PDA

View Full Version : Late season tactics

bigredchev
11-21-2016, 02:41 PM
Who's heading out for the final days of deer season?

Where are ya headed and any different tactics?

I'm heading out to reg3 this Wednesday for 4 days.

I'm figuring them to be real spooky as they have been chased for 8 weeks of hunting

Good luck

IronNoggin
11-21-2016, 03:43 PM
I'll be looking about over here on The Rock for a bit yet...

But "final days" ain't in the picture yet.
The Real Fun begins with late season archery back on the mainland.
Bit of a 'test" trying them on with pointy sticks after the guns all retire... :lol:

Cheers & Best of Luck Chevy...
Nog

FortBoy
11-21-2016, 04:03 PM
heading up for late season bow myself

dmaxtech
11-21-2016, 04:12 PM
Heading out to reg3 this weekend with my kids. Hopefully we can connect. Its a long shot but still no meat in the freezer and wife's not happy.

markomoose
11-21-2016, 05:52 PM
My son and I are heading for Region 5 for 4 days.He couldn't make it on our hunts this fall so he's chomping at the bit.We seem to do OK with the walk and stalk method.Glass ahead and continue on.I have never tried light rattling in the late season but would like to hear if anyone has tried it?Freezer needs filling bad! Good hunting & Cheers Mark

Shikari300WSM
11-21-2016, 07:51 PM
Heading out to reg3 this weekend with my kids. Hopefully we can connect. Its a long shot but still no meat in the freezer and wife's not happy.

I wish I had that problem! Misses is a bit of a pain when it comes to the length of my hunts. Understandable but still a a pain sometimes when you want to hunt that extra day!

Ryo
11-21-2016, 09:34 PM
Call me crazy, but I wouldn't be switching to late season tactics quite yet. Rattled in a suburban blacktail this afternoon while on my walk, just for fun.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/qqvvu2dh9iph6w0/IMG_7798.MOV?dl=0

gameslayer
11-21-2016, 11:49 PM
Call me crazy, but I wouldn't be switching to late season tactics quite yet. Rattled in a suburban blacktail this afternoon while on my walk, just for fun.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/qqvvu2dh9iph6w0/IMG_7798.MOV?dl=0

Good video there Ryo ...certainly was curious

scotty30-06
12-02-2016, 03:56 AM
Heading into region 2 this weekend...checking the trail cam and gaining some knowledge on a spot....tons of activity with does but having trouble finding a buck....the bucks sign is there but locating the buck is the trick. The term grey ghosts is becoming more truth then anything lol.

604Stalker
12-02-2016, 07:13 AM
Honestly Ive spent more time in reg 2 than anywhere else in the last 2 years and this year only popped out there once during the season saw a few deer bumped some beds. It will just be all that much sweeter when I find what Im after.

HarryToolips
12-02-2016, 07:41 AM
I'm just going local with my recurve bow, only got a few partial days left in my season, can't complain though, I have game in the freezer...I might do some spot and stalk for muley bucks with the bow, or sit my ass down on a well used trail and wait out for some whitetail..

M.Dean
12-02-2016, 11:55 AM
And a reminder to all who venture out for the best hunting of the year, it's bloody winter time at the higher levels, like my place! Carry chains that you've "Pre-fitted" in your drive way where there's not 2 feet of snow, carry a good solid snow shovel too, a few extra clothes wouldn't hurt either, dry jacket, insulated pants or snow suit, dry socks, gloves, boots etc. On my quad I take my little propane torch and a tent warmer that screws onto the same green bottles, sure helps save my hands and feet with Diabetes, believe me! It's 6 or 8 below here when I leave, and when I'm even with Sun Peaks, the back side, I bet it's minus 12 to 15, with a good wind blowing! A few blankets won't take up too much space either, and food, if your ever stuck over nite you'll thank me! If your not sure about the area your heading into and it's real cold out, leave the kids at home, sure they might be pissed but at least there warm at home! Stay warm and have fun out there!

scotty30-06
12-02-2016, 08:50 PM
That's the key....finding those big elusive blacktail....im stoked looks like it will be nice and cold up there

scotty30-06
12-02-2016, 08:53 PM
And great words of advice.

scotty30-06
12-04-2016, 12:42 PM
Up in Chilliwack yesterday and got a good dumping of snow mid way up mountain....found some rubs and other sign....always a great day when you get out into the snowy mountains