PDA

View Full Version : This F$%^$* WEATHER!!!!

Cyrus
11-22-2016, 05:46 PM
Love early September weather in November..high winds...warm temps...no snow...extreme MUD!!! .this has been the worst weather year for hunting that I can remember. Nothing is movin...which is sad considering it is the peak of the rut. Tag soup is getting closer for the 2nd straight year.

todbartell
11-22-2016, 06:16 PM
Weather has been mild. Perhaps the deer are locked down in heavy cover doing what they do to make fawns for the spring.

russm
11-22-2016, 06:39 PM
Would be nice to get a couple days in a row with no rain, id like to clean/polish the truck one of these days.

smallfry14
11-22-2016, 07:13 PM
Love early September weather in November..high winds...warm temps...no snow...extreme MUD!!! .this has been the worst weather year for hunting that I can remember. Nothing is movin...which is sad considering it is the peak of the rut. Tag soup is getting closer for the 2nd straight year.
Yup. I was afraid that this was going to happen so I tagged out on a dinker in the first week of November.. my hunch was right!! Brutal weather, tough to keep your head in the game when you start sweatin your bag off on a November hunt.

albravo2
11-22-2016, 07:17 PM
I couldn't agree more. I cut one tag on a two-point in the first week of October and I'm really glad I did. Not only is the venison delicious from a young pre-rut buck, it was colder and better hunting than the past month.

Seems to be starting to cool off and the snowline is coming down. Might be an awesome end to the season.

takla1
11-22-2016, 07:36 PM
I agree as well,spent most of the week days last week hunting local for BT and just doe's spotted,every day came home soaked.Finally had a little dusting up around the 1500 ft level yesterday so I know were the bucks are hanging out just no way to get up to them .
I got within 20 yrds of 2-doe's today with my granddaughter with me,no bucks in toe again...

takla

.264winmag
11-22-2016, 07:56 PM
Nice weather to camp up in the alpine, wish I still had a goat tag!

scotty30-06
11-22-2016, 08:34 PM
Just another rain season here on the south coast

Ohwildwon
11-22-2016, 09:23 PM
Glass half full, working all the time,
long days, not missing out on anything weather wise...

Xenomorph
11-22-2016, 09:26 PM
Nice weather to camp up in the alpine, wish I still had a goat tag!

Aren't goats out for the season? PM me if you know something, got some time on my hands and a tag.

mark
11-22-2016, 09:46 PM
Yup, warmest fall I can ever remember, also the slowest deer season I've ever seen. :(

boxhitch
11-23-2016, 01:39 AM
This is when the homework counts. The deer are still there, the rut is still happening, just no snow to make sightings and tracking easy
Storms do make for some ebb and flow of activity, but temperatures not so much.

Mulies at 1600 m. are leaving sign in the 20 cms of snow, chasing and fighting

scotty30-06
11-23-2016, 02:56 AM
I really wonder if snow line pushes the deer around down here on South coast we don't get really that much snow....so would alpine deer stay up there and Valley deer stay down low?

ghost
11-23-2016, 07:24 AM
Seen lots of deer rain is quieter than snow. All the deer including all the bucks I have seen have been in thick dark timber,see them but hard to get shots off.

HarryToolips
11-23-2016, 07:35 AM
Yup, it sucks, wasn't it around -10 this time last year??

caddisguy
11-23-2016, 08:02 AM
Last I checked the weather is going to take a turn this weekend... seeing -6 to -7 for dang-near-sea-level in the closest city to where I hunt. Guessing I'll see -12... snow too... just hoping the roads won't be all iced up from the thawing and freezing over the next few days.

sausage lover
11-23-2016, 09:41 AM
No bad weather just bad gear! Mother nature will find the flaw in your kit,pack extra layers etc. I agree the weather is crap this year,can't stand that peanut butter mud!:?

rocksteady
11-23-2016, 09:44 AM
This is when the homework counts. The deer are still there, the rut is still happening, just no snow to make sightings and tracking easy
Storms do make for some ebb and flow of activity, but temperatures not so much.

Mulies at 1600 m. are leaving sign in the 20 cms of snow, chasing and fighting

Agreed, the rut is based on the amount of daylight hours, not the weather.

Hunters love the cold crisp snowy days, deer don't care they still breed...

sawmill
11-23-2016, 10:04 AM
It`s snowing here today, maybe for the next 4 days. Unfortunatly I got lucky early with a nice 4 x 4 whitie so now all I can do hope it snows enough to put me to work plowing.

Cyrus
11-23-2016, 02:10 PM
Agreed, the rut is based on the amount of daylight hours, not the weather.

Hunters love the cold crisp snowy days, deer don't care they still breed...

true..but they dont move as much and stay in thick timber. high winds are my biggest pet peeve of hunting. kills the hunt before it starts.

Bugle M In
11-23-2016, 06:31 PM
Biggest problem is lack of snow condensing the deer into their main winter ranges.
Deer seem to be all spread out, making it hard to find a big 4 pt, at least for me.
Seeing small bucks, and one huge 3pt:icon_frow or very small 4 pts, not worth it, and barely legal.

On a good note however, I am seeing that just about every Doe as a juvenile fawn with them!
Good to see, hope they make it thru the winter.
Did see one wolf killed doe however.

Definitely the warmest season this late in November in region 3 in years for me.
I hardly can remember the days when I would be up there and there was already a foot of snow at 800m.
Up above on the plateau, would be 2 to 3 feet by now.....what a difference.

Stone Sheep Steve
11-23-2016, 08:35 PM
Looking at the positive, Carry-over to next year should be good again. The winter will be short.

SSS

Wrayzer
11-23-2016, 10:04 PM
Chased white tail after the rain cleared up in a only a long sleeve shirt and jeans. Far cry from the toe warmers and layer upon layer.

HarryToolips
11-23-2016, 10:22 PM
Looking at the positive, Carry-over to next year should be good again. The winter will be short.

SSS
Exactly what I was thinking...