PDA

View Full Version : Deer Wintering Areas Logan Lake

bcshadow
11-20-2016, 11:59 PM
Hi, I am planning a hunt during the last few days of the season in December. I imagine that the deer have probably moved to the wintering area as the rut will be over by then.

Can anyone help me with general deer wintering areas around Tunkwa / Logan Lake? Not specifics, but just to narrow it down.

Thanks for your help.

Backwoods
11-21-2016, 08:06 AM
Your best bet is south facing slopes, sorry don't know the area but new areas for late season south slopes are my go too- Good luck!

604Stalker
11-21-2016, 08:27 AM
A spot even in general terms will be hard info to get as most guys who are hunting them need to fill their own tags this time of year. Blacktails are a bit of a B to find but you may wanna come check reg 2 where its still any buck.

brian
11-21-2016, 08:56 AM
I don't know anything about the area but if I were going to start poking around for winter range I would start researching here (http://www.env.gov.bc.ca/wld/frpa/uwr/approved_uwr.html). If you dig in the zip files you will find maps and shape files. It'll at least give you a starting point.

bcshadow
11-21-2016, 03:53 PM
Thanks for the help.

Edzzed
11-21-2016, 04:40 PM
One thing I noticed on the road to Tunkwa as you leave Logan lake are signs on every road to the right that say something along the lines of no vehicular access. I should have snapped a pic but didn't. Even asked a friend about it and he said he said he'd ask around but didn't hear back from him before we left.

lovemywinchester
11-21-2016, 06:32 PM
The grasslands around Tunkwa have been closed to all motorized traffic for a few years now. This doesn't seem to stop a bunch of idiots from ripping around there still. People need to stay on the open roads only.
There is a map in the link below.

https://www.for.gov.bc.ca/ftp/TKA/external/!publish/Recreation/Logan%20Lake%20OHV/LoganLakeAreaORVTrailsPlanFINAL.pdf

One thing I noticed on the road to Tunkwa as you leave Logan lake are signs on every road to the right that say something along the lines of no vehicular access. I should have snapped a pic but didn't. Even asked a friend about it and he said he said he'd ask around but didn't hear back from him before we left.