PDA

View Full Version : Open Goat areas

ryanb
07-03-2007, 01:29 PM
Since I didn't get my goat draw in the LEH (put it for the same zone I had a draw in last year), I'm starting to look at open areas for this fall. Frankly, I don't even know where to start because everywhere I know well is all LEH country. I guess it's probably between the Northern Rockies or the North Coast. Then theres the open areas in the Kootenays as well. Which is the better option for access, quality of hunt, and or course GOATS? Flying-in is not out of the question for me, but I have to figure out some spots to go first.

Any help you guys can give me is greatly appreciated. Feel free to PM me if you don't want to post it in this thread.

Thanks a lot!
Ryan

GoatGuy
07-03-2007, 01:48 PM
Reg 6 has the biggest goats but there have been booners come out of pretty much every corner of the province.

You should have seen some when you were grizz hunting last spring.

ryanb
07-05-2007, 09:23 AM
Anyone ever hunted goats around Bella Coola?

Orangethunder
07-07-2007, 10:12 AM
Anyone ever hunted goats around Bella Coola?

I haven't hunted there but I have flown that area and it is rugged! There are lots of bears there too. Plus the drive sucks but the fishing is good.

Now if your willing to fly why not head north and make it a sheep/goat/caribou/moose/elk hunt. Just a thought.

Stone Sheep Steve
07-07-2007, 02:47 PM
I've hunted goats in Bella Coola once as an after thought when there for Grizz hunting/fishing.
The mountains there tower above the valley floor so be prepared to spend the night up there to make your hunting more efficient.
Saw lots of goats and one cranker waaaaaaaaaaaay up in the cheap seats:(.

There's an open season for a reason.:-|

SSS