little app.

Bonz
11-23-2016, 08:09 AM
used it since it came out. good app.

twoSevenO
11-23-2016, 01:44 PM
It's the best way i've found to determine MU boundaries. Very useful if you want to hunt, for example 2-17, but not step into the closed 8-5.
Regs are terrible at this. The maps suck and the description will usually say the line is XYZ creek .... well now you gotta go source out a Topo map because this tiny little creek's name doesn't show up on google or Google earth.

If for nothing else, it's very useful for determining MU boundaries :)

Slinky Pickle
11-23-2016, 05:23 PM
I REALLY wish that Reach would update the Android version so it has the same capabilities as the iOS version. At one time he mentioned that there way more iPhone users than Android users. I wonder if that's still the same.

Steeleco
11-23-2016, 05:50 PM
Not in my house, 4 Androids and 2 have the app!!

Rob
11-23-2016, 05:50 PM
Where is the gps/tracker on the site?

5jackz
11-23-2016, 08:10 PM
Thanks for the feedback. Been sitting on the sidelines as to whether it is worth adding to my arsenal of goodies.

honeyman76
11-24-2016, 09:57 AM
I use it on my iphone. Like someone pointed out, the maps once in the bush I find will not load (the satelite map) Its blurry. Some of the other maps such as the Hydbrid seem to be okay though. It would be nice if they could figure out why the satelite map won;t load properly when the app in the bush relies on satelite..

Slinky Pickle
11-24-2016, 10:18 AM
I use it on my iphone. Like someone pointed out, the maps once in the bush I find will not load (the satelite map) Its blurry. Some of the other maps such as the Hydbrid seem to be okay though. It would be nice if they could figure out why the satelite map won;t load properly when the app in the bush relies on satelite..

If you don't have cellular coverage then you don't get the maps unless you have downloaded them prior to losing signal. The only "satellite" communication it has is GPS so you can see where you are relative to the MU borders but that's it. It doesn't turn your cell phone into a sat phone.

coyotebc
11-29-2016, 09:46 PM
I have had it for about 3 years now on android phones and tablet
I hardly ever use it, and find it next to useless

Slinky Pickle
11-29-2016, 10:05 PM
I've had it for about 3 years too and I use it all the time. I don't carry a hard copy of the regs any more (although I confirm them to the app early in the year).

I hunt a lot of region borders and find it very useful for knowing which region I'm in. I also use the sunrise/sunset feature to plan out my day. It's a bunch of handy stuff all wrapped up in a single app.

I use the android version and would just like to see the same features as the iOS version.

huntcoop
11-29-2016, 11:14 PM
Is the upgraded map purchase worth the $14.99???